• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, RealPresence said:

Taking a pencil from work and murdering a person are NOT the same type of sin.
There is minor (venial) sin, which damages our relationship with God - and there is grave (mortal) sin that severs it.

But Jesus already died on the cross for all sins, big and small.

and since when do born again christians go around murdering people with pencils. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

But Jesus already died on the cross for all sins, big and small.

If we REPENT.

When YOU sin - do you shake your fist at God or do you repent of that sin??
If you don't repent and confess that sin - guess what??  It's NOT forgiven.  

Jesus redeemed (paid for) every single person who will ever live on the cross.
However, NOT all will be saved because NOT all will repent and follow Him.

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

and since when do born again christians go around murdering people with pencils.

So, are YOU saying that Christians are immune from sin??  that Christians can't sin??
That is a Scripturally-bankrupt claim.

24 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

If we REPENT.

No, if we BELIEVE. John 3:16, 1 Pet 3:21.

23 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

So, are YOU saying that Christians are immune from sin??  that Christians can't sin??
That is a Scripturally-bankrupt claim.

We all have the ability to kill, but do we do it? No. Why is that?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

We obey God not to be accepted but because we are accepted!!!

9 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

We obey God not to be accepted but because we are accepted!!!

Underline: Correcto.

John 8:34-36 NIV Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Rom 1:6 NIV And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:9-11 NIV You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Rom 14:8 NIV If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

2 Cor 10:7 NIV You are looking only on the surface of things. If anyone is confident that he belongs to Christ, he should consider again that we belong to Christ just as much as he.

Gal 2:12 NIV Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Gal 3:29 NIV If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 5:24 NIV Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

Gal 6:10 NIV Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Heb 10:38-39 NIV And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.” 39But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

1 John 2:19 NIV They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

n/a

Edited by Heb 13:8

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I have been pondering why our Roman Catholic acquaintances are so adamant that the doctrine of eternal security is false, and why they would use so much scripture incorrectly to try and prove their point. Scripture is fairly simple it says what it means and means what it says when taken in the correct context. Our friends though seem to consistently apply scripture incorrectly- then it dawned on me- the Holy Spirit says he will lead us into all truth, but he is talking to people that are indwelt by the same Holy Spirit—if the Spirit is not dwelling in someone they cannot reasonably expect to be able to correctly interpret scripture. Before I really completely trusted  Christ  and before my eternal security was sealed I had a fervor for God and would go through all kinds of prayer, scriptural exercises and various meditations to ignite a feeling of holiness or god effect and there was a physical /mental reaction that at the time I felt was a closeness to god, or verification that I knew god (small g is no accident). I generated a frenzy of religious experience, but it was all counterfeit emotion..

Finally, and I am not sure exactly how it happened but all the pieces fell together and I understood what it meant to be truly saved by grace alone. My salvation anxieties fell away- I no longer needed to generate a false sense of spirituality and deep inside was a peace that could only come from God- the Bible says the Holy Spirit witnesses to our spirit that we are the children of God and I have that abiding sense of wellbeing knowing that I am completely accepted by God . The resistance to the OSAS doctrine seems to be generated by the fear that Jesus cannot save completely or keep the promises he made, and I fear that it is not a good thing on an eternal basis if a person does not understand it.

5 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

No, if we BELIEVE. John 3:16, 1 Pet 3:21.

We all have the ability to kill, but do we do it? No. Why is that?

WRONG.

1 John 1:9
states emphatically:  "But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness."
Just "believing" is not enough.  That's why James tells us to "CONFESS YOUR SINS" (James 5:16).

As for your last statement - do you  actually believe that you cannot sin??
What UNBELIEVABLE arrogance . . . .