• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Well - I have yet to receive an answer to the questions:
WHERE did the Protestant 66-Book Canon come from?
WHO declared it?
WHO had the Authority to do so?

On the anti-Catholic thread, “Lourdes”, I asked these questions repeatedly to SEVERAL Protestants and nobody was able to answer it.

Finally, the person who created the thread (Saved.One.by.Grace) requested that it be closed rather than attempt to figure out an answer.
This should really be a cause of concern to all of you who hold to this canon and deny the fact that it was compiled and declared canonical by the Catholic Church.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

So, rather than take ALL of Jesus' message in context, you respond with these impotent little comments?
Instead of lashing out at me - pay heed to what Jesus said.

Religion doesn't save you, only the blood of Christ will. Are you born again RP? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior, or do you depend on the law and religious stuff to save you.

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

Wrong.

Jesus never talks about ANY salvation other than that of the soul.

Matt. 16:26
What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

That is incorrect.  In fact, "salvation" in the NT has five different meanings (preservation, deliverance, security, healing, restoration).   And the context of Matt. 24 is not about how to be saved spiritually.   Jesus is discussing Israel during the Tribulation and stating that those who endure will be "saved" or preserved out of the Tribulation.   Sorry, but the context defies your claim.

If you are trying to earn or work hard to deserve salvation, you're going to hell.

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

WHO declared it?

On the anti-Catholic thread, “Lourdes”, I asked these questions repeatedly to SEVERAL Protestants and nobody was able to answer it.

1.  It came from God.  He inspired it and transmitted to His chosen vessels who were its human authors.

2.  God declared it.  Man merely discovered it.

3.  No one but God has the authority.   Man does not sit in judgment on the canon. 

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

So, rather than take ALL of Jesus' message in context, you respond with these impotent little comments?
Instead of lashing out at me - pay heed to what Jesus said.

We are paying attention to what Jesus said, and to what the rest of the NT says.  And in the NT salvation is a gift, not a reward to be earned or a prize to win. 

Guest Teditis
6 hours ago, RealPresence said:

***DUPLICATE POST***

Well even if it's already been said before, it doesn't hurt to repeat it.

23 hours ago, Teditis said:

[1Jo 2:19 KJV] 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

That's a tough verse for the "works-for-salvation" group to dismiss.

OSAS is just an easy way to present an important truth of the Gospel message.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, RealPresence said:

WHO declared it?

the Canon was compiled by a group of early churchmen. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Unfortunately this is used by Jesuit apologists to suggest the Catholic Church "gave" us the Bible, it is also used as an argument that tradition is just as valid as scripture when determining the will of God.  Hence it is used as an  argument against scripture only. -It is also as  justification for the bestowing of authority upon the RCC- the church now uses this line of reasoning to say the Church has the authority to speak for God with new doctrine and that the Churches decrees carry the same weight as scripture.

this is a huge fail on 2 points

#1) the early churchmen where using existing scripture and sorting it out, they were not adding new scripture

#2) the early church fathers where cut from a different cloth than the leaders of the RC church. Since the primitive Christian church of the early churchmen the Roman Catholic Church has morphed into  religio/political machine., and to say the early church father council was in any away related to the Roman Catholic Church of today is an affront to the intergrity of God and a slap in the face of the apostles and elders

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

It took me a long time to figure this out, I am sure many of you already knew this but I had to puzzle some stuff out--- Having many Roman Catholic friends and relatives I wanted to believe Roman Catholic Doctrine lines up with Christian Teaching. I have come to the conclusion that it does not on many points- but this is the most important,  and why I now believe the Roman Catholic Church is not Christian-- their apologists fiercely attack once save always saved-  Finally It dawned on me why- the "church" needs to hold the power of heaven and hell over the sheep it enslaves. If the sheep knew and trusted OSAS- the Catholic Church would crumble, their biggest tool is fear of hell. OSAS would liberate the Average Catholic from the shackles of useless tradition  and they would be able to worship God with a liberated heart Trusting Christ only.

It is my firm conviction now that the "Roman Catholic Church" is not a spiritual organization gone astray but a political force masquerading as something spiritual. It breaks my heart to see so many good hearted and well intentioned people work so hard and be used so cruelly by the leaders of the group.

Jesus said "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest" he didnt say rest- as long as you hold on and keep your mind straight, and show up fro confession and mass, he said "REST"

Edited by woundeddog

On 12/3/2016 at 0:30 PM, shiloh357 said:

T

****DUPLICATE POST****

5 hours ago, woundeddog said:

the Canon was compiled by a group of early churchmen. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Unfortunately this is used by Jesuit apologists to suggest the Catholic Church "gave" us the Bible, it is also used as an argument that tradition is just as valid as scripture when determining the will of God.  Hence it is used as an  argument against scripture only. -It is also as  justification for the bestowing of authority upon the RCC- the church now uses this line of reasoning to say the Church has the authority to speak for God with new doctrine and that the Churches decrees carry the same weight as scripture.

this is a huge fail on 2 points

#1) the early churchmen where using existing scripture and sorting it out, they were not adding new scripture

#2) the early church fathers where cut from a different cloth than the leaders of the RC church. Since the primitive Christian church of the early churchmen the Roman Catholic Church has morphed into  religio/political machine., and to say the early church father council was in any away related to the Roman Catholic Church of today is an affront to the intergrity of God and a slap in the face of the apostles and elders

Really??  
“Early Churchmen”??

Ummmm, WHICH early Churchmen??
What an empty answer.  Allow me to educate you . . .

The only “early Churchmen” were Catholic.  From the earliest extrabiblical writings of the Early Church, they were already using the name “Catholic Church” as a TITLE and not a mere description as in Acts 9:31.  For example, in AD 107, Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch wrote the following on his way to his martyrdom in Rome:

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

In like manner let everyone respect the deacons as they would respect Jesus Christ, and just as they respect the bishop as a type of the Father, and the presbyters as the council of God and college of the apostles.Without these, it cannot be called a Church. I am confident that you accept this, for I have received the exemplar of your love and have it with me in the person of your bishop. His very demeanor is a great lesson and his meekness is his strength. I believe that even the godless do respect him (Letter to the Trallians 3:1-2 [A. D. 110]).