• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Exactly shiloh. That is what I am seeing. :mellow:

I'm not baiting anybody, I'm asking a perfectly valid question. If you're afraid of the truth - just admit it.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, OakWood said:

No, Jesus was taken to the top of a high mountain show that he could be shown the entire World. You even said yourself that it was to give him a panoramic vision.

Funny how you change your mind when I mention the word 'globe'.

No, I didn't change my mind.  I still see it as a panoramic vision.   It is as if Satan caused the kingdoms to pass in front of Jesus' eyes.   And none of that requires a flat earth.   But like I said, the title of the thread seemed to indicate that we were going to discuss Scripture, but then you did the old "bait and switch" routine and now want to make this about the flat earth.   That is a dishonest tactic.   I am off this thread.  I will not baited into a worthless discussion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I didn't change my mind.  I still see it as a panoramic vision.   It is as if Satan caused the kingdoms to pass in front of Jesus' eyes.   And none of that requires a flat earth.   But like I said, the title of the thread seemed to indicate that we were going to discuss Scripture, but then you did the old "bait and switch" routine and now want to make this about the flat earth.   That is a dishonest tactic.   I am off this thread.  I will not baited into a worthless discussion.

If it's a panoramic vision then it was because it was high up - ie on top of a mountain.

I find it astonishing that people always run away from arguments that they can never win.

By the way, it's not worthless. Scripture is not worthless. Scripture DOES NOT SUPPORT a spinning globe Earth. Never has done. Never will.

28 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Who knows the point is Jesus chose to go up to the mountains.  Is that not where most of the encounters happened?  Sorry if I misunderstood Oak,  forgive me?????

Blessings RustyAngeL

If you read the rest of Matthew 4, you'll find that his encounter with Satan had already happened before he was taken to the mountain. He was tempted by Satan into turning stones into bread. So why be taken to the top of a mountain to be shown the World?

Guest Robert
27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Shiloh: by now we should know that he turns just about all topics into flat earth. :lol:

6 minutes ago, RobertS said:

Shiloh: by now we should know that he turns just about all topics into flat earth. :lol:

Because it's the truth.

To believe in the globe is to deny what scripture says.

That reminds me of an interesting story I heard the other day. Did you know that when the Apollo 11 astronauts set off on their mission, they had no sooner reached the upper levels of the Earth's atmosphere when the rocket came to a halt as it smashed into some sort of ceiling?  Nevertheless they managed to drill their way through this ceiling only to find themselves passing through a vast ocean of water. Yes, that's right - the spaceship was swimming through a vast ocean of water just like a submarine.

Actually no, none of that was true. I just made it up.

What really happened was they left the Earth's atmosphere and travelled through the vast empty vacuum of Outer Space.

Because we all know that nothing in the Book of Genesis is actually true - it's just a metaphor - right?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, OakWood said:

A panoramic vision?

HOW EXACTLY DOES THAT WORK IF WE LIVE ON A GLOBE?

We are dealing with a supernatural phenomenon.  When Satan took Christ up to a high mountain he essentially brought a panoramic vision of all the kingdoms of the world before Him to display their glory. Satan does have supernatural capabilities, and can even achieve signs, wonders, and miracles (2 Thess 2:9).

49 minutes ago, Ezra said:

We are dealing with a supernatural phenomenon.  When Satan took Christ up to a high mountain he essentially brought a panoramic vision of all the kingdoms of the world before Him to display their glory. Satan does have supernatural capabilities, and can even achieve signs, wonders, and miracles (2 Thess 2:9).

Yes, Satan does have these capabilities. But why take Jesus to the top of a mountain to show him the World? It's obvious and it's Common Sense that Jesus was taken to the top of a mountain to get a better view. From high up he can see further. But he can't see the entire World if we live on a globe.

It's so obvious that only those who are in denial cannot see the truth. The globe is a lie and sadly many Christians have fallen for the lie. Once you are brainwashed it is very difficult to be un-brainwashed. Many people are so afraid of leaving the comfort zone of their own brainwashing that they will actively resist it and continue to live in a state of denial, so comfortable are they in their prison!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

But he can't see the entire World if we live on a globe.

Assuming that the flat earth theory is correct, Christ would still see  only 180 degrees of the flat earth facing forward.  So we have to abandon that in favor of a supernatural vision.

27 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Assuming that the flat earth theory is correct, Christ would still see  only 180 degrees of the flat earth facing forward.  So we have to abandon that in favor of a supernatural vision.

Or we have to accept that the Earth is flat because on a flat Earth, if you were high enough you would see everything that exists on the Earth around you in 360 degrees. All Jesus would have to do on top of the mountain is turn around and he would see everything. It's simple.

But on a globe he would never see what is on the other side of the World because the ball of the Earth beneath his feet would block his view. In fact, to be taken to a high mountain would be pointless. He would never see the entire World on a globe no matter how high the mountain was.

Now we can maybe assume that Jesus being divine and a performer of miracles could have x-ray vision and see entirely through the solid Earth from one side to the other, but if that were the case then he would have no need to be lifted to a mountain top to see it, he could just stay on the ground and see it.His x-ray vision would work anywhere and the mountain story would be an unnecessary detail added to scripture for no relevance.

But Jesus was lifted to a mountain top and shown the World. Scripture tells us that he was lifted to a high mountain because its a fact that is relevant to the account. He was lifted to a high mountain to get a higher vantage point and thus, a better view. This only makes sense if the Earth is a flat plain.

It's simple,it's easy to understand, and it makes perfect sense. God is not the author of confusion. He speaks plainly so that we can understand. Why people avoid these simple truths is a mystery. People will not get rid of the lie and they will defend the globe more than they will defend the word of God. In fact they become aggressive and rude if anybody questions the globe. Scripture does not support a spinning globe theory. Nobody believed the World was round until they were brainwashed with the idea. The lies was started by Copernicus and has been used to brainwash every schoolchild since then. Nothing in the Bible tells us that we live on a rotating globe, in fact scripture completely disagrees with that theory. We are told that the Earth is set on pillars, that there is a firmament above us, and that there is water above that. Outer Space is not water - it is a vacuum.

To believe that the Earth is a globe because you don't know any better is one thing, but to believe in the existence of Outer Space and promote the idea of the globe after being told the truth about the flat Earth is blasphemy!