• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

People that steal are called a thief, people that lie are called liars, so when I sin I like to say, 'Lord forgive me a sinner'.

And in case you don't think it is continual, think of God's perfect standard ...love God with all our heart mind and  soul all the time, and our neighbor as our self.

Yes, we are counted righteous, yes we have a new nature, but still we sin.

Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Does God see us - those who have been redeemed - as sinners?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, nebula said:

Does God see us - those who have been redeemed - as sinners?

No.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,852
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/1/2016 at 4:33 PM, Yowm said:

People that steal are called a thief, people that lie are called liars, so when I sin I like to say, 'Lord forgive me a sinner'.

And in case you don't think it is continual, think of God's perfect standard ...love God with all our heart mind and  soul all the time, and our neighbor as our self.

Yes, we are counted righteous, yes we have a new nature, but still we sin.

Jesus said: if you do not believe in me you are in your sins. 

The Jews said to Jesus: we are not sinners, we are the children of Abraham. 

In this example Jesus suggest to the Jews that been sanctified by the deeds of the Law, for those having the eligibility to be sanctified by the yearly deeds of the Law, by been discentands of Abraham it will be a thing of the past, it will pass away. 

The Jews did not argue with Jesus when Jesus suggested to them. I bring a new thing sanctification by believing in me. 

The Jews insisted that they had sanctification from sins and they do not need his propose sanctification. They could not see that their sanctification is coming to the end with the Christ

Because Jesus said: if you do not believe in me you are in your sins. 

Instant the Jews said to him: if you bring a new way of sanctification, then it is for those who are in their sins, the lost children of Abraham who for some reason they were excluded from the blessings upon Jacobs house and they were counted as sinners just like the Gentiles. 

The Jews believed they were not sinners, by reason of being the ligitimate children of Abraham, thus having the yearly sanctification through the deeds of the Law. 

The Jews when they sinned (and all sins are not the same), they had their instructions how to atton for their specific sin.

Sometimes through a sacrifice, according to their rules, others through both a sacrifice and restitution, and so on, because not all sins are treated as been the same, they were sins against one another, and against God. 

Thus the saying" the Law is fulfilled in those two commandments, love God and your neibours. 

If you do that, you do not want to sin against your neibours and God, and if you think you did, you will try to reconcile. 

If this instruction was given to the Jews of that time is good if they also had the sanctification of the yearly Attonment, if the were not eligible for the Attonment they were counded among the sinners. 

If they believe they love God and their neibours, in perfection and they did not need the yearly sacrifice, they deceive them selfs and were counded among the sinners. 

That time there was a distinction between a "sinner" like the tax collector, a Jew or not a Jew, but from the house if Jacob, who was not under this years Attonment , or if he was , he was cut off, and the way he was the Law could not allowed him to be a tax collector and have the Attonment at the sane time.  but had the eligibility to be partaker of the next yearly Attonment if he stop been a tax collector. .

For the man seek the mercy of God out of the deeds and against the rules of the Law. .

This man accepts that the judgment is upon him, so he is making a plea of mercy not within the Law but out of the rules a no hope plea, for he was out of the blessing of the yearly Attonment . 

And a "Sinner", by been a Gentile and not having any eligibility to be included in the yearly Attonment.  

At that time when someone in the right standing to the Law " sin", he was not called a "sinner", but he was view as someone been under the condemnation of his sin. 

In Jesus Christ sanctification we are under his Attonment all the time, what ever we do we do it while we are under his blood, he looks at us as been his blood seed his children. 

But that doesn't not mean that he blinds himself as to the real picture as we are in our own selfs. 

He must know everything about us, better than our selfs, so he can guide us, even in our disobedience, because we are still his, we are never cut off from him, we are the children by faith in his name. 

He does not hold our sins against us, in away to remove the blood of his Attonment from us. 

This is something he can not do, he has die, and he can not undo his shedding of his blood, and this is our security, and his giving us of his Spirit. 

In our disobedience he is still with us blessing us, in all other things, we are not abadont by him, of course not, but in this particular situation in his fellowship he adds of how to make us conscious of what we do, so we can change our ways, or put boundaries to our sinful ways. The opposite to what the Devil wants to do to us. 

As believers, 

Our sins they are not counded against us in a way that they can be the reason to contemn us to Hell. 

Our Judge is not the Devil, but the one who has paid the penalty of our sins. 

His name is Jesus Christ, and we are under the blood of his Attonment, 

We can be under his blood because he was made like us, so he can received the penalty of our sins, ..

The penalty of our sins is played in full.

Rejoice because the Devil can not rejoice like we do, because God provided a Savior only for us and not for the Devil not matter how much he believes, or he repents for that matter . 

God did not sent a Savior for the Devil, only for man , Jesus as a man he took the sins only of all mankind upon him self. ..

Believe in Jesus Christ, make your peace with him, the way you understand, but remember that Jesus Christ is our peace with God . By giving himself to die on the Cross for us. 

43 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't understand your reason for quoting me. Usually  when you quote someone it is to agree or to disagree or to question. I can't figure out which.

I comment on the use of the word"sinner" and how it has many meanings in our times. 

And I comment on the use of the word in the old times, and in our times. 

And I made some comments on the misuse of this word. 

And how it could be misuse, and believers in Jesus called " sinners " for some reason , when Paul made clear and he never called any one " sinner", but thief or lier and so on, but he called the unbelieving Jews "sinners" because they refused faith in the blood of the Lamb.

If I have sin against you, I have to see it for my self, and try not to do it .

If God made it known to me to do or not to do something, then I have disobey him, and I have to learn from that. 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Could you kindly address Paul's statement, noticing he says "I am" not "I was" ?

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. (1Ti 1:15)

I made a thorough examination of Paul's life as a Pharisee and I found no sin in his life, the order he belong to was one of the most upright orders, and he was blamless.

After his conversation he led a perfect life and no one ever has accused him of any sin.

When Paul referred to him self as a sinner he must have two things in his mind, the things he did in his ignorance following the commands of the High Priest prosecuting believers.

Paul referring to him self as sinner because of those things and he was actually accusing the Priest he had to obey as his co-participants in his actions.

Paul counting the Justification of the Law as nothing of any value, he found himself as a sinner without the Attonment of Jesus Christ, and at the same time declare the Priest and all the Jewish people without the benefit of the Attonment through the Law, as sinners without the faith if Jesus, and their lifeline been the children of Abraham and or Moses as been broken , because both Abraham and Moses had follow Jesus Christ.

That's his reference to him self as sinner, Jesus found him in this situation and Save him, not condemn him, and punish him, but forgiving him, that's how Paul preach the Gospel, Jesus accepts everyone as he is, not to condemn and punish, but to Save and forgive. .

Hope that I address your question.  

He was calling everyone saint in the name of the Lord, and he call on them to address their sins, and what sins to avoid. He said the Lord has also call us to our own self hollibess.