IGNORED

Name calling

Guest bonnieschamberger

Guest bonnieschamberger

I have to get this off my chest somehow..sometimes I almost hate that I work at a christian store and I feel that I will quit there soon even though I have been there 6 years and really dont want to.Today I heard so much name calling go on between other christians and really this has happened before but today it was like I couldnt take it and went into the bathroom and cried for an hour.You know even when its not dramatic fistfight name calling it is still horrible and I hate hearing it...I hate hearing other people come anywhere even remotely close to tearing another person down.Maybe I am too sensitive but I dont care I would rather be that.

namecalling1.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

It is uncalled for. It is verbal abuse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,358
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

charlie and duck 255.jpgSo my duck gave me up or what :foot-stomp: 

Guest bonnieschamberger

oh man I used to love going to feed birds and ducks and havent done that in forever...great now I have to go cry about that lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, bonnieschamberger said:

I have to get this off my chest somehow..sometimes I almost hate that I work at a christian store and I feel that I will quit there soon even though I have been there 6 years and really dont want to.Today I heard so much name calling go on between other christians and really this has happened before but today it was like I couldnt take it and went into the bathroom and cried for an hour.You know even when its not dramatic fistfight name calling it is still horrible and I hate hearing it...I hate hearing other people come anywhere even remotely close to tearing another person down.Maybe I am too sensitive but I dont care I would rather be that.

namecalling1.jpg

I would suggest you stop crying and stand up for yourself.  Miss is correct it is harassment and it is against the law.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

It sounds like you may be a little hormonal bonnie :mellow:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

It happens often here as well. For instance there is a certain person here who will attack any post I make. I wouldn't even know as I have had that person on ignore for a long time but others see it. I too have sometimes let my flesh respond when I notice another poster being what I consider self righteous and I must work on that. I think the most effective way to be loving towards others is to realize each day who we really are in Christ. In the past I have failed to do so but thankfully I have today to start fresh. 

One last thing to the OP, if you let other humans control how you feel by the way they act life will indeed be a tough thing for you. You are worthy because God has made you worthy. Do not let the actions of others determine your mood. Other people may be going through things we know nothing about. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

People are at different levels of self knowledge.  Jesus talked about removing the log in our eye, instead of calling attention the splinter in the eye of the other.  The less we know ourselves, the more we can take it out on others.  I think you need to stay, work it through instead of seeking to escape.  People can be rough, don't you belong to a church ;-). if not , I would recommend it, talk about rough seas.  Read the books of acts, there were lots of problems, Paul had his share.  Grow where you are planted my friend......you do have a sensitive heart, use it to grow in understanding and compassion.  I will pray for you and your ability to grow in patent endurance.

peace
Mark

Edited by markdohle