IGNORED

Denominations

GoodFruit

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Yes.

You come to Jesus through Church structure.  You are immature of the spirit at that juncture.  

"child" as in immature (not as an age).  

No, I come to Jesus by grace through faith, not through a "church structure."   But the church is not simply for spiritually immature people.  You don't outgrow the Church spiritually.    No one ever outgrows it.  Your view is not supported by Scripture.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The foundations of everything you have learned began on the rock of Peter's (Pauls, etc.) ministry in the first century AD....ie. Church structure held those teachings for you.

There is no "just by Grace through faith" without a basis for such (a belief and or reality).

You would have never heard of Christ except for those who came before you, all held in the arms of protection of fellow believers (standing together, we stay strong forever).

You still have not explained why going to church is only for the spiritually immature. 

Yes, my Christian faith is the fruit of the work of apostles, but that is really not the issue, here.     Your claim that that church attendance is only for spiritually immature people is not biblical and supported by your errant reasoning, not Scripture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The foundations of everything you have learned began on the rock of Peter's (Pauls, etc.) ministry in the first century AD....ie. Church structure held those teachings for you.

There is no "just by Grace through faith" without a basis for such (a belief and or reality).

You would have never heard of Christ except for those who came before you, all held in the arms of protection of fellow believers (standing together, we stay strong forever).

Little of what you are saying is making sense to me :unsure:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

Why would an apostle need to learn from a pastor?

Has anyone made this claim?  I don't think so.

8 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

(This should indicate to you that 99.9% of Christians are spiritually immature).

This is quite an arrogant and uncalled for statement. From your comments in this thread, I believe you would fall into this group simply by making such outrageous statements.

The other posters are quite correct in saying that the gathering together of Christians for worship is essential for all Christians, regardless of their level of maturity.

Guest shiloh357
18 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

Why would an apostle need to learn from a pastor?

(This should indicate to you that 99.9% of Christians are spiritually immature).

So just talking about a possibility.

I believe other topics have well worn groves.

Not interested in 'typical' conjecture.

Dull indeed.

Apostles were church planters and Paul served as a pastor, himself for a while.    You have in no way demonstrates that 99.9% of Christians are spiritually mature.    I suppose if you consider yourself part of the .1% who are not spiritually immature?

You're not talking about a possibility.   You apparently have no understanding of what constitutes spiritually immature Christian.

And for someone who is not interested in conjecture, you sure are throwing a lot of it around.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Why don't you call it what they call themselves, "The Holy ROMAN Catholic Church".

When did you ever see me refure to the Catholic Church as the Roman Catholic Church?

However, the Catholic religion is the religion of the Catholic Church—i.e., that group of churches in communion with the pope. If a group isn’t in communion with the pope, it isn’t part of the Catholic Church.

Within the Catholic Church there are a number of individual churches, sometimes called rites. One of these is the Roman rite or Roman church. It includes most of the Catholics in the Western world. A Roman Catholic is a Catholic who is a member of the Roman rite.

There are many Catholics in the East who are not Roman Catholics, such as Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics. These are all in communion with the pope, but they are not members of the Roman rite, so they are not Roman Catholics.

The Roman rite is not stricter than these other rights. They are equal. They all teach the same faith; it is only local customs that are different among them.

By the term 'ROMAN' it ceased to be 'Catholic' but just another denomination...

Hmmmmm..... by the info provided above.... do you wish to retract this?

or maybe they should take the matter up with the Eastern Church from which the 'Roman' bishop separated from the other bishops.

Sorry Yowm, but you have it backwards. One of the most tragic divisions within Christianity is the one between the Catholic Church and the Orthodox churches. Both have valid holy orders and apostolic succession through the episcopacy, both celebrate the same sacraments, both believe almost exactly the same theology, and both proclaim the same faith in Christ. There was no single event that marked the schism, but rather a sliding into and out of schism during a period of several centuries, punctuated with temporary reconciliations. The East’s final break with Rome did not come until the 1450s. So, why the division? What caused the division? Go to Catholicanswers.com/Eastern Orthodoxy for the whole story.

Peace

p.s. good to hear from you.  :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.  Hebrews 10:19-25 NKJV

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, eileenhat said:

Let me ask you a question instead.

Why do you find very few posters here?

Anywhere ...on-line?

I can say that every single Christian type post I have made anywhere on the net has 'always' gardnered attacks...no matter how trivial the context.

Why is that missmuffet?

Why the attacks and why now?

What is happening to cause their occurrence and why is it relevant for you to become aware of this state?

...hint  "spiritual warfare"

Apparently, the common denominator is you and possibly that Satan is using you to stir up dissension among believers.  I say that because there are several of us who are in agreement with each other on the importance of attending a local church.  The last thing Satan wants is for believers to be united and joined together worshipping God and praising our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

You seem to be trying to argue against that, which makes me question the spirit inside of you.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, eileenhat said:

Let me ask you a question instead.

Why do you find very few posters here?

Anywhere ...on-line?

I can say that every single Christian type post I have made anywhere on the net has 'always' gardnered attacks...no matter how trivial the context.

Why is that missmuffet?

Why the attacks and why now?

What is happening to cause their occurrence and why is it relevant for you to become aware of this state?

...hint  "spiritual warfare"

Worthy has one of the most active Christian message boards on the internet. Have you checked that out? I think that there are a number of posters who are going to attack false teachings and false doctrine on Worthy. Many of the other Christian message boards are full of false doctrine and it is allowed. Many of those who promote false teachings go to the other message boards who tolerate it. That is why many of those who come to Worthy trying to post false doctrine leave.