• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The various "gaps" in the fossil record could have various causes.  The Gap Theory (Ruin-Reconstruction Theory) is only concerned with one.  If there were multiple gaps in the fossil record, multiple extinctions, multiple explosions of new life, etc., this is outside the Biblical record and has no part in our belief in the Gospel record.  My scientific mind finds the subject interesting, but my spiritual mind has God's word, as the Holy Spirit has illuminated it to me and others, as the paradigm and all that is necessary for my salvation.

I think the gap that happened as a result of a mass extinction event, especially with the end of species of animals like the dinosaurs, serves as one of the highest evidences of a previous destruction event upon the earth long before the time of Noah. (And we know the dinosaurs did not exist in Noah's day, or they would still be here with us today.)

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The various "gaps" in the fossil record could have various causes.  The Gap Theory (Ruin-Reconstruction Theory) is only concerned with one.  If there were multiple gaps in the fossil record, multiple extinctions, multiple explosions of new life, etc., this is outside the Biblical record and has no part in our belief in the Gospel record.  My scientific mind finds the subject interesting, but my spiritual mind has God's word, as the Holy Spirit has illuminated it to me and others, as the paradigm and all that is necessary for my salvation.

There are multiple small gaps in the fossil record, but they are unlike the mass extinction gap that wiped out the time of dinosaurs. This is why some YEC extremists go around trying to prove that dinosaurs still exist today, because they know that mass extinction of the dinosaurs immediately suggests a much older earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

6 hours ago, siegi91 said:

Please indulge my ignorance about Christianity tenets. Still trying to learn.

No worries.

I have a question: is that really true that Christianity, or the Bible, entails that the moon does not reflect the light of the sun? From you post, it seems to be the case. 

I wouldn't characterize it as a 'Tenet' of Christianity but God clearly implies that it's the case.

Moreover ---and as mentioned previously, It's also a known fact that it is impossible for a Convex Object (The Moon "allegedly") to uniformly reflect light equally in all directions (i.e., to have any angle of incidence), only FLAT or concave surfaces can do so.  If a surface is convex, then every ray of light points in a direct line perpendicular to the surface resulting in ZERO Reflection!

If this is the case: does it mean that the moon emits its own light?

Yes.

There has also been many TESTS that show that the properties of Moonlight are quite different from Sunlight; e.g., Moonlight is COLD. Temperatures taken of objects in Moonlight are Colder than Moon-Shade.

regards

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

Moreover ---and as mentioned previously, It's also a known fact that it is impossible for a Convex Object (The Moon "allegedly") to uniformly reflect light equally in all directions (i.e., to have any angle of incidence), only FLAT or concave surfaces can do so.  If a surface is convex, then every ray of light points in a direct line perpendicular to the surface resulting in ZERO Reflection!

Interesting. I have a spherical white vase in my room. How can I possibly see it?

:) siegi :)

25 minutes ago, siegi91 said:

Interesting. I have a spherical white vase in my room. How can I possibly see it?

:) siegi :)

Ahhh, just because you can 'SEE' something...i.e., it's Illuminated, doesn't = it can uniformly reflect light 240,000 miles LOL.

Try this, Take a Baseball or a Basketball (Convex/Spherical Object) and place it 5 yards in front of you then blast them with 5 Gazillion Watts worth of Stadium Lights.  Place Photon Detectors in a 180 degree arc behind the lights and tell me how many Photon Hits you get...?  :laugh:

regards

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Content Per Day:  1.19

39 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

Ahhh, just because you can 'SEE' something...i.e., it's Illuminated, doesn't = it can uniformly reflect light 240,000 miles LOL.

Try this, Take a Baseball or a Basketball (Convex/Spherical Object) and place it 5 yards in front of you then blast them with 5 Gazillion Watts worth of Stadium Lights.  Place Photon Detectors in a 180 degree arc behind the lights and tell me how many Photon Hits you get...?  :laugh:

regards

Mmh, ok. Let's then stay at planetary distances.

I saw once a picture of the earth taken from the moon. It looked quite brilliant. I make the safe assumption that the earth is neither concave nor flat, and that that picture was not a forgery. Pictures of the earth from satellites also do not seem so dark, which we would expect if spherical surfaces do not reflect any light.

Do you think the earth is emitting its own light? And by the way, how does it work with lunar eclipses? Does the moon suddenly turns off its internal light source in such a predictive way that we can always anticipate it? And why does the moon goes from being full, half full, dark, and back again? Does this internal light oscillates in different parts of its surface?

Sorry, for the inquiry, but if the moon really emits its own light, I would like to know. For starters, it would be interesting to know that there is not such a thing as the dark side of the moon.

Edited by siegi91

2 hours ago, siegi91 said:

Mmh, ok. Let's then stay at planetary distances.

Begging The Question Fallacy x 2:  Planets and Distances

I saw once a picture of the earth taken from the moon. It looked quite brilliant. I make the safe assumption that the earth is neither concave nor flat, and that that picture was not a forgery.

This one...

Apollo 8.PNG

or another?

If it's another, obtain the Original File (Pic) then drop it here for evaluation: http://regex.info/exif.cgi

How do you know it's not CGI ??  How about this pic, from MARS...

Life on Mars.jpg

https://www.nasa.gov/images/content/694114main_Watkins-2-pia16204_full.jpg

Is this Good-To-Go ??  

Is it still a 'Safe Assumption' ??

Pictures of the earth from satellites

Satellites??  

The 'Story' is that most are in the Thermosphere where Temps can reach North of 2000 C.

Post the materials these 'satellites' are made of and their respective melting points...?

Another minor point ;):  How are you still breathing??

We are 'told' that the Earth's atmosphere and the Vacuum of Space occupy the same system, simultaneously.  Of course, they must have missed the class on the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (Laws of Entropy) that state diffusion of solute particles and partial pressures of gasses ALWAYS flow down a Concentration Gradient until Equilibrium is reached, Hard Stop!

Well, the Vacuum of Space is 'allegedly' ---according to the 'story'... 10-17 Torr. ( http://www.orbitec.com/documents/Orbitec_Vacuum_Reference.pdf )

So what is preventing the Equilibrium [ ] and Falsifying the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics ('Pillar of Science') ?? :rolleyes:

Also, and this is quite Mind Numbing...how can you have a Gas Pressure(s) (our atmosphere as we're told) without a Container, when the definition of Gas Pressure is...

"The *PRESSURE OF A GAS* is the force that the gas exerts *on the walls of its container.*

Do you think the earth is emitting its own light?

I don't know.

And by the way, how does it work with lunar eclipses? Does the moon suddenly turns off its internal light source in such a predictive way that we can always anticipate it?

I think the better question is: How in the World can you have Lunar Eclipses with both the Sun and Moon above the Horizon ??

"As early as the time of Pliny, there are records of lunar eclipses happening while both the Sun and Moon are visible in the sky. The Greenwich Royal Observatory recorded that “during the lunar eclipses of July 17th, 1590, November 3rd, 1648, June 16th, 1666, and May 26th, 1668 the moon rose eclipsed whilst the sun was still above the horizon.” McCulluch’s Geography recorded that “on September 20th, 1717 and April 20th, 1837 the moon appeared to rise eclipsed before the sun had set.”

Sir Henry Holland also noted in his “Recollections of Past Life” the April 20th, 1837 phenomena where “the moon rose eclipsed before the sun set.” The Daily Telegraph recorded it happening again on January 17th, 1870, then again in July of the same year, and it continues to happen during lunar eclipses to this day."

https://aplanetruth.info/2015/10/23/how-do-eclipses-occur-when-sun-and-moon-are-overhead/

And the Babylonians were 'predicting' Lunar Eclipses in 800 BC.

And why does the moon goes from being full, half full, dark, and back again? Does this internal light oscillates in different parts of its surface?

I don't know.

For starters, it would be interesting to know that there is not such a thing as the dark side of the moon.

You think it would put a damper on Pink Floyd CD sales?  By the way...Which ones Pink? ;)

regards

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

21 hours ago, Salty said:

A mass extinction of three quarters of all plant and animal life in a short period definitely serves as a gap in the fossil record.

Its a reduction of species. But there is no sign of a sudden change in species.  ie the small furtive mammals before the K-T boundary still existed after the K-T boundary. What gap?   There is absolutely no sign that there was a new creation of species. Just because a disaster hit earth, does not mean creation week occurred then.   It's very shaky evidence that "gap" theorists have for their theory. Neither the biblical evidence nor the geological evidence points to two separate groups of biological life separated by an empty gap.

7 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

Its a reduction of species. But there is no sign of a sudden change in species.  ie the small furtive mammals before the K-T boundary still existed after the K-T boundary. What gap?   There is absolutely no sign that there was a new creation of species. Just because a disaster hit earth, does not mean creation week occurred then.   It's very shaky evidence that "gap" theorists have for their theory. Neither the biblical evidence nor the geological evidence points to two separate groups of biological life separated by an empty gap.

The total destruction of species larger than 55 lbs., a mass extinction event of those to never live again (like dinosaurs), and that's not about a gap in the fossil record? We have the proof of their existence with their skeletal remains. And yes, newer species did spring up suddenly after that per the fossil record. Large groups of species of dinosaurs that were robust creations hard to destroy with them all of a sudden gone is why scientists use that idea of a 'mass extinction' event! Then with newer species after that does present a 'GAP' in the fossil record. A mass extinction event = a gap in the fossil record.

And like I said before, if the dinosaurs were created in this present world with Adam, then at least some of them should still be walking around today, since God told Noah to take two of all living creatures aboard the ark, which is what we have today, unless of course you don't believe that flood event with Noah actually happened as written. Or maybe you think God made the dinosaurs extinct by causing them to miss the boat, so to speak?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

7 hours ago, Salty said:

The total destruction of species larger than 55 lbs., a mass extinction event of those to never live again (like dinosaurs), and that's not about a gap in the fossil record? We have the proof of their existence with their skeletal remains. And yes, newer species did spring up suddenly after that per the fossil record. Large groups of species of dinosaurs that were robust creations hard to destroy with them all of a sudden gone is why scientists use that idea of a 'mass extinction' event! Then with newer species after that does present a 'GAP' in the fossil record. A mass extinction event = a gap in the fossil record.

And like I said before, if the dinosaurs were created in this present world with Adam, then at least some of them should still be walking around today, since God told Noah to take two of all living creatures aboard the ark, which is what we have today, unless of course you don't believe that flood event with Noah actually happened as written. Or maybe you think God made the dinosaurs extinct by causing them to miss the boat, so to speak?

I don't think so dinosaurs were just larger versions of what we have today. Some people lived close to a thousand most likely animals enjoyed simular longivety. I'm also pretty sure the world was a lot more lush for a lot they same reason I think the movie Jurrasic Park is impossibly. How much do you think a T Rex eats?

There is also a problem with cumulative mutations. Following the flood the genomes must have been prestige, now a lot less variety.

Edited by thilipsis