• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I hear what you all are saying about complete surrender. The world teaches you to pull your self up by the bootstaps and be a self made man or women. We spend the 1rst quatrer of or life getting prepared to do for ourselves by means of an education. This is why "letting go and letting God" isn't that easy. I believe it is something we have to learn to do. It isn't an all at once thing. If it was. Only a tiny fraction of people if any would be saved. Even the best Christians I know still struggle with their will going against

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

At 39 (tomorrow!)

So what ya sayin....Your OLD? :emot-handshake: You better not be. My point is that after thirtytwelve (sounds better than 42 dosen't it)years, I've come to the conclusion that turning your life over to god is a process. If you are completely yielded 100% than you would never sin because God would never will for you to sin. Its called growing in the Lord. You should be sinning less and less if your are learning to yield.

Anyways,

God Bless

Dan

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

God doesn't will for us to sin. Take a look at the Book of 1 John, the process is ALL there in regard to sin:

In His Love,

Suzanne

OK!! This subject is interesting to me so I have to ask an answer to a question that we all already know the answer to. Do you ever sin? Yes you do? Do you sin because you are completely yielded to God? No you don't. Therefore like me and 6 billion other sinful souls on this planet you sin so this means you are NOT completely surrendered to God. No one is. The problem with thinking you are is that the Bible clearly teaches that he who believes he is without sin, decieves himself. Complete is a word that is not ambigous at all. Please don't take this personal guys but you are not completely surrenderd to Christ. This doesen't mean you aren't good Christians and God loving people. The only person who has ever been surrendered like that was Christ himself. I'm not saying you or I should sin, but we do. Perhaps I am not understanding exactly what your are trying to say. Please define the degree of surrender you speak of. Are you without sin?

This is a very worth while discussion so please don't take offence to my challenge.

I ,like you wan't to know more about truth and I learn from the debate.

God Bless

Dan

OK!! This subject is interesting to me so I have to ask an answer to a question that we all already know the answer to. Do you ever sin? Yes you do? Do you sin because you are completely yielded to God? No you don't. Therefore like me and 6 billion other sinful souls on this planet you sin so this means you are NOT completely surrendered to God. No one is. The problem with thinking you are is that the Bible clearly teaches that he who believes he is without sin, decieves himself. Complete is a word that is not ambigous at all. Please don't take this personal guys but you are not completely surrenderd to Christ. This doesen't mean you aren't good Christians and God loving people. The only person who has ever been surrendered like that was Christ himself. I'm not saying you or I should sin, but we do. Perhaps I am not understanding exactly what your are trying to say. Please define the degree of surrender you speak of. Are you without sin?

This is a very worth while discussion so please don't take offence to my challenge.

I ,like you wan't to know more about truth and I learn from the debate.

God Bless

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Dan, we DO sin. But, I also believe that there is a distinction between unintentional sin (impulsive), and sin lifestyles (ongoing). I would ask though, did you happen to look into 1 John at all? How about just the chapters 1-2??? What did you take away from them? Let's discuss it. What do you say? Let me know. Also, I'll try to come back to your post above, in more detail, but I just can't right now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the time. Or later tonight. If you'll do me the favor of looking over the first part of 1st John too?

In His Love,

Suzanne

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our live.

I confess. I'm very ill.(very) Neurological disorder. Lots of meds. I don't need pity because it won't help. I just wan't answers before I go. When you have cronic pain you tend to lose patients(virtue). I am very testy and I don't really want to be but it is a sin that I repeat. My thoughts get cloudy abouy God these days. Perhaps I have become unsaved?

Dan

Or are you just making a statement in general about the ongoing sin of testiness?

I dont always feel saved because I lack patients. Its hard to be patient after 4 years of this illness and its not easy to rattle on about what this illness does because I'll sound like a crying GIrly Man and I hate that. Im not really mad at you. I'm sure you are a very fine and decent person. Heres, the thing...your threads sound like one must be a way better Christian or person than I am to be saved. So it makes me feel further from God. Perhaps your right. Maybe God just can't accept me the way I am and I am powerless to be anything other than what I am. I am glad that you "endure" and that you have no repetative sin in your life. I admire you. I have with a honest heart taken a hard looked at myself and found myself short of God's standard and I have begged Christ to come in my life and fix things.(many many times) Thats all I know to do. But Im not at the spiritual level you speak of. I am glad you have peace.

Peace to you

Dan

Dear Dan,

I notice that you do not say that you "are" in the Word. You never seem to address that, even though I keep asking you about it?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dan,

Has it occurred to you that maybe you "feel" further from God, because you are? I say this because of my question above. Are you spending time with Him Dan?

your threads sound like one must be a way better Christian or person than I am to be saved. So it makes me feel further from God.

You don't have to feel that way. It may be that the Holy Spirit is speaking to you about it??? I mean, it is not too hard Dan, it is very near you, and not beyond reach.

In His Love,

Suzanne