• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, BacKaran said:

I agree that we disagree.

"that the Church of Christ could be looking at in order to bring some much needed unification"

I left the rcc and in my own family there was so much sarcasm, guilt and shame thrown at us young children, we were a dysfunctional family that didn't have to be.

As a born again Christian, I have no issues,  no horrible confrontations when talking and examining and praising God word with other born again Christians, we are all on the same page, I found this not to be so with Roman Catholics.

I'm more unified with my beliefs in Christ & the bible than I'd ever been as rc. 

I don't know any rc who can spend the day with me just talking about God, my dad's gets upset if pray for him cuz I "don't pray catholic", really? Anyone who would turn down heartfelt prayers to be said is very lost.

I'm not a protestant either, I'm a straight bible believing sinner in need of a Savior.

I know we are worlds apart but I will continue to pray for those in the rcc s well as those in this forum.

Blessings

Karan.?

i understand what you are saying.  Many who become Catholics, converts, say the same about their past in non-catholic religions.  It can go both ways.  My experience is not yours ;-), and I am happy that you have found a good place to love and worship the Lord.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Senior Member

16 hours ago, Davida said:

You didn't like my response to you Mark?  that you started your own thread on the exact same topic?

What response, I did not post on that thread, or have not gotten to your response yet.  Your responses don't bother me, you are very clear and honest on where you stand, I like that, even if I hardly agree with you on anything ;-).....except for the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Peace
mark

16 hours ago, Davida said:

Yes we must continue to pray for those lost in the Rcc doctrines, praying the Holy Spirit will show them thru a Bible, and that they drop the Catholic one.  

It seems the ones drawn into  the ecumenical movement are not Biblically literate, they don't realize it is the born again believers  that follow the word of God in Christ that are to unify as "brethren " not the born again believers to unify with the lost, or  with all other religions, and  not the wheat with the tares, or heretics etc. 

Now I got it LOL....see, a clear, hones response that I don't agree with, but you is you. 

Peace
Mark

14 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Are not Catholics who believe in Christian born again believers?  Any one who believes in Christ has become born of the spirit. That could be someone in a calvary Chapel church or a Methodist Church or any other. We should have unity if possible without losing sight that Christmas is head over all. Not any man.

Yes of course you are right, but be at peace that 'some' will not agree.......I can't be convinced by what those who have another perspective say to me, it goes both ways ;-).  In the end, even if some don't agree, we are all united with Christ Jesus, if some make 'rash' judgements about that, it means nothing actually.  We are told not to judge others at that depth because none of us sees deep enough into the human heart to do that.  It is what we humans do, judge and condemn those who think differently.  I struggle with that and from the pain I have experienced from the past by that kind of judgment has taught me to not do that with others.....though I have failed from time to time.

Peace
Mark

15 minutes ago, Davida said:

The Pope gives subtle attacks to the Bible's credibility and says it is not current to speak to this day and age and present culture - what garbage. He attacks the Word of God and the words of the Lord Jesus Christ .  No one with the Holy Spirit in them would do that, no true follower of the Lord Jesus Christ  would think themselves equal to the Son of God that they would say new Beatitudes needed to be added for the modern world and that the Pope is just the man to do it.  That is what the RCC teaches their people that the BIBLE is and archaic document and that the RCC through the Pope can add "Christian" teachings and interpret it.  It is the same OLD trick of the SERPENT to twist what GOD has spoken and manipulate people to follow the SERPENT's words instead!

Matthew 7:14- 16 " But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it. 15Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?…

The very fact that you opened the exact same thread that I started speaks volumes, it is the similar tactic.

Well, ok, if you believe that my friend.  He added nothing, if you can show that please explain.  He is a holy man who loves Jesus Christ with his whole heart, if you don't believe that, so what ;-) ?   I like your passion for the Lord and it is actually helping me to deepen my own.  Scripture read in a prayerful manner is my main source.

Here are some quotes from this evil Pope:

I believe in God - not in a Catholic God; there is no Catholic God. There is God, and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being.

The love of God is not something vague or generic; the love of God has a name and a face: Jesus Christ.

True peace is not a balance of opposing forces, and it is not ‘a lovely façade’ simply covering conflicts and divisions. Rather, peace calls for daily commitment -- it's homemade -- starting from God's gift, from the grace which he has given us in Jesus Christ.

15 minutes ago, Davida said:

And what type of "Lordship" is that,  one that allows a man to add to HIS words?  or allows the Pope to be His spokes person - ie.  human interpreter for GOD on earth? The RCC claims the Pope to be the ruling Vicar on earth & the Pope  is the supreme earthly head of her.  The RCC only gives the pretense of submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Actually Davida you make yourself the spokesperson on earth.  Each Christian (good ones) who believe the way you do make your take on scriptures the only one, so we have chaos.  The pope is much more humble and again, he is doing nothing wrong.  Of course you don't agree.  If you ever do agree, I will probably have to go to the ER, the surprise would be too much for me.  In any case, thank you for your clarity and child like transparency.

Peace
mark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, markdohle said:

Yes of course you are right, but be at peace that 'some' will not agree.......I can't be convinced by what those who have another perspective say to me, it goes both ways ;-).  In the end, even if some don't agree, we are all united with Christ Jesus, if some make 'rash' judgements about that, it means nothing actually.  We are told not to judge others at that depth because none of us sees deep enough into the human heart to do that.  It is what we humans do, judge and condemn those who think differently.  I struggle with that and from the pain I have experienced from the past by that kind of judgment has taught me to not do that with others.....though I have failed from time to time.

Peace
Mark

I agree with you Mark. But we know the Lord holds everyone  accountable for what they say. Words can cause someone to stumble. But I know people can be blind and think they are doing righteousness. Thank you my Catholic brother in christ.

Guest BacKaran

Mike Gendron is thee most humblest man, he reminds me of my hubby.

Mike and his wife are doing a great work witnessing to those in the rcc with Truth.

And yes, the pope is a stumbling block as 1 billion rccers think they are on the road to heaven.

Jesus talks about the Madrid road... Think narrow and small remnant like Noah. 8 saved out of the whole world, that is cause to make one question the rcc.

Does anyone here have the CCC besides me?  Just wondering as my folks had no idea there was a book they were to know about.. Oh but then they just needed to listen to the priest, no need for them to think or research on their own....

3 hours ago, Davida said:

WOW!  quite ridiculous the accusation from you mark  - did the RCC send you?  LOL!! 

I am no spokesperson -- I hold up the Bible--PERIOD.  I have nothing to add to the Words of Jesus.  unlike the Pope.

Lots of people hold up the bible period, yet disagree often aggressively my friend.

3 hours ago, Davida said:

It is written:

Mathew 18:3 "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Amen!