• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Its easy, the true believers and followers of Jesus Christ, with the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Spirit which the Father sent, as Jesus said He would.

John 14:26, But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring ALL THINGS TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE, WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID.

2 Tim.  4:13, The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

And you're dodging the question, so I will make it as simple as I can:

WHO compiled your canon of Scripture?
WHO declared the 66 Books you adhere to as Scripture canonical?
WHO told you that there were only 66 Books in the Canon of Scripture?

I can tell you right here and now who compiled and declared the Canon of Scripture for the Catholic Church.
Why can't YOU guys tell me who compiled and declared yours??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Oi vey......Brother SObG!!!!      Really?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I would be interested in what a reply this post would bring?

When a person doesn't have an answer, they usually like to ask a question to divert attention away from their lack of knowledge.  That's been my observation.  I've had RealPresence on Ignore since he had 5 replies. 

You, Kwik, BacKaran and others deserve a reward for your endurance.

8 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I would be interested in what a reply this post would bring?

I am more than willing to answer your questions - but you need to answer mine first because I asked you first.
That's only fair . . .

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

When a person doesn't have an answer, they usually like to ask a question to divert attention away from their lack of knowledge.  That's been my observation.  I've had RealPresence on Ignore since he had 5 replies. 

You, Kwik, BacKaran and others deserve a reward for your endurance.

You have me on ignore because you can't answer my question.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

I can tell you right here and now who compiled and declared the Canon of Scripture for the Catholic Church.

The apostles with the help of the Holy Spirit,

2 Peter 3:15-16, And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

V. 16, As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Col. 4:16, And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1 Thess. 5: 27, I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

24 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

What do you want to hear RP,that in 367 AD Anathasius provided vthe list of 66Books...is that what you want to hear & then you will insist that he was a priest blah blah blah blah?As I said,,,we have been over this many times.....No churcg created thev canon my friend,,,they were accepted eventually by councils,churches & many BElievers as the Inspired God Breathed Word......will it make you happy to go on believing the rcc is the source of everything,then believe what you will,,,,,thee is so much more to the canonization of Gods Word which lead up to the public distribution & printing in English than what I have the inspiration to do here because you want to debate something we are just so tired of

It seems to me that you have come here with your defenses up(imo from reading your posts) ,ready to do battle for catholicism........you can debate by yourself ,I'm not interested

And you keep dodging the question.
I'm not talking about the Catholic Church.  I'm asking YOU who compiled, approved and declared YOUR canon of Scripture.

If you cannot answer the question, just admit that you can't and I won't ask it anymore.

It shouldn't be this difficult for you guys . . .

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The apostles with the help of the Holy Spirit,

2 Peter 3:15-16, And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

V. 16, As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Col. 4:16, And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1 Thess. 5: 27, I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

That is false.

The Apostles NEVER came up with a Canon of Scripture because ALL of them except for John were dead before the last Book (Revelation) was written.  Besides, Books like the Shepherd of Hermas, the Epistle of Barnabas, the Epistle of Clement and others were considered Scripture before the 4th century and were real aloud in mass up to that time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings HAZARD

God Bless you for your patience ,I'm so finished here....................Love,Kwik

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, RealPresence said:
1 minute ago, RealPresence said:

That is false.

The Apostles NEVER came up with a Canon of Scripture because ALL of them except for John were dead before the last Book (Revelation) was written.  Besides, Books like the Shepherd of Hermas, the Epistle of Barnabas, the Epistle of Clement and others were considered Scripture before the 4th century and were real aloud in mass up to that time.

New Testament book was truly inspired by the Holy Spirit. The authors were the apostles, not just one of them, or had a close connection with an apostle?  The book was accepted by the body of Christ at large?  The book contained consistency of doctrine and orthodox teaching? The book bore evidence of high moral and spiritual values that would reflect a work of the Holy Spirit? It is crucial to remember that the church did not determine the canon. No early church council decided on the canon. It was God, and God alone, who determined which books belonged in the Bible. It was simply a matter of God’s imparting to His followers, through the Holy Spirit what He had already decided. The human process of collecting the books of the Bible was flawed, but God, in His sovereignty, and despite our ignorance and stubbornness, brought the early church to the recognition of the books He had inspired.