• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

New Testament book was truly inspired by the Holy Spirit. The authors were the apostles, not just one of them, or had a close connection with an apostle?  The book was accepted by the body of Christ at large?  The book contained consistency of doctrine and orthodox teaching? The book bore evidence of high moral and spiritual values that would reflect a work of the Holy Spirit? It is crucial to remember that the church did not determine the canon. No early church council decided on the canon. It was God, and God alone, who determined which books belonged in the Bible. It was simply a matter of God’s imparting to His followers, through the Holy Spirit what He had already decided. The human process of collecting the books of the Bible was flawed, but God, in His sovereignty, and despite our ignorance and stubbornness, brought the early church to the recognition of the books He had inspired.

I couldn't agree with you more.  The Holy Spirit decided on the books - but that's a given.

WHO compiled the books?
There were MANY books that were on the list and had too be sifted out over the centuries.

WHO declared your canon of Scripture?
Somebody had to decide on which books to include when Bibles were being handwritten and eventually printed on presses.

Yes, the Holy Spirit decided - but WHO had the AUTHORITY to declare the canon to the world?

Edited by RealPresence

10 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings HAZARD

God Bless you for your patience ,I'm so finished here....................Love,Kwik

If you don't have answers - you can't blame me for that . . .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

New Testament book was truly inspired by the Holy Spirit. The authors were the apostles, not just one of them, or had a close connection with an apostle?  The book was accepted by the body of Christ at large?  The book contained consistency of doctrine and orthodox teaching? The book bore evidence of high moral and spiritual values that would reflect a work of the Holy Spirit? It is crucial to remember that the church did not determine the canon. No early church council decided on the canon. It was God, and God alone, who determined which books belonged in the Bible. It was simply a matter of God’s imparting to His followers, through the Holy Spirit what He had already decided. The human process of collecting the books of the Bible was flawed, but God, in His sovereignty, and despite our ignorance and stubbornness, brought the early church to the recognition of the books He had inspired.

I believe all the books the RCC added to the Bible are in the OT.  These were books the Jewish people held to a lower standard than the books we as Christians accept as the OT.  By adding to the OT, the RCC tried to make a case for Purgatory so as to make their followers more dependent upon the RCC Clergy, physically and financially.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Jesus Christ is the Son of God  did not perform exorcisms , he cast out devils by His own authority. He has been given all authority in heaven and earth, even the spirits must obey HIM. The disciples cast out demons in Jesus name by HIS authority & no one can cast out a demon in the name of Mary btw.

And the Catholic Church doesn't cast out demons by Mary's authority.  Who told you that lie??
You're dancing around the issue.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Where is your non biased info coming fromthe,  rcc?

Refure to the Yellow Pages of your phone book and go to "Churches". When you do, count and see how may different Protestant/non-Denominational/ churches there are in your town/city alone. And thats not counting the ones that hold thier services in a school gym/garage/barn/ect. ect. that are not even listed. After you have done that BacKaran, multiply that with all the cities/ towns/villages throughout the globe.

Do a search on the net and there are as many religions of the rcc as you claim of other churches.

It is up to you to back up your claim with proof, not ours. And seeing you didn't, you are letting the world know that you cannot. tisk....tisk!

The rcc is different at every single church, always arguing or deleting to what they tell the people. . This church accepts homos this one doesn't, this one teaches all about Marian prayers, this one focuses on the station's of the cross etc etc .

First off, it sounds as if you may have a serious case of homophobia. I also wonder if the rest of the non-Catholic community here on Worthy condones your use of the term..."Homos"? Secondly, the Catholic Church accepts sinners of all walks of life, such as Theives, Prostitutes, Embezzlers, liars, Drug users, and yes.... even Homosexuals. However, the Catholic Church does not condone the sin of these people commit, she will, (just like Jesus didn't) not turn her back on these sinners! I find it very sad that your church/ belief system does.

Not so long ago, Pope Francis urged thousands of pilgrims gathered on St Peter’s Square this morning to recognise that we are a Church of sinners but that we must not be afraid of holiness. "Do not be afraid to aim for holiness and turn yourselves over to the love of God. Holiness does not mean performing extraordinary things but carrying out daily things in an extraordinary way – that is, with love, joy and faith," the Pope said.

Pope Francis asked in what sense could the Church be holy if we look at its 2,000 year history and its trials, problems and moments of darkness. "But how can a Church made up of human beings, of sinners, be holy?"

Referring to St Paul’s letter to the Ephesians (5: 25-26), he said that it is Christ’s love for the Church and his sacrifice that renders the Church holy. The reasons, he continues, are three-fold: firstly, the Church is faithful to God, who does not abandon it to the "powers of death and evil"; secondly, because it is "united in an everlasting way to Jesus Christ"; and thirdly because it is led by the Holy Spirit "who purifies, transforms and renews it". "We do not make the Church holy," he said. "God, the Holy Spirit, does."

The Church is not without sin because it is made up of sinners. Priests, sisters, bishops, cardinals and even Popes are sinners. Pope Francis warned us not to believe the misconception that the Church is filled only with the "pure" and that all others are to be "removed". "This is not true!" he exclaimed. "This is heresy!"

He concluded by recalling the parable of the prodigal son, reminding us that God waits for us with open arms and celebrates when we return. God wants us to be a part of a Church that opens its doors to everyone so they may find God’s tender mercy and forgiveness. "Every Christian is called to holiness." To quote Abigail Van Buren (Dear Abby) "The church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints." Sounds like something you might want to take note of BacKaran.

Some have"bible"study which is not studying at all, some focus on the patron saint the church is named after... St Albert, the saint of animals.... Really?

Again.... Hearsay, with nothing to back it up. With it...... and five dollars you could get a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

I knew everything about Albert and funny how nothing stuck except he liked animals.... What about the people, did he give any the true gospel message?

Probably because you were not listening.

I don't know...

By what I could see of your whole post....... This is the one thing you got right!

Peace

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

33 minutes ago, RealPresence said:
7 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  The Holy Spirit decided on the books - but that's a given.

WHO compiled the books?
There were MANY books that were on the list and had too be sifted out over the centuries.

Somebody had to decide on which books to include when Bibles were being handwritten and eventually printed on presses.

Yes, the Holy Spirit decided - but WHO had the AUTHORITY to declare the canon to the world?

And you're dodging the question, so I will make it as simple as I can:

WHO compiled your canon of Scripture?
WHO declared the 66 Books you adhere to as Scripture canonical?
WHO told you that there were only 66 Books in the Canon of Scripture?

I can tell you right here and now who compiled and declared the Canon of Scripture for the Catholic Church.
Why can't YOU guys tell me who compiled and declared yours??

The term “canon” is used to describe the books that are divinely inspired and therefore belong in the Bible. The difficulty in determining the biblical canon is that the Bible does not give us a list of the books that belong in the Bible. Determining the canon was a process conducted first by Jewish rabbis and scholars and later by early Christians. Ultimately, it was God who decided what books belonged in the biblical canon. A book of Scripture belonged in the canon from the moment God inspired its writing. It was simply a matter of God’s convincing His human followers which books should be included in the Bible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:
39 minutes ago, RealPresence said:
11 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

WHO compiled the books?

And you're dodging the question, so I will make it as simple as I can:

WHO compiled your canon of Scripture?
WHO declared the 66 Books you adhere to as Scripture canonical?
WHO told you that there were only 66 Books in the Canon of Scripture?

I can tell you right here and now who compiled and declared the Canon of Scripture for the Catholic Church.
Why can't YOU guys tell me who compiled and declared yours??

The term “canon” is used to describe the books that are divinely inspired and therefore belong in the Bible. The difficulty in determining the biblical canon is that the Bible does not give us a list of the books that belong in the Bible. Determining the canon was a process conducted first by Jewish rabbis and scholars and later by early Christians. Ultimately, it was God who decided what books belonged in the biblical canon. A book of Scripture belonged in the canon from the moment God inspired its writing. It was simply a matter of God’s convincing His human followers which books should be included in the Bible.

Okay, the whole point of this discourse is to get some one to say the Roman Catholic Church compiled the Bible------- but that is just word play-- all of the scripture existed and was already recognized as Gods word, now, at a certain point church leaders seemed to say we have to finalize this and they  decideded on the 66 books ( of course God had is hand over the whole preceding)-- but to say the Roman Catholic Church created the Bible is complete nonsense, because those early church fathers where not part of the Political Catholic monster--- what they where eventually morphed into the Roman Catholic Church but they were no relation to what today professes to be the Only Church

36 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

You have me on ignore because you can't answer my question.

What did I tell ya R.P.    They can't so........ on "ignore"  you go!  

15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The term “canon” is used to describe the books that are divinely inspired and therefore belong in the Bible. The difficulty in determining the biblical canon is that the Bible does not give us a list of the books that belong in the Bible.

So much for your Sola Scriptura (the bible alone) Theory. Oops!    Thanks for clearing that up for us Hazard!

Peace

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

What did I tell ya R.P.    They can't so........ on "ignore"  you go!  

We did, but sadly your eyes have been blinded.

My local priest once asked a friend of mine, "are you a Catholic? My friend replied, "no." The priest answered, "O'h well, never mind." Another once said, "Give me a child to age 10, and I will give you a Catholic for life. I thank God they got that wrong.

John 12:40. He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.