• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

So he's not Trump, nor Putin, nor anyone who you could say controls the EU.

The person is not in power yet.   And before he comes to power, the EU has to change it's government to be ruled by ten kings (leaders) instead of what they have now.

43 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Laugh out loud all you want.  Eschatology is too often the playground for fools and crackpots.  To look at end-time prophecy is very difficult, and not for beginners.

Marcus, I am 68 years old and have studied end times bible prophecy for over 45 years.   I am an expert on the subject, not a beginner.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, douggg said:

In Daniel 11, the person is not said in the text to be the King of the West, the North, the East, or the South.    But is referred to as "he" and "him".

No, the King of the North is specifically mentioned in verses 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 15 - in a near-term prophecy concerning a generational war between the Seleucids and Ptolemies which culminates with Antiochus IV Epiphanes - who then serves as the lens of dual focus - shifting the narrative to the far-term end-time prophecy concerning a yet unknown King of the North as described in verse 40 - and all references to "he" or "him" stand for the KING OF THE NORTH.

5 minutes ago, douggg said:

The person is not in power yet.   And before he comes to power, the EU has to change it's government to be ruled by ten kings (leaders) instead of what they have now.

Nonsense.  They are ruled by a twelve-member "BODY" now - which is why the "body" of the fourth terrible beast is labeled after the leopard.

The northern half of the Northern Hemisphere includes three great nations now: America, Russian, and the EU.

Canada is not a great nation, nor is it powerful.  It will be caught up in all the rest though...

Neither Trump, who WILL BE the King of America shortly - thank God - Putin, who IS the King of Russia right now - nor anyone who you could name from the capital of the EU in Brussels as "heading" the EU - are the future anti-Christ according to Daniel 7:17.

6 minutes ago, douggg said:

Marcus, I am 68 years old and have studied end times bible prophecy for over 45 years.   I am an expert on the subject, not a beginner.

Nor it is to be played with lightly even by old men.

1 minute ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

No, the King of the North is specifically mentioned in verses 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 15 - in a near-term prophecy concerning a generational war between the Seleucids and Ptolemies which culminates with Antiochus IV Epiphanes - who then serves as the lens of dual focus - shifting the narrative to the far-term end-time prophecy concerning a yet unknown King of the North as described in verse 40 - and all references to "he" or "him" stand for the KING OF THE NORTH.

1 minute ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Daniel 11 transitions to the end times in verse 35.    The kings before verse 35 belong to history.     The person in verse 36 is simply called "the king".    All subsequent verses refer to the person as he" and  "him".

11:36   And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Just now, douggg said:

Daniel 11 transitions to the end times in verse 35.    The kings before verse 35 belong to history.     The person in verse 36 is simply called "the king".    All subsequent verses refer to the person as he" and  "him".

11:36   And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

And he's still the King of the North in verse 40!

2 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Nor it is to be played with lightly even by old men.

Marcus, I am an expert on the subject.

Just now, douggg said:

Marcus, I am an expert on the subject.

Yes, I can read you telling yourself that.

I am done sword-fighting for today.

This is not productive.

I am going to do something productive: I will work on my book on eschatology: the Sequence of Events in End-Time Prophecy.