IGNORED

Maybe some Protestants/Non-Catholics can answer......

Hoddie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

2 minutes ago, Fran C said:

LOL

How'd you do that???

The Protestant Pope!

Fran

Next time you're in the Vatican, get a close up look

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

8 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

Next time you're in the Vatican, get a close up look

Hey.  Hope I don't upset anybody here, but the Pope is becoming a little bit protestant... Much less legalistic than the others.  He's very much for "pastoring" instead of laying down the law.  He's not a theologian but a pastor.

Fran

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

3 minutes ago, Fran C said:

Hey.  Hope I don't upset anybody here, but the Pope is becoming a little bit protestant... Much less legalistic than the others.  He's very much for "pastoring" instead of laying down the law.  He's not a theologian but a pastor.

Fran

He sees the money Copeland's making, and he wants in, enough to make Copeland vice-Pope.

2 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

He sees the money Copeland's making, and he wants in, enough to make Copeland vice-Pope.

:laugh:

Edited by Fran C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

7 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

Using money improperly is very dangerous.

Matthew 19:24; Mark 10:25; Luke 18:25

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Luke 12:13-21

Then one from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?” And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”

Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’

“So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Using money improperly is very dangerous.

Matthew 19:24; Mark 10:25; Luke 18:25

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Luke 12:13-21

Then one from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?” And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”

Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’

“So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

Hi OneLight,

He could speak for himself, but I think White Rabbit was just kidding!

§We know that the love of money is the root of all evil.  Or pretty darn close to it!

Fran

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Fran C said:

Hi OneLight,

He could speak for himself, but I think White Rabbit was just kidding!

§We know that the love of money is the root of all evil.  Or pretty darn close to it!

Fran

I realize that he was poking fun at both the pope and Copeland.  Still, some would argue that the money is used for Gods work.  I highly doubt it since it is their net worth, which is what I was speaking to.   Having about 1.5 billion in personal assets places Copeland as an elephant more than a camel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, Yowm said:

I can give you ten links supporting the other view and so?

I have not read anything in Scripture that says the gift of tongues will pass.

Temporary? Yes, they will pass on that Day we shall see Him.

For the Jew? Yes, there are still many Jews still needing salvation and tongues is a sign.

All I ask for is clear Scripture...not Scripture twisting... from either side.

I am not Scripture twisting. The bible is very abundantly clear on the subject.

Don't be like the charismatics who believe you should put the bible down and ignore the lessons of our elders and the early fathers and trust only in person experience which has no basis in biblical fact.

5 hours ago, Fran C said:

Fran

He is neither. Francis doesn't know his bible from a hole in the wall. He may well be the false prophet of Revelation.

23 hours ago, Fran C said:

Hi Matrix,

I don't speak in tongues, unless you count Italian a tongue.

I know this though, the gifts were meant to be for all time, or for never.  I can understand that tongues was necessary back then to spread the gospel message.  In one part of Acts, it says that everyone started to speak in other languages.  Acts 2:4

In Acts 10:44 the gift had also been given to the uncircumcised believers (gentiles), so the gift is for everyone just as the New Covenant is for everyone.

In 1 Corinthians 13:8 we read that the gifts shall cease but this is when the perfect comes - IOW, in the New Earth or in Heaven.

Fran

People often do have a problem understanding 1 Cor 13:8 but when you look at WHY the gift was needed, and the fact that it DID disappear after the first century (the claims that some churches have made over the centuries about supposedly speaking in tongues were either outright lies or demonism) only sows the real truth; the gift no longer legitimately exists.