IGNORED

curious how the Lord leads or directs you and what sort of things he has you do?

For me many years ago it started with I guess best I can describe it a push or need to do or say something to someone at times I didn't want to and worried about looking foolish didn't do it sometimes the feeling went away other times not until I did it.

Time went on and at times I heard that little voice or thought I did but not often but I started stepping out and doing One day  years ago we had been shopping and turn into a park a bit up the road  I was directed farther along until we see a man across a strip of grass maybe 50/60 foot away who was sitting alone  "tell him God loves him" I said nope ,don't want to , I can't do that ,I don't know him ,he looks pretty weird etc  we go back and forth awhile and I was told to tell him what happened so I finally agree to do it.    so I get out walk over to him say hi  until I get his attention he is just staring at the ground very depressed looking.     I tell the guy "this is going to sound crazy but as I was going down the highway I hear this voice telling me to pull in this park ,walk over and tell you that God loves you " he gets a funny look on his face says he believes me said he was waiting for something , tells me to do it .  So I do and he smile Then he started talking about his problems  and his life how he felt worthless his mom prayed about himthe Lord may tell me to do something simple like tell the guy in the  store "he is a blessing to me "That he's  always friendly and without asking asks if You need help finding items or bigger items.

Edited by Guest
Add

Guest bonnieschamberger

thats how it happens for me too...and at first it feels so natural like its my idea but then when it all comes together or in the middle of it...I realize its God ...its like this warm glow goes over me and my inside smile moves to my face and I just kinda start laughing at Him..its getting to where its happening with many things all throughout the day but I love it

Guest BacKaran

I've had intuition but it's really the Holy Spirit guiding me....

In the middle of a party, I call on an elderly aunt just to say hi. Little did I know that she had fallen and needed me to call 911.....

I prayed for my brother, hadn't seen him for a while and said God, just let me know he's OK". I'm driving the long long way home and at a stoplight... There goes my brother riding his bike right in front of me! Why did I drive such a weird way home? To connect with my brother...

I prayed for my daughter, just didn't know why but asked the Lord to keep her safe no matter what the issue is.... She told me later she was in a car accident the day before i prayed and she was scared to tell me... It was a small winter fender bender.... He heard my call before I even knew I had need....

An ambulance wailed on its way to the hospital, I prayed and said if this is Oscar. I'm praying for him.... And it was Oscar in that ambulance..

Little things,nudges urgent urgings for me to call, pray do something, discernment Taps from the Holy Spirit. I love when they happen. 

God is near, God is good all the time! Amen!?

Thanks for the replys I enjoyed reading them

I wondered if this was a topic many didn't talk about

I thinks it's wonderful that the Lord trusts me enough to send me on my little journeys and in most cases get to see right away and understand why I went here or said certain things to someone.

he knows what people are in need of and when and I enjoy doing things!

I remember a time years back when was led many miles down the road to show up at the right time to help someone in need and they felt the Lord answered their prayer.

On my return home I was thinking why would I be sent this far as I passed various churches and drove though different towns full of people.

Edited by Guest

Guest BacKaran

I'd love to hear more from others on here. It gives me hope and assurance that we are listening to His whispers and callings and as we grow our discernment skills are made stronger.

Thank You God for touching all of our lives!?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  979
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,945
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/26/2016 at 9:17 AM, BacKaran said:

I'd love to hear more from others on here. It gives me hope and assurance that we are listening to His whispers and callings and as we grow our discernment skills are made stronger.

Thank You God for touching all of our lives!?

Fun stuff that encourages boldness in pleasantly sharing and giving, eh?

Have a friend that  prays before his travels that the Lord will make it clearly known to him if he is to  "talk to someone along the way". He started those prayers because he so often was led to talk and share. He shared of a few meetings  that sounds similar to what has already been stated by others here.

As for me I sometimes find I am in the Spirit as I study and/or even write, and I will write on  without knowing much the why of it at the time. Then I will read it  pray about it and sometimes delete it or use it as led, by the Spirit.

I did have a continuing encounter that went on for over six months one where I was eventually led through visions that would leave me in a exhausted state of near depression though I was at a point of a fine conclusion to some years of a project. I was led to pick up my family, move 2800 miles, to take a job I really didn't want all that much.

The job  gave me authority over some acreage that was adjacent to a church that had a parking space problem and a $5,00o,00o debt that was being foreclosed on by their bankers. Seems they kept having attendees ticketed by police for parking on the streets so they were coming up short of the projected growth and income they needed to survive.

And now I was visiting their facility and congregation amazed to see it existed  as it had in my visions, listening to  what turned out to be a special congregational business meeting about their plight. All the time they are talking, I am seeing that I now as result of taking this  job have control of some twenty flat acres beside their facility, and that I can authorize them to use it for parking until they can work through their additional difficulties.

There is much more to it, but end result is they had  parking made available to them and were able to then work out a plan for the bank to accept, they prospered and even were able to keep their old church property too.

And that was that, I was moved some 2800 miles as one little cog to do one little chore. Two years later I was able to move yet again 2800 miles out of that area back to my old home, for it never sold in all the time I was gone. The realtors kept fouling up deal after deal and mis-listing my property etc.

Odd the things that get brought together through the movings by the Holy Spirit. 

Edited by Neighbor
spelling erorrs

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/24/2016 at 0:19 AM, Brick said:

For me many years ago it started with I guess best I can describe it a push or need to do or say something to someone at times I didn't want to and worried about looking foolish didn't do it sometimes the feeling went away other times not until I did it.

Time went on and at times I heard that little voice or thought I did but not often but I started stepping out and doing.

One day  years ago     we had been shopping and as we left town grabbed something from a fast food joint,as we were going down the highway  the truck seemed to slow down, and a louder voice I knew for sure I heard

said turn into a park a bit up the road so I thought ok we are eating in the park. As I pull in there are several roads to choose I hear "right"  

I drive down aways see some tables  but I was directed farther along until we see a man across a strip of grass maybe 50/60 foot away who was sitting alone at a playground and I get told "get out and walk over to him put your hand on his shoulder and tell him God loves him" I said nope ,don't want to , I can't do that ,I don't know him ,he looks pretty weird etc  we go back and forth awhile and I was told to tell him what happened so I finally agree to do it.    so I get out walk over to him say hi  until I get his attention he is just staring at the ground very depressed looking.     I tell the guy "this is going to sound crazy but as I was going down the highway I hear this loud voice telling me to pull in this park ,walk over to you and stick my hand on your shoulder and tell you that God loves you " he gets a funny look on his face says he believes me said he was waiting for something , tells me to do it .  So I do and he smiles.

Then he started talking about his problems  and his life how he felt worthless his mom prayed about him the more we talked and more he said the happier he looked

that was kind of the ice breaker for me

Now it's usually  a conversation. 

the Lord may tell me to do something simple like tell the guy in the  store "he is a blessing to me "

That he's  always friendly and without asking asks if You need help finding items.

or bigger items.

For me mostly it has been through Bible and sermons. And at times I do hear the inner voice which tells me do something. I can very clearly differentiate that from my own thoughts.

Guest BacKaran

Before there were cell phones, we had land lines.

My best friend in high school was out some place and her dad called me. I thought it was strange, I never have parents of my friends call me and he just wanted to chat. It was an odd conversation and when I hung up, I thought somethings gotta be wrong with her dad.  

I couldn't call my girlfriend and just tucked it away as weird. Only to find out later he most likely was having a heart attack at that time and he ended up in a nursing home shortly after that in very poor health.

I've wondered why did I get his call? Maybe to prepare me?

I don't know but I am bold enough to ask questions eve since in weird situations.... That's God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

The Holy Spirit sometimes moves us in ways that we do not want to go. It is our counselor. We can often feel the Holy Spirit leading us. That is God.