• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Did Cain have a list ?  What did Yahweh tell Cain ?

Did the disciples have a "list" ?  They all knew what sin was.  Rebellion  Thus, when anyone rebels against Yahweh,

when anyone rejects Jesus, 

when anyone corrupts Yahweh's Word and rejects it,

when anyone rejects the Scripture OR the Apostles who Yahweh called, chose, set apart, and sent and delivered HIS MESSAGE thru,

they are in REBELLION,  headed for the lake of fire with the scribes and the pharisees who rebelled .

So you don't really understand what sin is then.  Lets go to scripture for the answer:

James 4:7Therefore, whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin.

So "SIN" is when you do not do
what is the correct thing to do. 
And that is spelled out:

Matthew 7:12    In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

I realize you do not accept this scripture, but it is well explained in scripture.

James 2:8 - If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Proverbs 3:29 - Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

Mark 12:31 - And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Romans 15:2 - Let every one of us please [his] neighbour for [his] good to edification.

Galatians 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 7:12 - Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Luke 10:27 - And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Luke 6:31 - And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Romans 13:10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

Leviticus 19:16-18 - Thou shalt not go up and down [as] a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I [am] the LORD.   (Read More...)

Matthew 19:19 - Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Edited by SkyWriting

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

In an assembly of ekklesia,  you would not be permitted to speak,  not as you speak against Yahweh , His Son, and His messengers.

First you would be silenced,  then banished, until you repented.

We are not going to listen to the voice of another,  Because as Jesus Says in HIS WORD the ekklesia listen to and follow Jesus,  and we won't learn from another voice (not from any other voice , especially opposed to HIS WORD) .....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

God's Grace is needed, even to seek God, as well as to follow Him,  and to hear Him.

Worthy Christian Library » A.W. Tozer » Pursuit of God

Chapter 1: Following hard after God

My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.  Psalms 63:8

Christian theology teaches the doctrine of prevenient grace, which briefly stated means this, that before a man can seek God, God must first have sought the man. Before a sinful man can think a right thought of God, there must have been a work of enlightenment done within him; imperfect it may be, but a true work nonetheless, and the secret cause of all desiring and seeking and praying which may follow.

We pursue God because, and only because, He has first put an urge within us that spurs us to the pursuit. ‘No man can come to me,’ said our Lord, ‘except the Father which hath sent me draw him,’ and it is by this very prevenient drawing that God takes from us every vestige of credit for he act of coming.

43 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Why do you pollute this forum like you did christianforums.com ?  (for years)

Repent to Yahweh (not to us, not first anyway);  ask YAHWEH for a clean heart,

and for cleansing from sin, 

and for truth,  for HIS UNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE.

I must be getting very close to your insecurities.  I ask you what sexual perversions are, and you fail to list yours.
You ask me to condemn the sex lives of my neighbors, but without x-ray vision, I have no idea what that is.
You ask me to condemn any sexual irregularities, but fail to provide what is normal.
All your requests must be denied I'm afraid.  Now you are resorting to whatever backgound
information you can dig up with your clever internet searches.  Why do you think I used the same
name on a new forum?  Becasue I was worried about my reputation there? Did you think that through?

The reason I was banned from the other forum for a few weeks is that I replied to a poster asking about a minister who was asking for money.  I checked the posters previous posts and discovered he had been asking for money for missions himself.  I brought this up to him, but the moderators felt I was attacking him and I was too far off topic and not sticking to the OP close enough.  I didn't bother to appeal the decision. 

Edited by SkyWriting

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, SkyWriting said:

The Bible does not perform marriages, so what is a biblical marriage?

The Bible prescribes marriage as being between one man and one woman.  That is a biblical marriage.

In fact that is the only kind of marriage is a true marriage.

Many non-believers get married so likely that would not be a biblical marriage.  

I said "biblcal;"  I did not say "Christian."  Many non-believers have biblical marriages, even if they are not Christians.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The Bible prescribes marriage as being between one man and one woman.  That is a biblical marriage.

In fact that is the only kind of marriage is a true marriage.

So, then this is not a biblical marriage?

Genesis 4:19 Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the...

Or is this some kind of sin?

Edited by SkyWriting

Guest shiloh357
Just now, SkyWriting said:

So, then this is not a biblical marriage?

Genesis 4:19 Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the...

No, it is not.   God has ordained marriage and biblical marriage is between one man and woman, period.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is not.   God has ordained marriage and biblical marriage is between one man and woman, period.

So then this is one of those sexual perversions?

I tried to get a definition for "sexual perversions" earlier, but no luck.  Just a personal attack instead. 

Edited by SkyWriting

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

So then this is one of those sexual perversions?

I tried to get a definition for "sexual perversions" earlier, but no luck.  Just a personal attack instead. 

Sexual perversion is any sexual activity outside of God-ordained marriage.  Sex is only for a man and a woman who married.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Sexual perversion is any sexual activity outside of God-ordained marriage.  Sex is only for a man and a woman who married.

Do you think it is possible for you to become attracted to your same sex and marry your same sex?