• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

When did you choose to be a son of disobedience along with the rest of society ?

When did you choose to have more faith in satan ,

instead of faith in Jesus ?

Or did it "just happen" ? "not something you've chosen" ?

I've chosen to believe in things that resonate with me in some way that they are true.  By way of analysis, conversation, real life experience etc etc.  I also don't see what this has to do with the discussion.

Guest shiloh357
31 minutes ago, Bonky said:

And if that doesn't work?  The context of my question was Christian men who WERE handing this over.  What did you think I was referring to?

I will work, guaranteed. I am under no obligation to believe that the persons you referred to have done so.

Wow.  So the Jesus we hear about in the secular community is the one that will love  you and take care of you and allow you to lay things at the cross, that's there to "sell" Christianity.  Then when rubber meets the road we get this.  If prayer doesn't work blame the person, the empathy, compassion and respect are completely void in this kind of response.  I really do feel for gay Christian men who have to deal with this.  The one thing these men chose to do is to be a part of this religious worldview that views them as abominations....that choice is on them.

I said no such thing.  That is your dishonest spin.  I would expect no less.   Let me know when you decide to grow up and be a man and use some integrity in your responses.  Until then,  I wash my hands of you.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I will work, guaranteed. I am under no obligation to believe that the persons you referred to have done so.

Whatever helps you sleep.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

12 minutes ago, Bonky said:

Whatever helps you sleep.

No need for help.

Yahweh always grants HIS Beloved sleep and rest.  (a GIFT OF GRACE, always given, never earned, never lacking or broken)

Yeshua, the GOOD SHEPHERD,  leads HIS OWN sheep to green pastures, giving rest and comfort and nourishment,

Yeshua, the GOOD SHEPHERD , leads HIS OWN sheep to still waters,  IN PERFeCT PEACE.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 1/4/2017 at 7:13 AM, Seanc said:

I'm sure this has been discussed many times but the few active discussions I saw went off topic with evolution and such so I decided to start a new thread. 

I have been reading different apologetic books and pondering an answer from an atheist perspective(which I am not).

To start off I believe that C.S lewis explains best in that objective morality is not instinctual. His example goes like this: You see a man drowning, he's a stranger. Two instincts come up. The first being the "herd instinct" to save the man. The second is the "survival instinct" to keep yourself safe/alive. The second instinct is the stronger of the two but morality pushes you toward the weaker one. It tells you that you ought to save the man because it is "right".

The other point he makes is that its more than just a "social convention" that its more than just what is taught to you and that if you can judge two different peoples morals and say one is better and the other lesser then you are implying there is a Real morality or a Real right independent of what people think. 

So my question is and I'm basing this off a question I was posed with is would we only lean closer to what "you" were taught? Does it surpass my understanding and learning? Is it objective? 

Before I submit this I want to say that I believe in an objective morality but I need help to further understand it before i even try to explain it to someone else. Anyone got an answer?

we could at least understand that no soul would ultimately like to undergo what is detrimental/harmful, unpleasant or unbearable to them, and this is precisely the understandable enough law on which all the Word of the true God is founded

Matthew 7:12 (NLT) "Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."

so if we don't want anyone to cause us evil, we should not cause evil to others, and if we want to be saved to abundant and eternal life, then we should work for such salvation for others

Blessings

• Thumbs Up 1