• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I know I am not Marcus but the elect are the born again Christians who are going in the rapture of the Church.

The elect were chosen before the foundation of the world

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"

What does it mean to be "chosen"?

It means that there are certain people that God chosen in the first earth age, to do a task for Him in this flesh earth age. This is not reincarnation, for it is appointed for each of us to go through this earth age, the flesh earth age, once and only once. We read; "...It is appointed unto men once to die [in the flesh], but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27 This appointing and choosing took place before the foundation of this earth age; the second earth age [cosmos] that we now live in.

"Without blame" refers to the fact that God intercedes in certain peoples lives. Certain people have free will, while certain others are of God's election, however, God doesn't play favorites. Christ died for the sins of all who will repent; the chosen, and the free-will. All must repent for sins they commit, and love the Lord Jesus Christ, to have the hope of His glory.

"Before the foundation of the world", [cosmos in the Greek, meaning world or earth age.] The "foundation" in the Greek text, is the verb for, "the overthrow". This refers to something that happened in that first earth age, before the overthrow of Satan and his angels that followed him. When Satan fell [war against God], one third of all angelic beings [God's children] followed Satan. Then during that war, there were some who fought against Satan, and those who did, God calls "His Chosen". They took a stand, and were overcomers in that first earth age.

Being a christian does not make one  the elect

54 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I know I am not Marcus but the elect are the born again Christians who are going in the rapture of the Church.

The elect are those who will take a stand,and not hope to fly away..

The Elect are those who will have the whole gospel on.

Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

How will you make a stand,if you not gonna be here?

Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh ad blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God that ye may be able to with stand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

What evil day?Dang sure ain't a rapture

The "evil day" is just before the Lord's return, and on that day we had better be prepared to stand and face Satan, with our full armor on.

Ephesians 6:14 "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;"

Your "girt" is your belt. That is what holds up your pants, and our spiritual "belt" is the truth of God's word; all of it. Like the belt, it also holds you together, and keeps you from going flying off in all directions. If you know what to expect you will not stray off into Satan's camp in ignorance.

Our "breastplate of righteousness" is our justification, or authority for everything we say or do. That is the Word of God. It will protect you, but only if you are able to think for yourself, and the wisdom to direct our thinking can only come from God. Without that truth in your mind, you are spiritually naked, and defenseless against any spiritual battle. The world today is Biblically illiterate.

Ephesians 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."

Paul is telling us that this is the most important armor; "above all". When we put on our "shield of faith" we can quench [or snuff out] all of Satan's fiery darts. There is absolutely nothing Satan can send against you mentally, if you are filled with the seal of the living God. God even went far beyond that when He gave to Satan the keys of authority for his tribulation rule.

God said in Revelation 9:4 "And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thin, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads." That seal of God is the Scriptures; all of it, and it had better be stored in your mind [that's your "forehead"].

The "shield" is our faith, or the certain knowledge that we know that when Satan comes against us, we will automatically be given the moves we are to take to shield ourselves form him. Whatever comes our way will be snuffed out today, tomorrow, and right into Christ's Millennium age. Your faith is not only your belief, but your acting on that belief; which is sustained by your confidence that God will perform that what He said He will do. All things will come to pass exactly as He said it would in His Word.

Try again!

Only two choices,and a rapture ain't one of them

Sealed or Marked,Period!!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, n2thelight said:

We are to ENDURE till the END,what part you don't understand.

Dude: why do you keep asking what I know?  From what you write, and your typing skills, I'm questioning your understanding and getting little in the way of answers.  If your understanding is so superior to mine, then you ought to be able to communicate a simple answer without restating simple principles, like enduring to the end, and then making it out like the person questioning you hasn't a clue.

Been without electric before,nothing to eat as well..

Yeah, sure ya have dude.  The point is, is that after you sobered up and paid the electrical bill, they turned it back on.  Right now you must have electrical power and internet access if only at the library so as to post on this board.

We're talking about a blanket prohibition based on a LAW which we are specifically told to disregard.  NOBODY has been ordered to be "chipped" in order to buy or sell.  It's coming though.  Notice how they're "chipping" your debit and credit cards?  Nobody pays by check anymore, and hardly anyone uses cash.  In the Great Tribulation the only way you're going to be able to buy groceries or other necessary commodities is the pass your hand over the scanner.  That's never been done before.

That's your problem,you think the trib is all about death,can you tell me how satan can go around killing people and expect them to believe He's Christ,can't and won't happen!!!!!!

You're really not capable of knowing what I think and you prove it when you tell me something that I don't think at all is what I think. 

What part of you don't know my thinking do you understand?  Pretty much all of it.

You keep using this word: "trib" and you still don't define it.  The "trib" is not all about deception; it's also about keeping the faith, enduring patiently, and remaining steadfast.  It's about looking for Jesus to come on the clouds and not to try to save yourself.  The Great Tribulation is a test for the Elect.  Many (quote) "Christians" will fall by the wayside.

Your second part is stupid. He's not telling them he's Jesus.  He's telling them he's god and the wicked believe them.  He hates the Jews and he hates us and they hate us too.  And its gonna happen.

9 hours ago, n2thelight said:

I fear no man,period!!!!

Says the man behind the computer monitor.  Message board bravado.

Wow,is all I can say!!!!

So you can't answer what "age" is ended.

Thought so.

So do tell,who are the elect????????

The Elect are people who are saved by faith, and who will inherit eternal life through Salvation in Christ Jesus.

Not all who are in the "church" (small 'c') will be saved.  There will always be foolish virgins who fail to keep the faith they once professed.

Simple.  The Elect are the First Resurrection.
They come from many different sources depending upon their time and attributes which includes:

• The "men wondered at" (the 24 Elders) who followed Jesus' Resurrection from the grave to Heaven.
  • The "Firstfruits" of the Harvest: the 144,000.
  • The Dead in Christ who include:
    • Saints from before Jesus' First Advent like Job and Daniel.
    • Christians who died normal deaths (not martyred) since Jesus' First Advent.
  • Those who remain and are still alive when Jesus gathers them up in the Rapture at the end of the Church Age to include:
    • Newly believing people who hear the Gospel from the first of three Angels and believe in Jesus
    • Those Christians who endured the Great Tribulation and were not martyred nor starved to death.
  • Finally, at the end of the one 'seven' - the Two Witnesses complete the number of the Martyrs and they are "made alive".

So I just did something you can't seem to do.  Answer a simple question directly and completely.  So don't tell me I don't know who the Elect are.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

The elect were chosen before the foundation of the world

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"

What does it mean to be "chosen"?

It means that there are certain people that God chosen in the first earth age, to do a task for Him in this flesh earth age. This is not reincarnation, for it is appointed for each of us to go through this earth age, the flesh earth age, once and only once. We read; "...It is appointed unto men once to die [in the flesh], but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27 This appointing and choosing took place before the foundation of this earth age; the second earth age [cosmos] that we now live in.

"Without blame" refers to the fact that God intercedes in certain peoples lives. Certain people have free will, while certain others are of God's election, however, God doesn't play favorites. Christ died for the sins of all who will repent; the chosen, and the free-will. All must repent for sins they commit, and love the Lord Jesus Christ, to have the hope of His glory.

"Before the foundation of the world", [cosmos in the Greek, meaning world or earth age.] The "foundation" in the Greek text, is the verb for, "the overthrow". This refers to something that happened in that first earth age, before the overthrow of Satan and his angels that followed him. When Satan fell [war against God], one third of all angelic beings [God's children] followed Satan. Then during that war, there were some who fought against Satan, and those who did, God calls "His Chosen". They took a stand, and were overcomers in that first earth age.

Being a christian does not make one  the elect

Are you Calvinist?

Only two choices,and a rapture ain't one of them

Sealed or Marked,Period!!!!!

Then why go on and on asking questions regarding the pretrib rapture?

2 hours ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

The Elect are people who are saved by faith, and who will inherit eternal life through Salvation in Christ Jesus.

Not all who are in the "church" (small 'c') will be saved.  There will always be foolish virgins who fail to keep the faith they once professed.

Simple.  The Elect are the First Resurrection.
They come from many different sources depending upon their time and attributes which includes:

• The "men wondered at" (the 24 Elders) who followed Jesus' Resurrection from the grave to Heaven.
  • The "Firstfruits" of the Harvest: the 144,000.
  • The Dead in Christ who include:
    • Saints from before Jesus' First Advent like Job and Daniel.
    • Christians who died normal deaths (not martyred) since Jesus' First Advent.
  • Those who remain and are still alive when Jesus gathers them up in the Rapture at the end of the Church Age to include:
    • Newly believing people who hear the Gospel from the first of three Angels and believe in Jesus
    • Those Christians who endured the Great Tribulation and were not martyred nor starved to death.
  • Finally, at the end of the one 'seven' - the Two Witnesses complete the number of the Martyrs and they are "made alive".

So I just did something you can't seem to do.  Answer a simple question directly and completely.  So don't tell me I don't know who the Elect are.

That is true.

9 hours ago, inchrist said:

Im trying to understand this weak mindset

A strong mind would be able to understand another's viewpoint. 
You can't even see the point of having faith knowing we're destined to go through the Great Tribulation.
Nor can you answer which "age" ends when we are gathered up; Satan continues still at that point, in my view.