• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

3 hours ago, Bill16652 said:

I think it is good to honor the dead and remember them but I fail to see any merit in praying for them, they will be one place or the other and nothing will change that after they pass.  I wonder if this practice dates back to when to you paid to pray someone out of purgatory which I also do not believe in

People still pray for that with "mass cards".

Guest Teditis
4 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

One still can't pray for it or to a dead  soul, their eternal destiny has already been settled so nothing is being done but a waste of time that could be better spent on again, praying for the Alice people now 

And I used that Scripture out of context because there's an irony in it and the RCC.

One can pray for whatever one wishes... God asks us to pray for the Will of God.

Loving someone who is deceased is an example of an Love that is exemplary choice of loyalty and affection that is beyond the grave.

What can be done in praying for someone who has died is that our own Love can become more like God's

in it's everlasting devotion to others... as the OP suggests.

6 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Pls explain why it's wonky, because you don't agree with it?

God cannot be in the presenceof sin in heaven....True.

When a person dies, his soul goes to heaven or hell, true.

I view the RCC as a dead church of Satan.

Good night .

I think that you used it... out of context... just to try and prove your own biased opinions about the RCC.

You have a hatred towards a group of people and try to pass it off as a loyalty to God.

But hatred and God don't mix, see? RCC'ers proclaim Jesus as their only Lord and Savior. But the rest of what

they believe, you can't reconcile. What you can't reconcile you reject and call demonic. Well, shame on you.

• Group:  Advanced Member

3 hours ago, Teditis said:

We are told in Scripture to PRAY... and not confined as what to pray for.

You say that they are in a state of perfection, but they are still Created entities and not deity. Therefore, there is much to pray for IMO.

Purgatory or not, it seems to me that people in Heaven will still have much to contend with... ideas, knowledge and choice. We can pray for

these things. We don't become automatons when we reach Heaven... we become Justified beings that are still a long way off from being God-like.

This is a whole new idea to me.

Very  new age.

Guest Teditis
3 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:
3 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

Very  new age.

Very  new age.

Slights have no effect... dig deeper.

3 hours ago, Teditis said:

I disagree with Got Questions one this one.

The human condition continues after we die, IMO, and we remain Created beings.

As such, prayer certainly could not hurt either the pray-er or the prayed for.

GotQuestions says "The Bible is the only official prayer manual, and it teaches that prayers for the dead are futile."

Where does the Bible say that? They don't answer or give Scripture to support it.

I think that prayers to God for anyone, "dead" or alive makes sense given certain Biblical conditions... the Will of

God take place.

Good point.

What could the will of God be for dead people that would want us to pray for them?

5 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Slights have no effect... dig deeper.

Slights?

Maybe you need to study what new age is and how much the RCC has embraced it long before most of us knew what it was.

Guest Teditis
5 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

Good point.

What could the will of God be for dead people that would want us to pray for them?

That they continue in His will and grow together with Him eternally.

The point would be that it's growth for the pray-er as opposed to the prayed for.

God wants the pray-er to grow as well, right? Prayer is more about the pray-er than it is about God's response.

Do you have a problem with that?

Guest Teditis
4 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

Slights?

Maybe you need to study what new age is and how much the RCC has embraced it long before most of us knew what it was.

Maybe you need to consider that I didn't land on the planet yesterday and know a little bit more than you think I know.

Stop the smugness and deliver post that represent you are a disciple of Christ.

Guest BacKaran

Ted Ted teditis...

I don't have a hate of people just the devil and RCC system itself leading them all to death, as I do for Islam, Mormons, Wicca and other cults and I used it so newbies who are unaware may question the RCC or me.

And a righteous anger, a righteous hated of sin and evil is from God, many can't see that because they have no discernment.

I know where you stand and you know where I stand and I love all sinners because I was one of them. I believe God wants people to hear His Truth and if they start asking questions, that's a good place to start plus the Bible.

I'm not trying to prove anything for me but I will give people God's truth and to have them start questioning what they think is "good" when compared to His Truth.

Gods truth offends alot of people.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

7 hours ago, Teditis said:

I've heard it often too, my friend. And yes... it is often applied towards the people of Catholic Faith. (A shame, really).

I've always felt that the praying for the dead is a true example of Love. We don't know the way of the dead, but to spend

time in articulating our feelings to God about all matters pertaining to the subject has to mean something to an all-loving

Father. His ears are not closed to us...

What a beautiful response, thank you.

Peace
Mark