• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

So, you don't believe the Christ's sacrifice was sufficient? as the Bible tells us?  Does the scripture lie?  The Bible scripture clearly states the opposite of what you say.

1 Peter 3:18(NASB)

18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the [a]spirit;

Of course, healing and purification are part of the sanctification that is part of the Christian journey.

Peace
mark

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Why then assume anyone was hating?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention my friend.  I misread your other post.  Should have known better, sorry about that.  We don't agree, but I sense you try to be very fair.

Peace
mark

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Is that the 'truth'? -_-

My friend, it is hard to truly listen, for we each have our own 'slant', or perspective and also personal history.  All churches because they are made up of people, have a dark past, the older, the more there will be to point at.   Many people are deeply wounded by Christians from different churches, so yes what she says is true, but it not all encompassing.

Peace
mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, markdohle said:

You are missing the point.  Those in purgation, or healing, or saved......those who freely reject God can't be healed, would not want it if offered.  Mercy and healing have to be received.

Peace
Mark

What is the Biblical reference that justifies the idea of Purgatory?

1 minute ago, Davida said:

After people die?  

Of course.  How else can God heal them?  Sin wounds us deeply.  It is like a man  who turns his life around, he will still have to deal with the aftermath of the effects of sin on his soul.  Habits etc, that take a death to self to overcome, with God's grace.  Paul talks about running the race, which implies effort and responding to grace.  It is the sufficiency of Christ's death and resurrection that allows that to happen.   How that happens I am not sure, but again, we will all be judged and what is stubble will be burned away by the Fire of God's love.

Peace
Mark

5 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

What is the Biblical reference that justifies the idea of Purgatory?

In Matthew 5:26 and Luke 12:59 Christ is condemning sin and speaks of liberation only after expiation. “Amen, I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny.” Now we know that no last penny needs to be paid in Heaven and from Hell there is no liberation at all; hence the reference must apply to a third place.

Remember, purgatory is not a second chance for conversion; those in purgation are already justified.

Since Martin Luther threw both books of Maccabees out of his Protestant Bible during the sixteenth century Reformation, most Protestants today don’t recognize Maccabees as scripture.  However, both 1 and 2 Maccabees are in the Gutenberg Bible, published a century before Luther was born, which proves that the Catholic Church didn't add them at the Council of Trent after the Reformation;  they were taken out by Luther during the Reformation.

St. Paul talks about this in 1 Corinthians 3:13 when he says,

" The work of each will come to light, for the Day will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work. If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage. But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire. "

Guest Teditis
2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

IF as scripture says, absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, then why do we need to pray for someone who is present with the Almighty.  He is in good hands and need of nothing as he is with the giver of all things. His work is done here and now is reaping his rewards.

2 Corinthians 5King James Version (KJV)

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Still, after death, the Human condition still exists, no? I mean we are still creatures and not equal to God.

We'll still have free-will and be able to experience a life of some sorts that would entail making decisions, etc.

Why not pray for that? Where's the harm to either party... where's the disrespect of God's Holy and Mighty hand?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

4 hours ago, markdohle said:

In Matthew 5:26 and Luke 12:59 Christ is condemning sin and speaks of liberation only after expiation. “Amen, I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny.” Now we know that no last penny needs to be paid in Heaven and from Hell there is no liberation at all; hence the reference must apply to a third place.

Remember, purgatory is not a second chance for conversion; those in purgation are already justified.

Since Martin Luther threw both books of Maccabees out of his Protestant Bible during the sixteenth century Reformation, most Protestants today don’t recognize Maccabees as scripture.  However, both 1 and 2 Maccabees are in the Gutenberg Bible, published a century before Luther was born, which proves that the Catholic Church didn't add them at the Council of Trent after the Reformation;  they were taken out by Luther during the Reformation.

St. Paul talks about this in 1 Corinthians 3:13 when he says,

" The work of each will come to light, for the Day will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work. If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage. But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire. "

Please do not use scripture without putting it in the context in which it was printed. I have read Matthew 5:26 and  Luke 12:5. it has to do with paying debts and making amends to others upon the Earth. I've read the scriptures before and after these scriptures and know this to be true.  This thing about paying the last penny in Heaven is not scriptural, we pay for everything when we accept Christ and our savior and put him in charge of our life.

I repeat my request of Biblical justification for believing in purgatory.

Edited by Churchmouse

Guest Thallasa
40 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Please do not use scripture without putting it in the context in which it was printed. I have read Matthew 5:26 and  Luke 12:5. it has to do with paying debts and making amends to others upon the Earth. I've read the scriptures before and after these scriptures and know this to be true.  This thing about paying the last penny in Heaven is not scriptural, we pay for everything when we accept Christ and our savior and put him in charge of our life.

I repeat my request of Biblical justification for believing in Peremptory.

In Peremptory . What is that ?