• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

From the "That Was Then; This Is Now" files:

Twitter Is Reminding Schumer About a Tweet He Sent in 2015 Regarding National Security

In the light of Schumer's emotional speech, Twitter users are reminding the senator about a tweet he sent in February of 2015 - one which is now terribly awkward.

We must tighten loopholes in the Visa Waiver prgm, ensure passports can’t be faked & stop terrorists who want to exploit the system.

— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) November 19, 2015

The New York senator backed up his tweet at the time by telling Congress "a pause" on refugee resettlement in the U.S. "may be necessary." 

This man is the very definition of "political hack."

Blessings,

-Ed

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The way things are going the WH could be nuked :blink:

So, your like Madonna on those thoughts, huh? Bombing the WH and all? Maybe it's time I put you n my "ignore" list as your more radical view are shining through.

Guest shiloh357
21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Things are going famously.  The Liberals are angry, spitting mad.  Things are as they should be.  If you're making the liberals made, you're doing the right thing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

48 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

So, your like Madonna on those thoughts, huh? Bombing the WH and all? Maybe it's time I put you n my "ignore" list as your more radical view are shining through.

Did I say that I would ove to bomb the WH Rick? Are you not putting words in my mouth? If you feel inclined put me on your ignore list please do so :noidea:

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Sounds pretty similar to in sentiment to "I thought.....of bombing the White House." It's an independent thought. Maybe a better choice of words would be appropriate?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Rick_Parker said:

Sounds pretty similar to in sentiment to "I thought.....of bombing the White House." It's an independent thought. Maybe a better choice of words would be appropriate?

Let's just say I am concerned for the safety of the WH and even the Trump Tower and all those who are involved.

Then that would be a terrorist act against the United States and not against Mr. Trump or his policies. A nuclear attack is not simply an "attack" any more than the attack on 9-11 was simply an "attack" against Bush or his policies. All Nuke attacks in America are attacks on our way of life, established way before POTUS Trump did anything. To even "dream" that they may happen because of one person's actions is.... I don't know.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

44 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

Just my opinion, Rick, but I don't think MM was saying she thought of that, just that she feared it could happen.  We shouldn't let the current firestorm in Washington set believer against believer.  Oftentimes things said on a message board lose nuance because we are not speaking directly to each other.