• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Yowm said:

To the degree we as Christians start mixing other writings in with our Scriptures (66Books), to that degree we  lose our distinctive identity as Christian and our faith will be diluted and misguided. 

Cults, RCC , Gnostics etc., do not like Sola Scriptura . Scripture is to be the basis to judge all other truth claims.

Yowm

I never read those words Sola Scriptura in the bible before?

Is this word from the bible, or is it from man?

These books that many of you find so dangerous, all have a common theme.

To listen to the Word of God, and not man.  God gives truth, not man.  Do not stray from God's counsel by going our own way, because the devil will be there waiting to deceive.

If you know God, you will recognise his voice anywhere.

God has righteousness which we learn from the scriptures.  We learn his commands, his ways, his warnings,  and not only did he show us light, but he used the light to reveal the darkness.  Anything that does not glorify God and his Son is not from God.  Anything contrary to scripture is false.  All these books I have read (not all), but the ones I talk about all speak and prophesy of Jesus.  If it is from the devil, then why reveal that it is our Lord who will be sitting on the throne at his coming?

Doesn't make sense.  None of those books glorify Satan or his kingdom, but warn against.

19 hours ago, worthy said:

I first want to say in defense of sister that the book of Adam and eve is not HER book it's a book she is reading.

Second I need to know why these books are mentioned in the bible but aren't in the bible

Book of the Covenant 
Exodus 24:7  And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.
There are those that believe the Book of the Covenant is found in Exodus chapters 20 through 23. There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of the Wars of the Lord
Numbers 21:14  Wherefore it is said in the book of the wars of the Lord, What he did in the Red sea, and in the brooks of Arnon,
Certain sources believe that this is to be found by drawing text from several Old Testament books.  There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of Jasher 
Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
2 Samuel 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.) 

The Manner of the Kingdom / Book of Statutes
1 Samuel 10:25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.

Book of Samuel the Seer 
1 Chronicles 29:29  Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,

Nathan the Prophet 
1 Chronicles 29:29  Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,
2 Chronicles 9:29  Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

Acts of Solomon 
1 Kings 11:41  And the rest of the acts of Solomon, and all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the book of the acts of Solomon?

Shemaiah the Prophet 
2 Chronicles 12:15  Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Prophecy of Abijah
2 Chronicles 9:29  Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

Story of Prophet Iddo
2 Chronicles 13:22  And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and his ways, and his sayings, are written in  the story of the prophet Iddo.

Visions of Iddo the Seer

Iddo Genealogies
2 Chronicles 12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Book of Jehu 
2 Chronicles 20:34  Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, who is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel.

Sayings of the Seers
2 Chronicles 33:19  His prayer also, and how God was intreated of him, and all his sin, and his trespass, and the places wherein he built high places, and set up groves and graven images, before he was humbled: behold, they are written among the sayings of the seers.

Book of Enoch  
Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Hebrews 11:5 - 11:65 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

http://www.nairaland.com/1080843/book-enoch-jesus-quoted-it

Book of Gad the Seer 
1 Chronicles 29:29   Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,

Epistle to the Ephesians  

Ephesians 3:2-4

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Epistle from Laodicea to the Colossians
Colossians 4:16  And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Acts of Uziah
2 Chronicles 26:22  Now the rest of the acts of Uzziah, first and last, did Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, write.

The Annals of King David 
1 Chronicles 27:24  Joab son of Zeruiah began to count the men but did not finish. Wrath came on Israel on account of this numbering, and the number was not entered in the book of the annals of King David.

Source - http://www.answering-christianity.com/lost_books.htm

Thank you Worthy.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

??

55 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sister, on what basis do you determine what is truth and what is a lie in these extra biblical books?

Yowm

When we read the holy bible with hunger for truth, the Word fill us up with the spirit of truth.  The holy bible contains the spirit of God in it.  Many men can write books, and from what they've written, we can determine what spirit is behind the author.  If it is in line with the truth that we found in the holy scriptures, then that author has the spirit of God with him.  If it is not in line with the holy bible, and has contractions, then the spirit of God is not with that author.

Now what is hard for most, is reading details that were not contained in the holy scriptures, for they have nothing to compare it to,....but just because it wasn't mentioned in the holy scriptures, doesn't mean it didn't happen or wont happen.  If you know your scriptures well, then you should be able to slot it in the right place.

In the past, there were true men of God, and their experiences, and conversations with God, and visions were shared amongst their children to hand down.  They were taught of Christ to come, ...heard about him, but we are fortunate today that we have the NT to really get to know Jesus and have that personal relationship with him.  They did not have that, ...they knew of him, but didn't know him like we do today.  Jesus is THE WORD OF GOD, and he said this;

John 10:27   My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

So when the Shepherd speaks now and we know him, we can also hear him when he spoke to the men of the past.  It's the same voice, full of righteousness and truth.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Sister, for the third time, on what basis do you determine spiritual truth if not God's Word found in Scripture? Sola Scriptura is just that, Scripture is our ultimate authority when it comes to truth claims. I have read your excerpts from these extra biblical writings and have found them false. Satan is a grand master at mixing error with truth. Live in your deception if you must, but it will be deception leading you further and further from God's Way.

Thank you for the warning, I know you say it out of love, but please give me an example of something false, because to call something false, you have to give facts on what was actually spoken so we can compare and test.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, worthy said:

[1]  There is no need to defend sister because I did not attack her.  I never mentioned her name in my OP.  This thread is about extra-biblical writings and their lies and harm and deceit.

[2]  From your first list of "lost books", the book of Jasher today is not the book of Jasher mentioned in the Bible.  The false book of Jasher today was written centuries after the record book of Jasher in the Bible.  You see, there in lies part of the deceit.   Those books on that first list are non-inspired history records and secular.  The prophets and kings kept records, but that does not make them inspired or canonical.

Now as for the false book of Jasher written today - it was not even written until centuries after the Bible was canonized.

God cannot lie. God is not the author of confusion. The Bible and the "book of Jasher" (which is not the book mentioned in the Old Testament) contradict one another in many, many places.

Both the Bible and the modern, false book of Jasher cannot be true. One of them is lying.

• The Bible says that Pharaoh died in the Red Sea (Psalm 136). The book of Jasher [81] says that Pharaoh escaped because as he watched his men drowning he suddenly "believed in God" and "thanked him" and God spared him, sent an angel to transport Pharaoh to Ninevah where he reigned a long time.
  • The Bible says that the Red Sea was split into two parts and that the children of Israel walked a path. (Exodus 14; Joshua 3). The book of Jasher says the Red Sea was divided into 12 parts.
  • The Bible says that Moses was 40 when he fled Egypt and that he fled to Midian. The book of Jasher (71 - 73) says that Moses was 18 when he left Egypt and he went to Cush and became king there for 40 years. Then he went to Midian where someone named Reuel put him in prison for 10 years because he thought the Cushites were after him.
  • The Bible says that Joseph, when talking to his brothers before he revealed himself, kept Simeon as a guarantee that they would come back with Benjamin. The Bible says that Joseph had Simeon bound before their eyes. (Genesis 42) The book of Jasher (51) says that Joseph tried to have Simeon bound but that Simeon was not willing and he fought back and that he "could not be bound" at all.

Either the Bible is wrong or the modern and false book of Jasher (which again, is not the ancient, ancient book mentioned in the Bible) is wrong.

I have already pointed out the flaws of Enoch.

[3]  As for your second list, you have cited a link to the pro-Muslim site, answering-christianity.  They deny the crucifixion on that site and more.  I'm not sure why you referenced this site.

I am deleting this because it sounds proud on my behalf.  Sorry about that.

Edited by Sister

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sister, this 'slotting into the right place' is purely imaginative and speculative. How can you put any kind of faith in speculations? They have no bearing in Scripture or history, just some dangerous exercises in connecting the dots.

You don't recognise any of those things that Satan said to be true?  Did he ever deliver what he promised Adam and Eve?  Didn't he just describe his exact character with pride to a T?

Guest Teditis
27 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sure it is, here is an article by Kenneth Samples, an Augustinian... http://www.equip.org/article/what-separates-catholics-and-protestants/

Which doesn't say anything about the Bible being the sole holder of "Truth"... as you claimed.

53 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sola Scriptura is just that, Scripture is our ultimate authority when it comes to truth claims. I have read your excerpts from these extra biblical writings and have found them false. Satan is a grand master at mixing error with truth. Live in your deception if you must, but it will be deception leading you further and further from God's Way.

It's a substantial difference.