Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Bingo. Its pointless to argue with God, the holy Spirit talks like He talks, shows what He shows, points out what He wants, how far is one come if one cant believe God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

So what is the message of Christmas.  Get some logs, make a fire, gather the family and sing kumba ya.  Open your gifts,greet one another and say thank you leviathan,  OR  ?????

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Every year we get the "God hates Christmas and Easter" threads. You could almost set your watch by them. Pass ...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

16 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Can a christian celebrate christmas and easter knowing its all pagan?

Years ago a video rebuttal concerning this kind of claim appeared on a forum I was a member of. "Horus Ruins Christmas". No, they are not pagan. 

As for the question itself, I believe it is an individual's choice. There is a camp that argues, no, Christians cannot celebrate Christmas nor Easter. And yet, millions of Christians do so every year. 

It wouldn't matter if it were pagan in my opinion. Though they are not so. Because Jesus arrived in the world to inform pagans, a label that was applied to the first followers of Christ by the Romans because the first Christ followers worshiped one God and not a pantheon as did the Romans, that the only way to the true God was through him. 

Jesus took the sins of the entire world, and all the false god's, goddesses, idols, upon himself on the cross as sins that his sacrificial blood would blot out for eternity. And God the father would remember those trespasses against his truth never again. 

All that is required to be washed clean by that sacrifice is for people today to accept they are worth Jesus' dying for them. Renounce their worldly transgressions, accept Jesus as that which saves them through his blood and the message of the father, and repent of their fallen ways and predisposition to human nature. 
They're then redeemed from that life where they were part of this world that satan influences for having been born into it and thus are his first. And they are reborn into the holy spirit of God, with Jesus Christ as their mediator for their entire life here on earth from then on.

Therefore, if a Christian celebrates Easter, it is celebrating all that it means concerning the risen Christ they worship. And if they celebrate Christmas, it is celebrating the birth of the savior of the world. The savior that is capable of saving pagans too. All they have to do first is know they are worth it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I do. Because regardless of what anyone says they are christian holidays. What makes them christian you ask? The answer is I do, every time I celebrate them, by honoring Christ's birth, death, and resurrection. After all without those 3 things we have no christian faith.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

4 hours ago, Giller said:

And as concerns the calendar, there may have been some type and shadow to this calendar, but would God really want his calendar replaced by a pagan calendar?

I am sure you use the calendar in your life. It would be almost impossible not to. When you say it is Thursday, are you worshiping a pagan God or just referencing a tool used to avoid chaos?

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Giller said:

Now I know that because we have this Roman calender, we kind of have to know what day we are in, but at the same time, what would God do? Should we not at least try to encourage the calendar that God set forth, and try to influence the government, even if they do not listen, to implement God's calendar?

Yeah, and you would have to convince every government on the face of the earth to abide by that calendar, otherwise trade and commerce and even national security would be at risk..  

After all it is God's calendar (Jewish calendar).

Why does the pagan name "Tammuz" appear as one of the names of the month in God's calendar?

And I know some might think I am nuts, but why not go by what God would do in every situation.

Not nuts, just unrealistic.   What would God do?   This is not the only age of man that had pagan calendars and there was no command from God in the past to expunge the world of them.

Now I do take heed to our calendar and it's 365 days but I truly am not delighted about it, because for the most part it honors other gods.

Maybe we need to rethink our attitudes on all things, and have it conformed to God's way of thinking.

No, we don't need to strain at gnats.  You're not going to change how the world works and we have to live and work in this context.   We are not honoring other gods by using words like "Monday" or "Tuesday." 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

5 hours ago, Giller said:

And as concerns the calendar, there may have been some type and shadow to this calendar, but would God really want his calendar replaced by a pagan calendar?

Are you a Jew? Do you know about the Jewish calendar you're advocating for the contemporary usage by all today?

Why not stick with the Gregorian Christian calendar that is in use today? It replaced the Roman Julian, named after Julius Caesar, calendar.