IGNORED

California Has Decided They Need Trump, After All

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

And some of his supporters too it would seem

I think it is interesting that no one seems to worry about maturity and proper behavior when Trump is on the receiving end of the mockery.  Trump's critics can be as immature and petulant as they please, but suddenly these same critics are the paragons of maturity and proper behavior when it comes to lecturing the rest of us on how Trump should treat his critics.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I think it is interesting that no one seems to worry about maturity and proper behavior when Trump is on the receiving end of the mockery.  Trump's critics can be as immature and petulant as they please, but suddenly these same critics are the paragons of maturity and proper behavior when it comes to lecturing the rest of us on how Trump should treat his critics.

Hey Brother, I just see one or two here that are like that ... most I have talked with agree that this is a two edged sword, cutting both ways.  It's time for all of our elected officials to be mature adults and deal with the issues beforehand and stop being a spoiled child throwing their temper tantrums and causing divisions.  The world would put it as "United we stand, divided we fall" and Christians say " Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation" ... time to take these words seriously before someone turns on the fan ...

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Ezra said:

It's a good opportunity for the President to make a deal with California.  California should stop trying to promote the ridiculous idea of "the Republic of California" and they will receive the help they are asking for.

One has to be careful with biting the hand that feeds you.  Like them or not, Cali funds the federal government more than any other state, by a long shot.  They pay 45% more than the next closest.  Someone has to fund the 75% of the states that get back more from the Fed Govt than they pay in.  

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Hey Brother, I just see one or two here that are like that ... most I have talked with agree that this is a two edged sword, cutting both ways.  It's time for all of our elected officials to be mature adults and deal with the issues beforehand and stop being a spoiled child throwing their temper tantrums and causing divisions.  The world would put it as "United we stand, divided we fall" and Christians say " Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation" ... time to take these words seriously before someone turns on the fan ...

I don't really see a moral equivalence.   Republicans and those of us who did not support Obama didn't obstruct him.   Republicans didnt' slow walk any of his cabinet appointments.   We didn't riot in the streets, we didn't harass celebrities or businesses over any perceived support over Obama.   We didn't beat up his supporters and we didn't sue him over his EO's even though many of them were illegal and he should have been sued over them.  

The Republicans' problem is that they have a circular firing squad and if they would ever get it together and get behind the president, we could undue the living hell that was the Obama presidency.  I would like to see everything Obama did, ripped out of the ground and thrown over the fence, but that won't happen until Republicans  and conservatives get on the same page. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't really see a moral equivalence.   Republicans and those of us who did not support Obama didn't obstruct him.   Republicans didnt' slow walk any of his cabinet appointments.   We didn't riot in the streets, we didn't harass celebrities or businesses over any perceived support over Obama.   We didn't beat up his supporters and we didn't sue him over his EO's even though many of them were illegal and he should have been sued over them.  

The Republicans' problem is that they have a circular firing squad and if they would ever get it together and get behind the president, we could undue the living hell that was the Obama presidency.  I would like to see everything Obama did, ripped out of the ground and thrown over the fence, but that won't happen until Republicans  and conservatives get on the same page. 

That is because you are using such a wide brush in viewing the situation.  I was talking about how immature a lot of our officials are acting today, not what had happened 4 and 8 years ago.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, OneLight said:

That is because you are using such a wide brush in viewing the situation.  I was talking about how immature a lot of our officials are acting today, not what had happened 4 and 8 years ago.

I don't think I am using a broad brush at all.  I am simply drawing a contrast between how we acted when we didnt' get our way and how the Dems and other anti-Trumpers are acting.   I also don't see the president retaliating in kind to the type  of junk he is getting.   I don't see the Republicans doing that either.   I don't see an equal amount of immaturity on both sides.  Not now, and not in the past.   There is simply no viable comparison on that front.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

SCOTUS over turned at least a dozen Executive actions taken by Obama, so clearly someone was suing him over them. 

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't think I am using a broad brush at all.  I am simply drawing a contrast between how we acted when we didnt' get our way and how the Dems and other anti-Trumpers are acting.   I also don't see the president retaliating in kind to the type  of junk he is getting.   I don't see the Republicans doing that either.   I don't see an equal amount of immaturity on both sides.  Not now, and not in the past.   There is simply no viable comparison on that front.

Nobody said it was an equal situation.  As for my comment about the wide brush, and I state again, I was talking about now, you brought in the past.

No, Trump is not saying the same type of garbage, but he really needs to stop tweeting responses.  Personally, I see that as very unbecoming of a President.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, OneLight said:

Nobody said it was an equal situation.  As for my comment about the wide brush, and I state again, I was talking about now, you brought in the past.

No, Trump is not saying the same type of garbage, but he really needs to stop tweeting responses.  Personally, I see that as very unbecoming of a President.

How am I using a wide brush?

He tweets because he gets around a dishonest mainstream media that wants to paint him in the image they want him.  Most of his supporters think he should continue tweeting.  The mainstream media can't be trusted to be honest and tell the truth, they edit sound bites and leave off important information.  We have seen that first hand.   So in this day of tweets and social media where you can get your message out, immediately, he needs to tweet. 

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

SCOTUS over turned at least a dozen Executive actions taken by Obama, so clearly someone was suing him over them. 

It's the SCOTUS' job to do that.  What I am saying is that you didn't see the kind of legal gymnastics with Obama that you have seen thus far with Trump.   And Trump's travel restriction is based the same statute Obama used 19 times.  No one got sued when Obama restricted travel to the US. No one complained.