• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

"Stretchers" is a new term for me. And while I believe in the "inerrancy of Scripture", I also believe in the individual nature of the relationship between each believer and their Savior. What I have discovered from personal experience is that when a believer interacts with the Word of God, often the Holy Spirit leads that individual to an understanding or an experience that is totally unique. It is a personal thing between God and the individual and that is not necessarily "preachable" to others. It is when we have a personal revelation of God to ourselves, for our application, that we begin to represent as "doctrine" that we begin to "stretch" the Word of God.

While God is no respecter of persons, we need to be careful what we impute to God or His Word because it worked once for us. God set this pattern Himself when he flooded the world in judgement....He only did it once. Sometimes singular experiences are just that...one time faith builders to get us past a difficult place. To count on that for EVERY problem becomes presumptuous and religious because it means that we are not continuing to listen to God.

It cost Moses the promised land because God told him to strike the rock only one time to get water. Because Moses had success one time, the next time he didn't hear God to "speak" to the rock, so he struck the rock again and that became the sin that kept him out of the Promised Land. Had Moses been obedient and spoken to the rock, the water would still have poured out, but God would have been glorified instead of Moses' act of striking the rock. Scripture does not record how many Israelites ascribed to the belief that striking rocks could produce water.

We just have to be careful when applying Scripture and interpreting it to others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

23 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

2) There are some peopleĀ  who are very prejudiced- against other races or countries. Such people have actually used the rule forbidding the israelites from marrying the non- Hebrew people of the landĀ  as a condemnation of interracial marriages or with people of particular countries.

counter argument is that Moses married a black woman~~~~~~~~~ but even more to the point- if they say race it must be pointed out there is only one race- the human race-- and that is divided into two families-- saved and unsaved-- but the saved family is always happy to adopt!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BacKaran

My husband and I had our wedding and an engagement notice was in the paper via the county.

I received an envelope full of miss interpreted Scriptures from a man who was finally tracked down.

A plain white envelope, no return address and very bad handwriting plus articles against intermarriage... There was a black white news against intermarriage of races article, and I'm thinking this person is just stupid. A Norwegian can't marry a German? Who is this person sending us this junk.

I tossed it out but years later the anonymous man was tracked down for hate mail.

He spent his time looking through engagement and marriage announcements and sent thousands of these letters with articles to people he deemed were intermarrying which he said was against God's word....without knowing the peoples history.

I can't think if he was fired from his job or not but he had been doing this for decades before he was caught....

The devil really gets people to believe doing an evil deed is really what God wants them to do...... Sad.