• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Basically, yes.

Mr. Trump had previously held no political office.  (Of all the past presidents, I can think of only 2 - Grant and Eisenhower - who achieved that office without ever having held previous political office).

But in practical terms, other things have to 'fall into place' as well.  During our 1992 election cycle, a different billionaire (Ross Perot) ran for president. Obviously he had the monetary means; he had the name recognition; but he was not successful (in part because he ran as a 3rd party candidate). 

Perot committed some major 'faux pas' during his campaign, as did Trump - yet in Perot's case they were fatal to his candidacy. The reasons for that are many, but one chief reason would be that for Trump 'the times were right.'

I appreciate the opportunity to share with someone from outside the country my opinion of what is going on.  I appreciate your curiosity, as well.

I'll just close by saying this situation - having a president that is literally despised by such a large segment of what I call 'the establishment' - is a new one to us as Americans.  No one - as recently as 2 years ago - would have or could have predicted this outcome.  So trying to predict how it will turn out is probably a fools errand.

Please pray for our country.

Blessings,

-Ed

Thanks SBG for your very informative replies to my questions (and everyone else in this thread too). I appreciate your time and effort and it has really shed light on certain areas for me.

Thanks again.