• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Saktmodig said:

I think you are wrong. Like you said yourself, a baby does not magically appears in the womb at conception. It is knitted together for several months. And the soul, the mind, the breath of life is the last piece of the puzzle.

Again opinion that is not based on scripture. Again Saktmodig as I have said in another post I think you have no desire to listen to what God says and are coming up with your own excuses as to why you believe abortion which I call murder is ok. I won't respond anymore to this post. I think your and my discussion is finished at this point. Maybe someone else will be able to communicate God's Word better than I can. I believe abortion is murder and wrong because God said murder is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Wouldn't you agree Saktmodig that if God calls murder sin then should I call murder sin? God is the rule by which we go by not our opinion. I am not judging I am just calling sin what it is. It is very sad that you are ok with murder when God calls it sin. I mean God makes it very clear that murder is sin. Exodus 20:13 ""You shall not murder." I am not sure how we can skirt around this fact that God says it is wrong. But again Satan has a way of disguising sin as something that seems like a lesser evil. 

Who is debating if murder is a sin?

The question is judgement. A judge tells if an act is murder or not. To call something murder is to judge. 

Some would argue that not receiving refugees is murder. Some would argue that eating meet is murder. Some would say that abortion is murder. I say let God be our judge, and let us not judge each other, so that we shall not be judged.

4 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Saktmodig I already did. And very clearly I might add. You just choose to not listen. That is fine. It is your word against what God says. I prefer to trust what God says about life than what your opinion is. Not much I can do at this point. I will let you and the Lord hash this one out.

But you did not explain anything! Did you really think you explained something? 

It was two quotes that said nothing about conception? Do you really believe they did? And why can't you show it to me in that case? 

I think that it is you that have an opinion that you do not have any support for in scripture. You post quotes saying they are saying something they are not, and refuse to explain how you come to that conclusion!

I have posted bible quotes that supports my view, I have explained how I interpret them. God speaks in my heart, and truth shows itself by leaving those who oppose it without arguments. 

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Holding your entire view on that one verse seems kind of weak doesn't it? Especially in context it's not exactly talking about when exactly you become a "person"?

Well it is not all on that quote.

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Here, God indirectly say that the only flesh that is, is flesh that breathes, that is the breath of life.

In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind?

Again, our breath is what makes us human.

For He remembered that they were but flesh, A breath that passes away and does not come again.

We are flesh (body) and breath (soul)

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!

Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:

Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.

Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Saktmodig said:

Well it is not all on that quote.

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Here, God indirectly say that the only flesh that is, is flesh that breathes, that is the breath of life.

In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind?

Again, our breath is what makes us human.

For He remembered that they were but flesh, A breath that passes away and does not come again.

We are flesh (body) and breath (soul)

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!

Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:

Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.

Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.

A baby isn't formed from the earth(like Adam)  but is growing inside a living, breathing woman who possesses the Breath of Life initiated at creation by God  through the giving of life to Adam.

The Breath if Life is very present at conception of a persons life.

There's no argument in that.

Edited by HisFirst

1 minute ago, HisFirst said:

A baby isn't formed from the earth(like Adam)  but is growing inside a living, breathing woman who possesses the Breath of Life initiated at creation by God  through the giving of life to Adam.

The Breath if Life is very present at conception if a persons life.

A woman and a baby do not share a soul. The baby will get its own breath of life when developed enough and born. 

Just now, Saktmodig said:

A woman and a baby do not share a soul. The baby will get its own breath of life when developed enough and born. 

What's sustaining the baby through development? The breath of life through the mother.

If God can give "life" to dried bones as in the OT...please tell me where a soul would fit into that?

Is there two different meanings of "life"?

Edited by HisFirst

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Saktmodig said:

Unlike many of you, I do not believe life starts at conception. 

I believe life is continuous. It was created in the beginning by God, and since, it has ended many times, but never started. Eggs and sperms are very much alive. Cells simply split, and on rare occasions join to create new genetic combinations. 

I do not believe it is life itself that makes us human. Rabbits, weed and bacteria is alive. What makes us human is our immortal soul. And I believe that enters us about the same time we would be able to draw our first breath. (At around 26 weeks of pregnancy) 

I do not believe abortion before that is killing a human being. I see it as preventing a human from coming into existence, no different from abstaining from unprotected sex when given the opportunity. I do not believe miscarriages before that to be humans that died before they were born. 

It grieves my heart how many of you speaks of abortions and how you judge those who have chosen it for themselves. They have not chosen it out of wickedness, but they simply thinks it is the best alternative in their current sistuation, and who are you to judge? Who are you to throw stones? 

Romans 14New King James Version (NKJV)

The Law of Liberty

14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike.Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:

As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e] is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.[f] 22 Do you have faith?[g] Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he doesnot eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.[h]

Job 10:8-12 Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me.9 Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?10 Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese?11 Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.12 Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Job 31:15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?

Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Deuteronomy 27:25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

57 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

I have posted bible quotes that supports my view, I have explained how I interpret them. God speaks in my heart, and truth shows itself by leaving those who oppose it without arguments. 

And here lies the problem. You are interpreting scripture to fit your opinion instead of letting God's Word form your beliefs. If you did the latter you would find that what I have said and how I interpreted scripture to be correct. I find it really sad that you can't see conception in this whole process that God has created. If those verses I gave can't convince you otherwise then there is nothing that can be said that will change your mind. 

To Skatmodig,

From one Christian woman to another,

Is it OK for me as a Christian woman to abort my unborn baby if I decide I don't want it?