IGNORED

God's grace is amazing (story I want to share)

Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't consider this to be a personal testimony (which is why I'm not posting it in that section), but more of an example of God's amazing grace. Just something I thought I'd share.

Last night after I had went to see the new Power Rangers movie (it was OK), I called a Lyft taxi to take me home. When the driver was taking me home, I accidentally cancelled the ride when messing with the Lyft app. The driver got mad and thought I was trying to scam him by getting a free ride. I tried explaining to him it was a mistake, but he didn't believe me. He dropped me off at the nearest gas station, and told me to get out. Afterwards, I requested a new driver to pick me up at the gas station. As for the other driver, I thought he would leave after dropping me off at the gas station, but he didn't. Now, this is when things started to make me feel uneasy.

Five minutes later, the new driver shows up and I get in the car to go home. As we're about to drive off, the guy (who was still there) gets out of his car and runs to the driver's window. He starts trying to convince this driver that I'm up to no good and that she shouldn't trust me because I'm planning to scam and cancel them. He even had the phone in his hand like he was seconds away from calling the police on me. This is where I think he went too far. It's fine to be mad that I cancelled the ride (even if it was an accident), but threatening me with the police and flat-out telling other drivers I'm going to scam them when all I want is a ride home, is crossing the line. 

Thankfully, this new driver just so happened to be a woman from my church. She knows me very well, and knows I would never do something like that. She just kinda dismissed his claims and drove off. It can't be a coincidence that this driver was a lady from my church. God was definitely looking out for me that night. If it had been a driver who didn't know me, they might have believed this guy, and things could have escalated even further. God's grace is truly amazing.

Edited by Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

As someone who drove a Taxi for 10 yrs I can tell you those drivers get burnt more than you think. I never heard of Lyft Taxi and I got out of the field before Uber existed or smart phones. But I can understand how you might have made the 1st driver nervous. Did you know the drivers have to pay for their own gas, bc they do? Did you know drivers aren't paid to do the job? They get about 45% of the fair minus gas. And then they have to tip out the dispatcher. They survive on tips if they survive at all. It's a tough way to make money but sometimes you have no choice. I was 1 of the best drivers around, a fact proven when repeat customers asked for me by name. I consider everyone a good person until they prove otherwise. One night a had a 18 yr old kid who said his mother would pay me when I got him home. That's 1 of the most common bs stories used to not pay. On that particular night 2 other customers had already scammed me so I assumed this kid was doing it too. I was wrong. That was close to 10 yrs ago and I still feel guilty over it. Drivers have to try and 2nd guess the customer and you can't always do it. The first driver you had probably got ripped off once or twice already that night. If only everyone obeyed Jesus and we all treated each other with fairness things like that wouldn't have to happen. There's always 2 sides to a story. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

And then the is the third side... Like with a coin sometimes there is the rare landing  on edge, or in games of chance that extra edge to the house the double zero or Green. Nice thing is God is sovereign, he watches over us, doesn't much matter the odds nor the house edge, our hope is certain as it is placed in Christ Jesus. It is awesome to behold when we see it play out in others and, and a wondrous joy when we get to see flashes of how in even the smallest of adventures of our day, God provides the perfect portion, and satisfies our needs correctly, even when we don't really agree at the time.

Who knows what may have been in store had the first ride continued instead of being abruptly suspended.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/31/2017 at 4:56 AM, JTC said:

Did you know the drivers have to pay for their own gas, bc they do? Did you know drivers aren't paid to do the job? They get about 45% of the fair minus gas. And then they have to tip out the dispatcher. They survive on tips if they survive at all. 

From what I know, Lyft is pretty different than most taxi services (especially when it comes to tipping and gas), but I get what you're saying about taxi services having to put up with crap. Like I said before, though, it wasn't an issue for me when the driver accused me of trying to scam him and told me to get out. Even though I cancelled by accident, I could see why he was frustrated at me. However, If he had just left afterwards or didn't get out of the car, that would have been the end of it. However, when he basically threatened to call the police on me and tried to turn the other driver against me, that's when I feel like he went too far. 

Edited by Amore_Amibo