IGNORED

Does the Body of Christ rule on earth in the millennium?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

55 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Alright, but that doesn't really speak to the fact that Jesus' kingdom will be on the earth during the Millennium.   So I really don't see the point of your response.

The point is that the Lord Jesus Christ is ruling before the millennium in the third heaven. We both agree that He returns to earth to deal with His enemies, deliver Israel and set up the Davidic kingdom. Ezekiel, as we know gives us quite a lot of detail.

`Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again.

They shall not defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling-places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

David my servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; they shall also walk in my judgments and observe my statues, and do them. Then they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob my servant, where your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell there, they, their children, and their children`s children, for ever; and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.` (Ez. 37: 21 - 25)

Thus we read that God is setting up a regent king, David, the prince that Ezekiel talks about having sons and inheritance. (Ez. 46: 16)

This shows us that the Lord Jesus Christ, Israel`s Messiah does not rule on the earth but is the authority of the throne.

Guest shiloh357
18 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The point is that the Lord Jesus Christ is ruling before the millennium in the third heaven. We both agree that He returns to earth to deal with His enemies, deliver Israel and set up the Davidic kingdom. Ezekiel, as we know gives us quite a lot of detail.

`Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again.

They shall not defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling-places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

David my servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; they shall also walk in my judgments and observe my statues, and do them. Then they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob my servant, where your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell there, they, their children, and their children`s children, for ever; and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.` (Ez. 37: 21 - 25)

Thus we read that God is setting up a regent king, David, the prince that Ezekiel talks about having sons and inheritance. (Ez. 46: 16)

This shows us that the Lord Jesus Christ, Israel`s Messiah does not rule on the earth but is the authority of the throne.

Jesus and David will both be on earth.   Jesus' throne will be in the Temple (Ezek. 43:7)   David will reign as His co-regent, probably from Jerusalem.   There is nothing about King David reigning as Jesus' co-regent that requires Jesus to be in Heaven.

You're making this more complicated than it needs to be. 

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus and David will both be on earth.   Jesus' throne will be in the Temple (Ezek. 43:7)   David will reign as His co-regent, probably from Jerusalem.   There is nothing about King David reigning as Jesus' co-regent that requires Jesus to be in Heaven.

You're making this more complicated than it needs to be. 

That would make 2 thrones there Shiloh, 2 kings on different thrones. Remember God said -

`...one king shall be king over them all...` (Ez. 37: 22)

So we have a king David and King Jesus, on the throne of David. So how does that work?

Well, we know that Jesus as the Son of Man is entitled to David`s throne. However He has a throne in glory where He will have His coronation, (as you said). In His Deity possessing the attribute of omnipresence the Lord could be in both places at the same time, however as the God-man in His glorified body He is visible and tangible.

Thus I believe that the Lord in His glorified body rules from His throne in the third heaven and has the authority over the throne of David on earth. Then there is only one king on earth, king David, the Prince, who will rule under the authority of the Lord.  

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

That would make 2 thrones there Shiloh, 2 kings on different thrones. Remember God said -

So we have a king David and King Jesus, on the throne of David. So how does that work?

Well, we know that Jesus as the Son of Man is entitled to David`s throne. However He has a throne in glory where He will have His coronation, (as you said). In His Deity possessing the attribute of omnipresence the Lord could be in both places at the same time, however as the God-man in His glorified body He is visible and tangible.

Thus I believe that the Lord in His glorified body rules from His throne in the third heaven and has the authority over the throne of David on earth. Then there is only one king on earth, king David, the Prince, who will rule under the authority of the Lord.  

I should not have referred to David as a King in connection to the Millennium.  My bad.  David is referenced as a prince during that time period.   He will rule under Jesus.   Jesus will rule the entire world on earth including the restored nation of Israel.   David the prince will be his vice-regent probably in Jerusalem and environs. 

The problem for your view is that Jesus' throne is still located on earth Ezek. 43:7).  And He is more than simply entitled to the throne of David.  He must inhabit the throne of David on earth in order to fulfill biblical, Messianic prophecy.  David's throne is always on earth, and the Messiah is the King of Israel and must rule Israel as their king in order to fulfill Messianic prophecy.  The role of Messiah is not a heavenly or redemptive role.  It is connected to God's blessings for Israel on earth. 

18 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I should not have referred to David as a King in connection to the Millennium.  My bad.  David is referenced as a prince during that time period.  

`David my servant shall be king over them....... my servant David shall be their prince.` (Ez. 37: 24 & 25)

`...they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 30: 9)

I believe you were right to call David as a king for that is what God`s word says.

Guest shiloh357
51 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

`David my servant shall be king over them....... my servant David shall be their prince.` (Ez. 37: 24 & 25)

`...they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 30: 9)

I believe you were right to call David as a king for that is what God`s word says.

The problem is that Jesus will be the greater King.   David will rule over a small area as a king, but is under Jesus and is called a "prince," as Jesus' subordinate ruler.   But Jesus will be the King over the whole world and Messiah of Israel.   He has to do that on earth.   "Messiah" is an earthly title for an earthly King.   Jesus and David will rule concurrently on earth.   It really is that simple. 

On ‎2‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, shiloh357 said:

But we see in Daniel 7: 13-14 that Jesus is going to be given an earthly Kingdom and, consistent with many other passages regarding the Millennium, in Scripture all flesh on earth will worship Him while he is in His Millennial Temple, on earth.  (Is. 2: 2-4, 66:23-24; Zech. 14:16-17; Micah 4:1-4).

I will now look at the different scriptures you have said that supports your view. I`ll do one at a time so you have the opportunity to reply.

…we see in Daniel 7: 13-14 that Jesus is going to be given an earthly Kingdom,`

`I was watching in the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His  kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed.` (Dan. 7: 13 & 14)

Kingdom - Heb. from `malak,`meaning to rule.

`Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a `rule,....`

We know that the millennial kingdom will pass away, and be destroyed, as the earth is burnt up. Thus it cannot just be the earthly kingdom as you said.

What is being referred to here is Christ`s rule, which shall never pass away or be destroyed. His rule will be over those in the third heaven, the New Jerusalem and those on the earth. That is the `kingdom,` the rulership that is given to the Son, not just the earthly kingdom (rule) you said.

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I will now look at the different scriptures you have said that supports your view. I`ll do one at a time so you have the opportunity to reply.

…we see in Daniel 7: 13-14 that Jesus is going to be given an earthly Kingdom,`

`I was watching in the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His  kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed.` (Dan. 7: 13 & 14)

Kingdom - Heb. from `malak,`meaning to rule.

`Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a `rule,....`

We know that the millennial kingdom will pass away, and be destroyed, as the earth is burnt up. Thus it cannot just be the earthly kingdom as you said.

What is being referred to here is Christ`s rule, which shall never pass away or be destroyed. His rule will be over those in the third heaven, the New Jerusalem and those on the earth. That is the `kingdom,` the rulership that is given to the Son, not just the earthly kingdom (rule) you said.

The millennium is just the first 1,000 years of His eternal reign.    The form it takes during the millennium will not remain, to be sure, as the earth will be destroyed and there will be new heaven and new earth.  His earthly reign will continue into the new earth and new heaven, but it will take on a radically different form, as there will be no temple,  sin is forever eradicated from the universe that will exist at that time, and all enemies have been forever destroyed.   His earthly reign is projected on further into the day of judgment and on into eternity. 

38 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The millennium is just the first 1,000 years of His eternal reign.    The form it takes during the millennium will not remain, to be sure, as the earth will be destroyed and there will be new heaven and new earth.  His earthly reign will continue into the new earth and new heaven, but it will take on a radically different form, as there will be no temple,  sin is forever eradicated from the universe that will exist at that time, and all enemies have been forever destroyed.   His earthly reign is projected on further into the day of judgment and on into eternity. 

Amen bro, isn`t that wonderful!

On ‎2‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, shiloh357 said:

But we see in Daniel 7: 13-14 that Jesus is going to be given an earthly Kingdom and, consistent with many other passages regarding the Millennium, in Scripture all flesh on earth will worship Him while he is in His Millennial Temple, on earth.  (Is. 2: 2-4, 66:23-24; Zech. 14:16-17; Micah 4:1-4).

Isaiah 2: 2 - 4  & Micah 4: 1 - 4.

`Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord`s house shall be established on the top of the mountains. And shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it.

Many people shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths.”

For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations, and shall rebuke many people; they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.`

So how does the Lord teach and judge the peoples.

`I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counsellors as at the beginning. Afterwards you shall be called the city of righteousness , the faithful city.` (Isa. 1: 26)

`...the priests ...shall teach my people...In controversy they shall stand as judges and judge it according to my judgments. They shall keep my laws and my statutes in all my appointed meetings and they shall hallow my Sabbaths.` (Ez. 44: 23 & 24)

Here we see that the priests teach and judge different matters. This is the  administration of God`s theocratic government over Israel - the law and the word by judges.