IGNORED

Does the Body of Christ rule on earth in the millennium?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And if that position needed to be filled, how do you know it hasn't already been filled?  I mean, if God is not the author of confusion, then why would he tolerate confusion and disorder by leaving Lucifer's position unfilled until someone unknown time in the future?   Whey would not not Lucifer's position filled immediately since God is a God of order and doesn't tolerate disorder?

Jesus prevailed over the enemy at His death and resurrection.   But that passage in Revelation 5 has nothing to do with filling the position vacated by Lucifer when He rebelled against God.    Lucifer did not hold the position that is filled by Jesus.    So you are mistaken in applying this to that issue.

And the Bible doesn't anywhere say that the position of Lucifer needs to be filled by any other angel, or that Heaven is in disorder because of the loss of Satan and 1/3  of the angels of Heaven.

God`s word tells us that all authority and power was created by the Lord.

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

God gave Lucifer some authority over angels but when sin was found in him he was cast out of the third heaven. The authority he had is God`s. God in His omniscience, purposed that His Son would hold all authority and power throughout God`s great kingdom.

`God....having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the fullness of the times he might gather in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Him.` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

Thus it was not until Christ rose from the dead and ascended to the Father`s right hand, that we understand that `a man,` a glorified man` is now in the highest heavens. God the Father, as we know then said -

`Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps. 110: 1)

When that takes place then God the Father will tell His Son to -

`Rule in the midst of your enemies!` Ps. 110: 2)

Jesus, the Son of God will then rule with all authority and power. He will rule `on His own throne,` meaning with the authority and power given by God the Father.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

God`s word tells us that all authority and power was created by the Lord.

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

God gave Lucifer some authority over angels but when sin was found in him he was cast out of the third heaven. The authority he had is God`s. God in His omniscience, purposed that His Son would hold all authority and power throughout God`s great kingdom.

`God....having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the fullness of the times he might gather in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Him.` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

Thus it was not until Christ rose from the dead and ascended to the Father`s right hand, that we understand that `a man,` a glorified man` is now in the highest heavens. God the Father, as we know then said -

`Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps. 110: 1)

When that takes place then God the Father will tell His Son to -

`Rule in the midst of your enemies!` Ps. 110: 2)

Jesus, the Son of God will then rule with all authority and power. He will rule `on His own throne,` meaning with the authority and power given by God the Father.

None of that answers the question, though.   Why is God waiting 6,000 + years to to fill a position vacated by Satan? 

You're grabbing a whole lot of verses that have nothing to do with each other contextually and stringing them together like lights on a Christmas tree to make the Bible appear to say what you need it to say, and you're forcing assumptions on to the texts in the process of doing so.

The Bible recognizes no need to fill any position vacated by Satan and his angels.  That is something you're making up and trying to get the Bible to support.   When you have to work this hard to support something from Scripture, it proves that your position isn't supported from the Bible. 

Ps. 110:1-2 is fulfilled on earth, not in Heaven.  It is about Jesus' earthly reign.   Jesus cannot rule in the midst of His enemies in Heaven, as Jesus' enemies will be on earth (the offspring of Tribulation saints who survived the Tribulation who will reject him and join Satan's final rebellion).

Was waiting for the `Christmas tree lights,` comment. You didn`t disappoint.:rolleyes:

Will now go and put together my reply.

23 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

None of that answers the question, though.   Why is God waiting 6,000 + years to to fill a position vacated by Satan? 

The Bible recognizes no need to fill any position vacated by Satan and his angels.  That is something you're making up and trying to get the Bible to support.   When you have to work this hard to support something from Scripture, it proves that your position isn't supported from the Bible. 

You are misunderstanding me. Lucifer was given authority by God as `the anointed cherub that covers,` but when he sinned he lost that authority. So I think I will rephrase your question.

`Why is God waiting 6,000 + years to give authority in the third heaven?`

God is just and fair and gives different ones some authority and the opportunity to rule, for all to see who is worthy to rule over all.

Lucifer was given some authority, but he was shown to be morally unfit.

Adam was given some authority, but was shown to be morally unfit.

Israel was given some authority, but was shown to be morally unfit.

The Gentiles have been given some authority and are also showing that they are morally unfit.

However in God`s timing He sent His Son who manifested as a man, lived a moral life & was killed. He arose triumphant from the grave, as death could not hold Him, and ascended to the Father`s `right hand.` So now there is a man, a glorified man in the third heaven who will bring many sons to glory. He is the worthy one to have the Father`s authority in the third heaven.

This was kept secret by God and if Satan had known he would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

`However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this are, who are coming to nothing. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.` (1 Cor. 2: 6 - 8)

23 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Ps. 110:1-2 is fulfilled on earth, not in Heaven.  It is about Jesus' earthly reign.   Jesus cannot rule in the midst of His enemies in Heaven, as Jesus' enemies will be on earth (the offspring of Tribulation saints who survived the Tribulation who will reject him and join Satan's final rebellion).

We know that the Lord ascended to the Father`s right hand, (Ps.110:1) when He had by Himself purged our sins, (Heb.1: 3) Then the Father tells Him to `sit` there, (symbolically waiting) till He, the Father makes the Lord`s enemies His footstool. (Ps. 110: 2) This is now over 2,000 years later.

Then when the Father says `rule in the midst of your enemies!` the Lord is given the authority to execute the Father`s judgments. Jesus said -

`For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,..` (John 5: 22)

Ps. 110 shows some of these judgments, however the book of Revelation reveals much more. The 24 elders representing the overcomers, worship and say -

`We give you thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the one who is and who was and who is to come, because you have taken your great power and reigned.` (Rev. 11: 17)

Here are some judgments in the tribulation -

- Satan and his fallen angels are cast out of the middle heavens to the earth. (Rev. 12: 7 - 9)

- The judgment of the whore. (Rev. 17)

- The judgment of the city of Babylon. (Rev. 18)

Those who overcame the `beast` but were martyred, sing -

`Great and marvellous are your works, Lord God almighty....for your judgments have been manifested.` (Rev. 15: 2 - 4)

- `He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath, (Ps. 110: 5  & Rev. 19: 17 - 21)

- `He shall judge among the nations.` (Ps. 110: 6, & Matt. 25: 31 - 46)

Judgments in the millennium.

- Judgment upon those nations in the millennium who do not go up to Jerusalem. (Zech. 14: 16 - 19)

- Judgment upon the nations & Satan who surround Jerusalem. (Rev. 20: 7 - 10)

- The final enemy, is death. (1 Cor. 15: 26)

So we realise that the Lord will rule putting down all rule and all authority and power, (over a long period of time)for He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. (1 Cor. 15: 24 & 25)

Guest shiloh357
On 5/5/2017 at 2:53 AM, Marilyn C said:

You are misunderstanding me. Lucifer was given authority by God as `the anointed cherub that covers,` but when he sinned he lost that authority. So I think I will rephrase your question.

Sorry, but you don't get to rephrase my questions.   You don't get to pick the question I ask you.

God is just and fair and gives different ones some authority and the opportunity to rule, for all to see who is worthy to rule over all.

Lucifer was given some authority, but he was shown to be morally unfit.

Adam was given some authority, but was shown to be morally unfit.

Israel was given some authority, but was shown to be morally unfit.

The Gentiles have been given some authority and are also showing that they are morally unfit.

What does any of that have to do with God filling the position left by Lucifer when he fell?   The Bible doesn't support any of he above.   That is nothing more than conjecture.

Guest shiloh357
On 5/5/2017 at 2:56 AM, Marilyn C said:

We know that the Lord ascended to the Father`s right hand, (Ps.110:1) when He had by Himself purged our sins, (Heb.1: 3) Then the Father tells Him to `sit` there, (symbolically waiting) till He, the Father makes the Lord`s enemies His footstool. (Ps. 110: 2) This is now over 2,000 years later.

Then when the Father says `rule in the midst of your enemies!` the Lord is given the authority to execute the Father`s judgments. Jesus said -

`For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,..` (John 5: 22)

Ps. 110 shows some of these judgments, however the book of Revelation reveals much more. The 24 elders representing the overcomers, worship and say -

`We give you thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the one who is and who was and who is to come, because you have taken your great power and reigned.` (Rev. 11: 17)

Here are some judgments in the tribulation -

- Satan and his fallen angels are cast out of the middle heavens to the earth. (Rev. 12: 7 - 9)

- The judgment of the whore. (Rev. 17)

- The judgment of the city of Babylon. (Rev. 18)

Those who overcame the `beast` but were martyred, sing -

`Great and marvellous are your works, Lord God almighty....for your judgments have been manifested.` (Rev. 15: 2 - 4)

- `He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath, (Ps. 110: 5  & Rev. 19: 17 - 21)

- `He shall judge among the nations.` (Ps. 110: 6, & Matt. 25: 31 - 46)

Judgments in the millennium.

- Judgment upon those nations in the millennium who do not go up to Jerusalem. (Zech. 14: 16 - 19)

- Judgment upon the nations & Satan who surround Jerusalem. (Rev. 20: 7 - 10)

- The final enemy, is death. (1 Cor. 15: 26)

So we realise that the Lord will rule putting down all rule and all authority and power, (over a long period of time)for He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. (1 Cor. 15: 24 & 25)

You need to stop trying to teach and actually address my comments and refute what I said.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Sorry, but you don't get to rephrase my questions.   You don't get to pick the question I ask you.

What does any of that have to do with God filling the position left by Lucifer when he fell?   The Bible doesn't support any of he above.   That is nothing more than conjecture.

I never said that God would fill Lucifer`s position. Just your misinterpretation of what I said.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

You need to stop trying to teach and actually address my comments and refute what I said.

This is what you said - 

`Ps. 110:1-2 is fulfilled on earth, not in Heaven.  It is about Jesus' earthly reign.   Jesus cannot rule in the midst of His enemies in Heaven, as Jesus' enemies will be on earth (the offspring of Tribulation saints who survived the Tribulation who will reject him and join Satan's final rebellion).`

and my reply was showing that it is not entirely accurate. Jesus was given authority by the Father to bring judgments and that begins in the tribulation as I showed. Jesus began ruling over the demonic forces, over the nations, in the tribulation, and not just on earth in the millennium as you think.

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I never said that God would fill Lucifer`s position. Just your misinterpretation of what I said.

Yes you did.  Well, you used the word "restore."   You said that his position needs to be restored.   I used the word "fill" several times in our conversation and only now are you back peddling away from that.  Presumably because you can't really support it.