• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 5/23/2017 at 10:10 PM, creativemechanic said:

Theres a cliff in australia that became a popular suicide point. However, one man who lived nearby saved many of these people. When he saw them there prepping to jump, he'd invite them inside for a cup of coffee and a chat.

Theres a reason I posted that story, something Ive noticed that we Christians can do  that while well intentioned and nothing wrong with it may be not totally correct.

Scenario- Bob sees Steve looking down, He asks him if hes ok. Steve says no, Bob then tells him something like  God knows your struggle and Ill pray for you and goes about his way. And that's it. He doesnt take the time to ask Steve whats the issue or show any interest.

The issue is this-Like the man in the first story, we never know what impact we can have by  taking the time to show some interest or concern in peoples lives and issues. By all means pray for them and tell them about Gods love but  why not ask them if they want to talk or take the time to try to help?

I flat out hate it when Im feeling depressed and when I tell someone they tell me something super spiritual or say theyll pray but dont take the time to at least ask me what happened and Im not the only one who pointes that out.

This isnt meant to blast people for being uncaring because Im sure we are but its something I think we all should be mindful of in the situation.

Hi CreativeMechanic, thanks so much for your post.  It was interesting to read and gives something to think about.:read: