• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Are you running antivirus software?  You should run a scan of your system straight away, Chee.

I did. :( That scared me to see that red banner pop-up window appear, then this other system check window over it, and then to hear this audio come on out of nowhere telling me malware has been detected on my system.  
My antivirus didn't find anything. I'm wondering if I should run something that may be more thorough than Windows Defender? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 minute ago, PlanetChee said:

I did. :( That scared me to see that red banner pop-up window appear, then this other system check window over it, and then to hear this audio come on out of nowhere telling me malware has been detected on my system.  
My antivirus didn't find anything. I'm wondering if I should run something that may be more thorough than Windows Defender? 

So an audio came on?  It's a scam; they will tell you they're microsoft too.  They are not; Microsoft doesn't contact one if there is a virus.  Btw, Windows Defender is not antivirus although it will detect malware and some other stuff.  I do suggest you get PC Matic, which I am switching to when my Norton subscription is up.  PC Matic is highly rated and works against ransomware, which most AVs do not.  You can rid yourself of that bug you picked up by restoring your system to a point before today.  Just use System Restore. 

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

So an audio came on?  It's a scam; they will tell you they're microsoft too.  They are not; Microsoft doesn't contact one if there is a virus.  Btw, Windows Defender is not antivirus although it will detect malware and some other stuff.  I do suggest you get PC Matic, which I am switching to when my Norton subscription is up.  PC Matic is highly rated and works against ransomware, which most AVs do not.  You can rid yourself of that bug you picked up by restoring your system to a point before today.  Just use System Restore. 

Yes, a woman's voice started speaking as soon as the red bannered window popped and the system warning window did too. 

I thought it was a system part of the Defender. 

I'll check PC Matic and run it. Thank you. 

TTYL. Hopefully on a computer that's not been effected. :( 

7 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

Yes, a woman's voice started speaking as soon as the red bannered window popped and the system warning window did too. 

I thought it was a system part of the Defender. 

I'll check PC Matic and run it. Thank you. 

TTYL. Hopefully on a computer that's not been effected. :( 

My guess is that your computer is fine.  You just need to get rid of that little bug.  Did you do a System Restore? 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Katy Perry was raised Christian and now says she's atheist. Clueless, only begins to describe how lost Ms.Perry is. I'm proud of this Seal. What does she think Navy Seals are anyway? Performance acts at Sea World? Wait, I've met Ms. Perry, that could be it. :whistling:

1 hour ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Katy Perry was raised Christian and now says she's atheist. Clueless, only begins to describe how lost Ms.Perry is. I'm proud of this Seal. What does she think Navy Seals are anyway? Performance acts at Sea World? Wait, I've met Ms. Perry, that could be it. :whistling:

It'sad that she became an atheist.  Truthfully, she doesn't strike me as very smart though.  Cool username, SW, and welcome to Worthy!

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

My guess is that your computer is fine.  You just need to get rid of that little bug.  Did you do a System Restore? 

I had no idea there was a virus alert scam out there. That's so wrong in so many ways. Especially when it makes your heart skip a beat thinking you've just had your computer compromised. 

Thank you for telling me about that. 
Yes, I restored my system to last night. And I'm now running a scan with the PCMatic that I downloaded. :) Hoping for the best and that your guess is spot on. 

1 hour ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Isn't her father a pastor too? Which would be doubly sad that she's turned atheist. I'll look for that because I'm sure it had to make news of some sort. 

I knew something was wrong when of all things Russel Brand divorced her! As crazy wild as he is and he divorced her? Via a text message letting her know that he was going to file no less. :( 

Katy Perry's Preacher Dad Has Plenty to Say About Pop Star's Superbowl Performance

Her interview with Rolling Stone a few years ago was very odd. A friend has been a subscriber to that magazine for years and told me about it.

I had to search out this quote from that article. "Listen," she says, "if the Illuminati exist, I would like to be invited! I see all that ____, and I'm like, 'Come on, let me in! I want to be in the club!'  I can't link the Rolling Stone article because it would be inappropriate for all that's included on their page where this interview appears. 

4 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

I had no idea there was a virus alert scam out there. That's so wrong in so many ways. Especially when it makes your heart skip a beat thinking you've just had your computer compromised. 

Thank you for telling me about that. 
Yes, I restored my system to last night. And I'm now running a scan with the PCMatic that I downloaded. :) Hoping for the best and that your guess is spot on. 

Good, I'm glad you did all that, Chee.  Oh, and don't ever call the people or let anyone have remote control of your computer.  I know someone who did that and ended up paying fifty dollars for stuff he didn't need; there WAS no virus.  They get you on some websites with this fake virus alert, which is malware.  We have to be vigilant all the time and having a strong antivirus is key.  I'm only dumping Norton because they have nearly doubled their yearly price but they have kept me virus free for five years.  PC Matic is in the top three, btw.  Downloading AdBlocker helps too and it's free.