IGNORED

Did Paul Have a Woman as His Pastor? (Charisma News)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

I see your point. Willa's entire post is found at that site. The author linked the source for the dialog but those don't work anymore. 

You're suppose to link your sources aren't you? When copying someone's text from another source? You've not done that here. 

That's a really sorry way to see things. Women fight for equality because men thinking they're superior argue repeatedly and against even Paul's word, much less God's, in the case of Christian males, that women are to be inferior and subservient and less than men. And their authority for saying that in order to avoid accepting they are sinning as sexist bigots  is, "God said it." 

And nothing , not even God's actual word, changes their mind. God doesn't think like we do. He says so. That means the cultural discrimination against the female sex isn't God's. Wasn't Gods. 
That passage in Genesis that was shared here? Refutes your argument completely. We're all made in the image and likeness of God. Who is sovereign over his creation. Thinking part of himself is inferior to the other part is absurd. 

Argue as you want to. Display the teachings of Christ in that way. That his Father inspired writers, all males by the way, to tell the world for all time that he supports gender discrimination. And in that manner appear Christlike. 
Anyone who hears that can prove that's not true . All they have to do is read the new testament. And then look toward the Christlike that say those things about God and realize , that's not Christ. Obviously. It is right there in writing. And in Paul's letters. All one in Christ Jesus. No male or female. Meaning, as Paul would know because of the Pharisaical background he had as one educated in the law of God, that there was not the gender inequality he once taught. And refusing to accept what his letter meant about women being quiet in church doesn't represent someone is committed to the truth of Paul's letters. It represents they're committed to gender discrimination while implicating Paul. 

Women are to be quiet in church? That's why there isn't a single woman serving in the choir. Teaching in Sunday school. Leading a prayer on Sunday morning. Sharing their testimony aloud. Going door to door proselytizing. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, and preaching!

This discussion will go forever.Because men refuse to believe women can be equal. Must bug the heck out of that kind of man that women can have babies and not be married. They can vote. They can pursue careers where men that think like that pay them less than their male colleagues. There's the ideal atmosphere. Inequality in the work place. Woo hoo! 

In the beginning God made woman and man in his likeness and image. And then he called the woman inferior being part of his parts. :bored-1: Imagine such men making your kind of argument before the throne of God after they're dead.  Hi God! I believed in you. And I believed you were a gender bigot and told us so and meant us to live believing that and converting others to believe it too. Page after page, argument after argument intending to tell people the sin of gender discrimination, bigotry, that humans had to repent of was righteous for you God. :D

And afterward when God hears all that nonsense being defended? Ewwww, that's gonna hurt. What's really pathetic is women that argue they are doormats. And God approves. That God would never trust them to deliver his word. He trusted them to prophecy his word. But to deliver the word of salvation about his son? Noooooo. That's just not defensible. No matter how people twist the scripture to think it is. 

Paul died for holding to his teaching the truth. What a horrible disrespect to twist his words to show disrespect toward women who were created in the image and likeness of God just as men were. God has a lesser inferior image and likeness that he shared with that female creation. That's what men like you describe are hoping to teach. 

Balderdash! 

Amen! 

I believe you are right. This dialog would go on forever if we attempted to change the mind of that which speaks against God's creation and power and Christ and his sacrifice. As well as entertained the notion concession was possible when Paul's letters are twisted in order to promote gender discrimination as God's covenant, while his letters that repeal discrimination in its entirety are ignored. Have you noticed that? They're completely ignored. As if they don't exist. 

Pray for that which testifies against God, Christ and his example, and Paul. God's mercy will have to find them. Because we cannot extricate that which argues to stay in sin. 

Thanks for your post. I had hoped this could be an informative thread rather than a campaign bandwagon championing sin and gender division in the name of something other than what we know as Christians. Maybe there is hope. Thanks again. Blessings, 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Absolem said:

Titus 2:4

Phoebe must have exemplified the role to earn the title she had.

Paul commended Phoebe for her service as what is today a minister in the church in Cenchreae. And Priscilla and her husband Aquilla, who had a home church and served there as ministers together. Priscilla, Prisca as she is sometimes called, was tortured and martyred for her faith. I would agree they all exemplified their faith and calling to service by God. 

13 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

Amen! 

I believe you are right. This dialog would go on forever if we attempted to change the mind of that which speaks against God's creation and power and Christ and his sacrifice. As well as entertained the notion concession was possible when Paul's letters are twisted in order to promote gender discrimination as God's covenant, while his letters that repeal discrimination in its entirety are ignored. Have you noticed that? They're completely ignored. As if they don't exist. 

Pray for that which testifies against God, Christ and his example, and Paul. God's mercy will have to find them. Because we cannot extricate that which argues to stay in sin. 

Thanks for your post. I had hoped this could be an informative thread rather than a campaign bandwagon championing sin and gender division in the name of something other than what we know as Christians. Maybe there is hope. Thanks again. Blessings, 

Every last female pastor in a church is proof of God's calling. No not all of them, just as with male pastors, are good pastors. However, they are there and God calls whom he will into his service after his grace called them to be saved. All that is being renounced when women in posts of service to God are condemned for their sex. 

Do you notice what else is ignored besides Paul's letters? That verse in Genesis wherein God created male and female in his image and likeness. What else from the new testament? This is glaring because it hearkens back to the old and again it is as you say Paul's letters that are being ignored. Because how can you twist this in order to promote sexism in the name of Paul, Christ and God? 1 Corinthians 15:21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned 

But women aren't fit to pastor the good news that saves all people who are living in death now? Because as women they're less than? When it was one man that damned us all in the beginning? 

I used a link I found here to search topics in scripture. Open Bible site. Phoebe and verses pertaining to her. https://www.openbible.info/topics/phoebe

1 hour ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Every last female pastor in a church is proof of God's calling. No not all of them, just as with male pastors, are good pastors. However, they are there and God calls whom he will into his service after his grace called them to be saved. All that is being renounced when women in posts of service to God are condemned for their sex. 

Do you notice what else is ignored besides Paul's letters? That verse in Genesis wherein God created male and female in his image and likeness. What else from the new testament? This is glaring because it hearkens back to the old and again it is as you say Paul's letters that are being ignored. Because how can you twist this in order to promote sexism in the name of Paul, Christ and God? 1 Corinthians 15:21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned 

But women aren't fit to pastor the good news that saves all people who are living in death now? Because as women they're less than? When it was one man that damned us all in the beginning? 

I used a link I found here to search topics in scripture. Open Bible site. Phoebe and verses pertaining to her. https://www.openbible.info/topics/phoebe

Bless you for sharing the letters of Paul from Corinthians and Romans. A great rebuttal for that which argues men are superior. It certainly isn't supported by God's words. 

17 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Bless you for sharing the letters of Paul from Corinthians and Romans. A great rebuttal for that which argues men are superior. It certainly isn't supported by God's words. 

I would wonder how many people are sincere when they make their argument that God discriminates against women. Really. The totality of the Bible itself will have us know that God is beyond our comprehension. And his word tells us that. How then does it make sense that God would have our failings when that collective of persons argues that God thinks women are inferior just like they do? 

The Bible is full of examples of God calling women to power.  

Genesis 3:22-23 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "So the LORD God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

5 hours ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

I would wonder how many people are sincere when they make their argument that God discriminates against women. Really. The totality of the Bible itself will have us know that God is beyond our comprehension. And his word tells us that. How then does it make sense that God would have our failings when that collective of persons argues that God thinks women are inferior just like they do? 

The Bible is full of examples of God calling women to power.  

Genesis 3:22-23 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "So the LORD God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

When the antagonist protagonist model writes itself in Hollywood scripts it is with the idea of making millions in return at the box office. 
When it writes itself in political forums , religious forums, celebrity forums, it makes for page counts. And in one case of a site where it was impossible to miss, it was for revenue. Every page of every thread there would generate another banner advertisement. And the advertisers paid for every advertisement, on every page. Generating more pages gleaned more revenue for that sites owner. 

And then I think you have to remember, there are some personalities that get off on being contentious. Just to see how their behavior gets others to react. 

There is nothing that says God doesn't call women to preach.  That there is one woman preacher in the world who hasn't been struck dead for violating God's ordinance against that, were it to exist, is enough. But you'll always meet people who are prejudice. Look at the KKK. Mentioned in that other thread. And those dunce cap models think they're Christians. Representing Jesus Christ. Who's a Jew. But they will tell you that's just a lie. He was a white man! No kidding, they will tell you that because I've walked into KKK rallies that dared to march down the main avenue in town's where I've been visiting and right in the middle of the rally engaged their dragon. I have to know what stokes hate. So I ask. 

Anyway, when I talked to enough KKK members to realize it wasn't just one person who claimed it was a Jewish conspiracy to claim Jesus was a Jew, I realized then that people will defend God is an advocate behind their prejudice when they first believe they need a higher power to support their own personal deficit. One of those, it isn't me! God says it too! 

It's true. No one will change the mind of the sexist on this topic. To argue over and over again that God displays prejudice against women when God's own words say otherwise, is going to get you nowhere. There's a quote that I found a long time ago. I use to have it as a bumper sticker on my car but it faded and I never bothered to replace it. My inspiration for affixing it to my car was I found it in a novelty shop a month after 9-11. 

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.
- Anne Lamott

I enter discussions where people have arguments defending God as bias and I hope to turn them to the scriptures to show they're wrong. When the obtuse or the prejudiced refuse to learn from God himself and his word, but they'll augment his word to their style of thinking , I remember that quote. And then it is easier to let them be. 

Because we all answer to God in the end. And that woman who gave her life to spread the gospel is certainly not going to be condemned by God when it comes time. Especially if she was martyred in the process. While that which says God holds the same prejudice against women's authority as they do will have to explain why that would seem appropriate to argue when God is sovereign. And men and women are all created from him. 

As the question before was asked. Which part of God in that creation of both male and female in his image did God make inferior so as to then make female? 

And being one man is responsible for God sending his only begotten son to die so as to take the sins of the world upon himself on the cross, male intellect standing superior to a woman's really isn't in evidence. From the beginning. 

18 hours ago, Yowm said:

It's rather an indication of the apostasy predicted in the Last Days.

Actually, denying God's sovereignty is that. An example being second guessing his calling of those whom he will to ministry. 

18 hours ago, Yowm said:

You seem to have difficulty in differentiating between a woman preacher ..as in evangelist or missionary, and a woman pastor..as in having authority over a man.

Sure, woman can preach, that strawman won't stand.

Different roles does not equate to inferiority or superiority. An old trick of the left.

That is a lot of confusion there. What a shame. God be with you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:
18 hours ago, Yowm said:

You seem to have difficulty in differentiating between a woman preacher ..as in evangelist or missionary, and a woman pastor..as in having authority over a man.

Sure, woman can preach, that strawman won't stand.

Different roles does not equate to inferiority or superiority. An old trick of the left.

That is a lot of confusion there. What a shame. God be with you. 

Yes, there is.  I will pray for you.

4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yes, there is.  I will pray for you.

Excellent. The more that pray for Yowm the better. :)