IGNORED

Did Paul Have a Woman as His Pastor? (Charisma News)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Just now, PlanetChee said:

Excellent. The more that pray for Yowm the better. :) 

Nice twist.  You do this so well.  I am praying for you about your confusion.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Personal attacks are against the rules here. I'm not confused one bit. I see very clearly who you are. Now, will you prosecute the rules against me because you can? Being above them yourself? As you prove when you slander my faith, attack my beliefs, write your own strange perspective into it , and then call me names? And then feign sympathy for my misunderstanding of what you left in print? 

And target me for posts like this? It's God's word. If you and others are against women pastors, that's not anyone's problem. God calls. People judge. 
:)  

Edited by PlanetChee

21 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

Personal attacks are against the rules here. I'm not confused one bit. I see very clearly who you are. Now, will you prosecute the rules against me because you can? Being above them yourself? As you prove when you slander my faith, attack my beliefs, write your own strange perspective into it , and then call me names? And then feign sympathy for my misunderstanding of what you left in print? 

And target me for posts like this? It's God's word. If you and others are against women pastors, that's not anyone's problem. God calls. People judge. 

What personal attack?  Since when does truth become an attack?  You knew very well that I was speaking to you, yet you twisted it by removing the focus off of you and to place it on Yown.

I see Progressive Christianity an error that is dividing the true body of Christ.  Men and Women are different and God has given each their place.  Progressive Christianity seeks an all inclusive approach to scripture when scripture does not. 

I target error, and if that happens to fall upon you, so be it.  I am not going to refrain from correcting what I see as wrong just because it happens to be you.

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

What personal attack?  Since when does truth become an attack?  You knew very well that I was speaking to you, yet you twisted it by removing the focus off of you and to place it on Yown.

I see Progressive Christianity an error that is dividing the true body of Christ.  Men and Women are different and God has given each their place.  Progressive Christianity seeks an all inclusive approach to scripture when scripture does not. 

I target error, and if that happens to fall upon you, so be it.  I am not going to refrain from correcting what I see as wrong just because it happens to be you.

WOW! When Paul says God told him to tell us we are all one in Christ, there is no male or female, and Paul had what today would be called pastors serving his church, even home pastors that were ultimately martyred, murdered because the woman pastor /wife was targeted for execution, and that's Biblical recording of history. 

I'm not the one that wrote the Bible that shows God calls women to preach. :)  The excuse that "pastor" isn't in scriptures back then doesn't mean pastoral commitment and calling wasn't recorded in scriptures back then. It was. It is indefensible to argue God discriminates when God has told us he's no respecter of persons. Which means he doesn't see one as greater than the other. 

It isn't calling out error to see the scripture as written and hold to that and then have those opposed because of their preference to express gender bias and transfer that as God ordained, and then interpolate scripture to coincide with those persons own gender bias. The error is to commit to that when what can't be erased are the passage after passage of women in service to God, and in authority over men in scripture. 

At this point I don't have to say a word to defend The Word that recorded He called women to serve. And be in authority over men. It's all in the scripture. People who wish to twist those to sustain their gender bias do so before God. And everyone sees. 

2 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

WOW! When Paul says God told him to tell us we are all one in Christ, there is no male or female, and Paul had what today would be called pastors serving his church, even home pastors that were ultimately martyred, murdered because the woman pastor /wife was targeted for execution, and that's Biblical recording of history. 

I'm not the one that wrote the Bible that shows God calls women to preach. :)  The excuse that "pastor" isn't in scriptures back then doesn't mean pastoral commitment and calling wasn't recorded in scriptures back then. It was. It is indefensible to argue God discriminates when God has told us he's no respecter of persons. Which means he doesn't see one as greater than the other. 

It isn't calling out error to see the scripture as written and hold to that and then have those opposed because of their preference to express gender bias and transfer that as God ordained, and then interpolate scripture to coincide with those persons own gender bias. The error is to commit to that when what can't be erased are the passage after passage of women in service to God, and in authority over men in scripture. 

At this point I don't have to say a word to defend The Word that recorded He called women to serve. And be in authority over men. It's all in the scripture. People who wish to twist those to sustain their gender bias do so before God. And everyone sees. 

And this is a perfect example as to the confusion you are having.  If you cannot see that we are one in Christ, yet have different position given to each of us within the specific boundaries stated in scripture itself, then I suggest further studies on you part.  Scripture does not contradict itself, people contradict scripture when trying to to apply only parts of scripture while ignoring others.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Excellent. The more that pray for Yowm the better. :) 

You've got a good heart Chee. Unfortunately you're out numbered by that which hopes to break it.  

There's a passage that says a woman doesn't have authority over her own body when she marries. Imagine that trying to be enforced today. :( There is no doubt that which would argue it is right. When it isn't. 
Someone else here was having these type discussions with that which has aligned against you. They've an education in biblical studies. Exegesis and other subjects. I can't recall their name now. But even they were shouted down by that which refused to see the differences in scripture. God's word, cultural identities and descriptions and commands that pertained in that age, not now. All of it. 

What was said before is proof enough Chee. Isn't it? That there is one living female pastor alive today proves God calls women to serve that office. And when it is argued women aren't to have authority over men, well that's not true in the world today. Mother's have authority over the 18 year old son that still lives at home. And there are women who serve as police, in the political realm and in the military that command men every day. :) And those persons often enough swear an oath of service that includes their swearing to the Christian God to be in service. 

It isn't worth suffering the abuse what you said about your beliefs and the twisting of that. Reality and women pastors and women in power defeats chauvinism defending itself. 

8 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

:thumbsup:

Notice? Jesus himself never said these things about women being inferior. He had women as his Disciples. And Apostles. And remember Junia? 

The twisting has to arrive at Paul's letters. And being he was informed by Jesus Paul doesn't actually go there either.  If you can get a copy of this. Discovering Biblical Equality: Complementarity Without Hierarchy

Or this one. Man and Woman, One in Christ: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Paul's Letters

Be in blessings Chee. :bighug2:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

Often happens (twists), so prayer is always needed,   not just sometimes -  (more people led aside by   'distractions' from the simplicity of the YHWH'S WAY/ THE GOSPEL) because the distractions are so numerous and popular (much more than the 'awkward' truth of YHWH'S WORD ) ...

ROMANS 10:4-
You don't understand that Christ gives to those who trust in Him everything you are trying to get by keeping His laws. [or any such rule set/ defining or defined separate from His Word (like strange fire/ contrary to YHWH'S Authority) ]
6 But the Salvation that comes through faith says ,  "You don't need to search the heavens to find Christ and bring Him down to help you," and,

"You don't need to go among the dead[people opposed to YHWH] to bring Christ back to life again,"  

For Salvation that comes from Trusting Christ --- which is what we preach -- is already within easy reach [simple,  like for a little child]
of each of us; in fact, it is as near as our own hearts and mouths.    For < if > you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ < IS > your Lord,  < and > believe in your own heart that YHWH has raised Him from the dead, you < will be > saved.
For it IS by believing in his heart that a man

becomes right with YHWH;
and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation.
< For the Scriptures tell us
< that NO ONE WHO BELIEVES IN CHRIST will ever be disappointed….

<10:13 Anyone who calls upon the name of the MASTER < will be > saved.

ROMANS 11:19-
"Well," you may be saying,  "those branches were broken off to make room for me so I must be pretty good."  Watch out !  Remember that those branches, the Jews, were broken off because they didn't believe YHWH, and you are there only because you do.  Do not be proud; be humble and grateful --- and careful.   For if [since] YHWH did not spare the branches He put there
in the first place,  He won't spare you either.  See how YHWH is both
so kind and so severe.  He is very hard on those who disobey,  but very good to you if you continue to love and trust Him.  But if you don't,   you too will be cut off….
"

i.e. following 'twists' , or even accepting them, as is popular in many churches,  causes a lot of loss;  from truth first and always,  from the power to live in JESUS,  from the power to change lives YHWH'S WAY....  and simply from the ability to hear and to understand any truth in Scripture YHWH's Way .... though this is His Gift in Jesus> " Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"  it is greatly missing or diminished when "twists" are popularly accepted,  even just one.

14 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Often happens (twists), so prayer is always needed,   not just sometimes -  (more people led aside by   'distractions' from the simplicity of the YHWH'S WAY/ THE GOSPEL) because the distractions are so numerous and popular (much more than the 'awkward' truth of YHWH'S WORD ) ...

ROMANS 10:4-
You don't understand that Christ gives to those who trust in Him everything you are trying to get by keeping His laws. [or any such rule set/ defining or defined separate from His Word (like strange fire/ contrary to YHWH'S Authority) ]
6 But the Salvation that comes through faith says ,  "You don't need to search the heavens to find Christ and bring Him down to help you," and,

"You don't need to go among the dead[people opposed to YHWH] to bring Christ back to life again,"  

For Salvation that comes from Trusting Christ --- which is what we preach -- is already within easy reach [simple,  like for a little child]
of each of us; in fact, it is as near as our own hearts and mouths.    For < if > you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ < IS > your Lord,  < and > believe in your own heart that YHWH has raised Him from the dead, you < will be > saved.
For it IS by believing in his heart that a man

becomes right with YHWH;
and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation.
< For the Scriptures tell us
< that NO ONE WHO BELIEVES IN CHRIST will ever be disappointed….

<10:13 Anyone who calls upon the name of the MASTER < will be > saved.

ROMANS 11:19-
"Well," you may be saying,  "those branches were broken off to make room for me so I must be pretty good."  Watch out !  Remember that those branches, the Jews, were broken off because they didn't believe YHWH, and you are there only because you do.  Do not be proud; be humble and grateful --- and careful.   For if [since] YHWH did not spare the branches He put there
in the first place,  He won't spare you either.  See how YHWH is both
so kind and so severe.  He is very hard on those who disobey,  but very good to you if you continue to love and trust Him.  But if you don't,   you too will be cut off….
"

i.e. following 'twists' , or even accepting them, as is popular in many churches,  causes a lot of loss;  from truth first and always,  from the power to live in JESUS,  from the power to change lives YHWH'S WAY....  and simply from the ability to hear and to understand any truth in Scripture YHWH's Way .... though this is His Gift in Jesus> " Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"  it is greatly missing or diminished when "twists" are popularly accepted,  even just one.

When moral deficit is put on God through twisting of the scriptures  it is an inexcusable twist. Though people try. And shall not be assuaged. 

Judges 4:4 Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time

Mark 10:42 And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

1 Corinthians 11:11-12

Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:
20 hours ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

There's a passage that says a woman doesn't have authority over her own body when she marries. Imagine that trying to be enforced today.

It is enforced today. By the feminazis protecting their right to slaughter the unborn in the women's wombs.

Ironically, many of those slaughtered are females.

If I may, Yowm, you should reread what you posted about what SchmaltzWeasel posted.

To SW: The reason why we do not see this today as should be is due to how lost the world is.  Women who fought for control of their body in a marriage did so by rejecting Gods will in marriage.  In marriage we are to be unified with our spouse, each belonging to the other, giving of one to the other.  When this is rejected, there is no real marriage as God designed it to be.

What are your thoughts on the scripture you mention?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, OneLight said:

If I may, Yowm, you should reread what you posted about what SchmaltzWeasel posted.

To SW: The reason why we do not see this today as should be is due to how lost the world is.  Women who fought for control of their body in a marriage did so by rejecting Gods will in marriage.  In marriage we are to be unified with our spouse, each belonging to the other, giving of one to the other.  When this is rejected, there is no real marriage as God designed it to be.

What are your thoughts on the scripture you mention?

Femanazi's ? I've only heard Rush Limbaugh's young dittoheads use that pejorative. 

A woman's body is her own. Period. In marriage the two become one. As it says in scripture.