IGNORED

Is Melania's marriage valid?

OldSchool2

Guest shiloh357
Just now, OldSchool2 said:

"Jesus replied, 'Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.  I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.'

"The disciples said to him, 'If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.'

"Jesus replied, 'Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given...." Matthew 19:8-11 (NIV).

And that doesn't include the Roman "church"  God is the sole authority in this matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Just now, shiloh357 said:

And that doesn't include the Roman "church"  God is the sole authority in this matter.

When I quoted Matthew's Gospel I wasn't quoting Pope Frances.

"Jesus replied, 'Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.  I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery....'"

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

When I quoted Matthew's Gospel I wasn't quoting Pope Frances.

"Jesus replied, 'Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.  I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery....'"

Right, but Jesus was addressing a problem with the religious leaders at that time.    The Rabbis used the writ of divorce as a legal loophole if they were married, but saw a more attractive girl.  They allowed divorce for any reason, so they would divorce their wives for frivolous reasons so that they could marry the younger more attractive girls.

This left the divorced woman with little to no options.   On her own with no male support, she was destined to be either a beggar or a prostitute.   If she remarried without a valid divorce, then from the Divine standpoint, her remarriage to another man was adultery, as was the Rabbi who divorced her on frivolous grounds.    Jesus was addressing that rabbinical excess.   He was not making universal doctrine on marriage at that point.

I don't think there is any biblical argument that could made for being against a woman who divorces a physically abusive husband as an act of self-preservation for herself and her children.  Or if a man simply abandons the family and never comes home, there is nothing that would stop her from seeking a  valid divorce. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Right, but Jesus was addressing a problem with the religious leaders at that time.    The Rabbis used the writ of divorce as a legal loophole if they were married, but saw a more attractive girl.  They allowed divorce for any reason, so they would divorce their wives for frivolous reasons so that they could marry the younger more attractive girls.

This left the divorced woman with little to no options.   On her own with no male support, she was destined to be either a beggar or a prostitute.   If she remarried without a valid divorce, then from the Divine standpoint, her remarriage to another man was adultery, as was the Rabbi who divorced her on frivolous grounds.    Jesus was addressing that rabbinical excess.   He was not making universal doctrine on marriage at that point.

I don't think there is any biblical argument that could made for being against a woman who divorces a physically abusive husband as an act of self-preservation for herself and her children.  Or if a man simply abandons the family and never comes home, there is nothing that would stop her from seeking a  valid divorce. 

I am confused by what you are saying.  Does the passage in Matthew concerning divorce only applies to the religious leaders of the day?

In you view, is there a biblical prohibition against divorce and then remarriage for any reason other than marital unfaithfulness?  

In your view is there any biblical prohibition against the one that was unfaithful being remarried in the future?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

In Trump's case yes as he's a Presbyterian, but his current wife is Roman Catholic and Pope Francis is the leader of her denomination.

Still have no say, a marriage is between a man and a woman and God. There is no biblical reason to attack their marriage, and this is nothing more then a smear campaign. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

4 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Where is the smear here? 

By all means.

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Still have no say, a marriage is between a man and a woman and God. There is no biblical reason to attack their marriage, and this is nothing more then a smear campaign. 

She's the first FLOTUS that was RCC since Jackie Kennedy. 

Now the left wing vipers in media have something to hate on. A new inroad. They smear Trump's hair, his skin color, imagine that one with Obama, his adult children, his youngest 12 year old son. Now they have the RCC faith of the First Lady. 
This same media that broadcasts all manner of programs that recall JFK and Jackie when they were alive. And the Hollywood studios recall Jackie in new movies designed to bring sympathy to the president and FLOTUS of old. 

But a living FLOTUS who's RCC? CHARRRRRRRRRGE! 

Just watch.

2 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

"Jesus replied, 'Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.  I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.'

"The disciples said to him, 'If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.'

"Jesus replied, 'Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given...." Matthew 19:8-11 (NIV).

Jews. 

He was talking to Jews. :)  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Jews. 

So, are you saying that everything Jesus said to a Jew does not apply to us?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

1 hour ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Jews. 

And He is also Jewish.