IGNORED

House Whip Scalise, security detail shot at baseball practice; suspect in custody

Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

9 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Yeah, that is about it.  Mental problems, in my mind, are actual physiological issues related to the body producing either not enough or too much of some chemicals.

I see "unbalanced" (whether you call it emotional or mental) as totally self caused.  To me there is something that is just not right in the mind of a person that would drive 800 miles to shoot someone.   Not that they are not responsible, they are for sure as they have chosen to let whatever emotions and such control them and drive them to do these things. 

Thankyou for clarifying, for a good intelligent debate, i think its clear both sides be on the same page, and now I feel that we are. I do agree, now that I understand where your coming from, that mental/emotional instability is NOT taking away from personal accountability, and in this case, you maybe right about the shooter in question (may not, time will tell)

However, I still disagree in that I don't think it applies to everyone who does everything evil, because we can't negate a persons upbringing/moral code. For you and me, going and taking potshots at a bunch of school children, or even a politician we don't like, is morally wrong. We have a moral code, both the Bible, but also societal upbringing, to where mentally, we understand that that is wrong and that we would have to clearly not thinking clearly, to do so.

However, if one is not raised with that same moral code, is a different story. Take radical islam (notice I am specifying radical here, so as not to start a "all islam is bad" debate) Many of these radicals are raised from childhood with a very different set of rules. In their moral code, it is perfectly ok to blow people up, it is included in their value belief. For them to be "mentally unstable" would be them NOT doing any of those things, the "stable" thing for them to do, under their moral code, would be to commit Jihad against the infidels. Its not mentally (or emotionally) instability there, that would just be plain evil.

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes, and decapitated Trump heads as well as mock assassination plays only add fuel to the mob mentality frenzy that is going on.

Exactly.  It has been building up this.  And Republican members of Congress, on the same day as this attack, have been getting threatening E-mails.   All of these grotesque images and portrayals of a dead president are being shielded under a warped interpretation of "free speech" and it as led up to this.  

The Left created this environment.  They were calling for the death of the president, destroying private and public property, threatening and intimidating any celebrity or public figure that even remotely appeared to support Trump, beat up trump supporters, even before election day, threatened the electoral college members with death threats, violently blocked conservatives from speaking college universities.

Where were the champions of "free speech" when universities that are partially paid for by public tax money allowed students to violently bar conservatives from speaking there?   The same people who whined and whined about Kathy Griffin's "free speech" to portray a dead president, were completely silent about violations of conservative free speech.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes, and decapitated Trump heads as well as mock assassination plays only add fuel to the mob mentality frenzy that is going on.

Yes. Send a message that people want the politician they dislike dead and there will be some person out there that agrees and thinks they're doing the right thing in trying to kill that politician. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, there are lots of little children running around in adult bodies.

I wouldn't insult a child's innocence and undeveloped intellect like that. I believe there are mentally unwell people that see opportunity to release all animus they've stored away at the slightest provocation. And political angst happens to be one such avenue of invitation that certain among them exploit. Which I believe is why they also don't factor in the terminal outcome, or they don't care if they die,  should they act out on politicians who are , thank God, protected by armed security.