bryan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

In my work, IT projects are managed so they are completed successfully.  That generally means research, planning, technical tasks, coordination of people, politics, and constant change.  When things are busy, managing how time is spent can become critical.  Anything time that doesn't contribute to some project is considered waste and is evaluated to see if it can be eliminated.  

In church, the one big project is to live as Jesus has instructed.  Once we're saved and born again, we surrender to, serve, and work for Him.  We do that by studying the bible to learn how we're supposed to serve Him and live the way He wants.  We then make changes in how we live our life based on what we've learned.  At any point a lesson may convince us to adjust a plan, change how we interact with other people, or do something differently.  We know the overall project goals, but what we need to do and how we should accomplish it may be changed at any time.   If we stop studying or stop listening to the holy spirit for guidance, our work can slow down, progress can stall, and it can even get behind.  

A good friend had a sign in his office to remind him of his priorities saying "God, then family, then everything else".  Since time is valuable, it's important to keep an eye on how time is spent.  Once a year or so I try to evaluate how I spend my time and see if makes sense.  How much time am I spending on work, watching TV, playing video games, running errands, volunteering for local groups, and more.  Some people make a log for a week noting how every 15 minutes of each day is spent.  As with projects at work, it can be good to see if the way you spend your time each day are contributing toward your one big project to live as Jesus has instructed.  This evaluation isn't always clear for some events, but when you look at things and ask for guidance from the holy spirit, you may receive an answer that tells you it's time to make some adjustments.

Have you ever looked at how you spend your time and decided to make similar adjustments?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Church isn't work to me, it is Body of Christ everywhere, God's Family of believers. Our goal isn't works, but Christ working through us in a relationship that blurs where Jesus begins and we end, and where we begin and Jesus ends. It's a partnership, not a job occupation. Positions are angelic in nature, each angel has a position and post, they are happy with their tasks and positions (except Satan and the fallen). We humans in contrast were made to be loved and to love God and people, to be God's children and family. Period. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor