IGNORED

What should I do if I am not moved by the gospel?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi!

I dont know what should I do.

I feel indifferent about the gospel - nothing motivates me. I live the life that is wrong in the eyes of the Lord, but I am not moved by the fact that I go hell for that either. I have discovered that I am lost interest in things of God completely. Maybe even that I was seeking His hand instead of His face at first point. I have tried reading or listening the word of God, but it doesnt ignite me. It's like I dont feel the calling of God or something. One thing is lack of experience - in Acts 4:20 Paul said he speaks of experience. I dont have such. I have had few dreams that could be from God, but at the end they have left me indifferent. I have not had any supernatural experience when I am awake. Also not receiving prayer answers doesnt contribute to my faith either. Of course one could tell me not to expect prayer answers then my relationship is not ok with God, but I have never ever received anything, even on the moments when I believed. Since Jesus listed signs that follow the believers and Acts showed examples of these signs and Paul himself did miracles too, I have asked God to give me something that would make my faith firm, but that hasnt happened either. I kinda believe that He exists, but I dont do anything that someone who believes in Him would do. It's like I am not 100% convinced. I have read the Bible, and I can logically reason that apostles would not have received the courage to speak up and be tortured and abused for Christ's sake but that knowing really doesnt convince me. I am not giving guarantee that seeing sign or miracle would help either, I only thing/hope that would help me to believe, but if it also doesnt then there really isnt anything new that Jesus could show me to convince me fully that He exists. I believe enough to pray to Him, but not enough to share to non-christians about my faith. Then I am stopped by thought that since I havent seen or heard anything myself, what if He actually doesnt exist and I have made myself fool in vain? And when I believe enough to pray I dont believe that I ever get answer, because all answers have been so far no or later at best. I feel down and ignored for not receiving any answer but from the other hand I am not 100% sure that getting my prayers answered would help either. It could be very well that God will answer my prayer in very supernatural way but it would only convince me that He exist, and not make me be interested in Him or want Him.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115

3 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

I feel indifferent about the gospel - nothing motivates me. I live the life that is wrong in the eyes of the Lord, but I am not moved by the fact that I go hell for that either. I have discovered that I am lost interest in things of God completely. Maybe even that I was seeking His hand instead of His face at first point. I have tried reading or listening the word of God, but it doesnt ignite me. It's like I dont feel the calling of God or something. One thing is lack of experience - in Acts 4:20 Paul said he speaks of experience. I dont have such. I have had few dreams that could be from God, but at the end they have left me indifferent. I have not had any supernatural experience when I am awake. Also not receiving prayer answers doesnt contribute to my faith either. Of course one could tell me not to expect prayer answers then my relationship is not ok with God, but I have never ever received anything, even on the moments when I believed. Since Jesus listed signs that follow the believers and Acts showed examples of these signs and Paul himself did miracles too, I have asked God to give me something that would make my faith firm, but that hasnt happened either. I kinda believe that He exists, but I dont do anything that someone who believes in Him would do. It's like I am not 100% convinced. I have read the Bible, and I can logically reason that apostles would not have received the courage to speak up and be tortured and abused for Christ's sake but that knowing really doesnt convince me. I am not giving guarantee that seeing sign or miracle would help either, I only thing/hope that would help me to believe, but if it also doesnt then there really isnt anything new that Jesus could show me to convince me fully that He exists. I believe enough to pray to Him, but not enough to share to non-christians about my faith. Then I am stopped by thought that since I havent seen or heard anything myself, what if He actually doesnt exist and I have made myself fool in vain? And when I believe enough to pray I dont believe that I ever get answer, because all answers have been so far no or later at best. I feel down and ignored for not receiving any answer but from the other hand I am not 100% sure that getting my prayers answered would help either. It could be very well that God will answer my prayer in very supernatural way but it would only convince me that He exist, and not make me be interested in Him or want Him.

Reading you, I'd say accept God's will for you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Hi LPSTR,

What stood out to me was when you said you live the life that is wrong in the eyes of the Lord - that right there will put a distance and I'm not surprised that you feel nothing. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Some little ways you could start (apart from having a daily morning quiet time with just you and He - reading/contemplating Scripture, prayer that kind of thing), is putting Gods words into action by not letting opportunities pass you by during the day  - like to smile and be kind to others, to be ready to help someone or comfort someone, to encourage another person or just sit and listen.

These things bring you closer to Him because that's  what He asks of us - is to show love to one another. You will notice differences within yourself and your life.

I hope this has been helpful :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

When my husband made a speech like that I asked him one thing.  Have you ever asked God to forgive you?  I mean 1 on 1.  

8 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

Well my problem is that I only acknowledge the fact that my life is not pleasing unto Him, but I dont care enough to do anything about it. So my part of drawing near wont happen.

is putting Gods words into action

Sometimes I do that. But it's like by not doing something sinful because I feel that Lord does not want me to do that. But that's all, I am not that kind of person who would  care enough of word to do something good that I wouldnt do otherwise.

to encourage another person

All the encouragement that I can give and that I have given is "If God haven't answered none of my prayers in years, then what makes you think that your prayers will be answered any more?". And then people in Revelation 3:20 slam the door shut.

11 hours ago, PageofGrace said:

Reading you, I'd say accept God's will for you. 

You mean just accept things the way they are and do nothing? I can do that.

6 hours ago, Willa said:

Have you ever asked God to forgive you?

Yes.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115

12 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Well my problem is that I only acknowledge the fact that my life is not pleasing unto Him, but I dont care enough to do anything about it. So my part of drawing near wont happen.

Sometimes I do that. But it's like by not doing something sinful because I feel that Lord does not want me to do that. But that's all, I am not that kind of person who would  care enough of word to do something good that I wouldnt do otherwise.

All the encouragement that I can give and that I have given is "If God haven't answered none of my prayers in years, then what makes you think that your prayers will be answered any more?". And then people in Revelation 3:20 slam the door shut.

You mean just accept things the way they are and do nothing? I can do that.

Yes.

Christ calls his sheep to him. 

I think you're doing everything you can to tell us you refuse to hear.  I don't know what to tell you except maybe, if you stop putting proof lines on God, as if he has to meet this standard, this proof, to show you he's real, and he, a gender pronoun is a misnomer because that is an identifier humans attach in order to comprehend in our limited consciousness as it is human, the eternal all knowing power and spirit that is the source and cause behind all that is, needs to somehow meet those measures of proof, you'll miss the fact that God has always been there. 

He is everywhere you look. Even in the mirror. You are made in his image and likeness. God created all that is first, and is it any surprise that human mortal science has discovered that humans have stardust in their genetics? We're made of stardust. :) 

That you ask for proof of God tells you that God is asking you to let go and trust him to show you he is there. Starting with you. Made in the image and likeness. 

How does Jesus , who was God, call us to him? Easy. But not so much when we're so wrapped up in our own head thinking we have to explain everything to our liking and understanding in order to feel in control of this place we have in this huge intimidating world.  
Your expectation of what it means for God to prove himself is what barricades you behind your own consciousness. God's is far removed from that. God isn't a person. He's a spirit. He's the breath behind everything that exists. Including your own breath. 

Relax! 

You've heard that old saying? Let go and let God? 
Trust someone who was right where you are in my own way long ago. If you stop looking for God to show you he exists according to your expectation of what should be there to satisfy your imagination, you'll see God everywhere. You'll even notice you repeat things in your life, different a little bit but if you look, they're the same in tiny ways. And those? Those are the lessons God tells you you need to learn to advance in his plan for you. 

Did you ever hear , life is a school? Boy is it. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Lptstr,

Its a good thing that you are even on here asking because to me, that shows some level of your concern.

You know, Jesus never forced His teaching onto people - He just put it out there and answered questions that were asked. 

Tbh, we aren't all going to be like the Apostles and Billy Graham etc - but in my humble life, as I try to know Him more, and put His teachings into practise, I do see changes within me and in my life - but it has to start with me wanting to have changes.

I hope this helps :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/2/2017 at 3:01 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

Hi, 

And may I say welcome, belatedly. From one rather newbie here to another. Might we first pray together?

I do pray that you will hear from God, and will know God, and will  break  from what you describe as indifference to God and His will. His will for you.

If you will join in that prayer, I also ask you to pray for me.  I do have much need of prayer. If you will ask of God if He will help me to know His will  regarding  making my bride feel secure should I predecease her. Thanks. Now that may be a bit of an unsual prayer, but it is an important issue in our  "young" relationship as husband and wife.

Now as to you and your own plight; I have little to go on to this point, but I sense you are guarded in general, as in  "not telling" and LPSTR.

You are, or so it seems in my own mind's eye, keeping coded what you may really need to be plain about, at least  before God, for your sake. You need not tell me your gender, and I do not have a clue about code writing. And I sure did not have the code to God through Jesus  when I experienced my own comeuppance and repentance from my  personal sinning against God.  At this point I can only make a general comment based solely upon very very limited information about you and your plight:

It seems you may have an academics approach to finding God. You may want God to fit your string, your defining, in order to know Him. I suspect that is not being a very fruitful process for you to date.

You may have need to get into an uncomfortable zone, as a gambler might go all in. You might need to have a little talk with Jesus.  It may be as simple, if it is heart felt by you, to ask, to prayerfully ask in quiet submission to God, -If You are there God show me, please show me, that I may have  of Jesus faith that which  will allow me to make  the kind of sense of You that my mind can comprehend. Thank you God.  

You need not do a walk down an aisle though that is testimony before man, you need not recite a written out prayer composed by someone else, but perhaps you could if it helps you personally  write out a code of sorts, a code, a string of your concerns for God alone.

May you find you can let down your guard and be freed to talk with God as you seek His will for you.

May your turning  about be quickened and may it be known vividedly to you.  

May the Holy Spirit make himself known to you  in such force that you will always have the reveal of Jesus  within you.  -Amen

I do hesitate to share of my thoughts with you  but I too will go to that uncomfortable zone, go all in and gamble, gamble on God revealing through the Holy Spirit , His Son Jesus in a manner that will give you the support in faith  that you desire.

I also add that  Jews that refused Jesus as their Messiah , in general  they demanded a sign from God; while the Greek, the gentile demanded wisdom before they would accept Jesus.  Jesus said He would give but one sign, the sign of Jonah.  I will not talk to you about that for you have evidently read it already. BUT- please put flesh and blood on that  message- the sign of Jonah! See the literal and very personal application that is there for you by reveal of the Holy Spirit. Jesus died and arose again after three days. Died and yet arose from the grave conquering death. Jesus had shed his blood to cover my sin and yours if you  are willing to be covered by it, be washed white as snow, and seen not for what you are- a sinner of many flaws and imperfections, but instead seen as clean, washed  in garments white as snow, pure before God, all  under the love of God and the sacrifice made by His son Jesus, as is revealed by God the Holy Spirit to those that are called to their repentance and then answer in the affirmative yes Lord Jesus, openly having bowed a knee and heart before Him.

May God indwell you, your body spirit and soul, and may He bring you peace and knowledge, absolute assurance, that He has adopted you to be with Him eternally. Amen.

Edited by Neighbor
spelling error corrected

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

break  from what you describe as indifference

Well, I have to admit this prayer got answered but not the way you wanted. My indifference has grown into hatred. And I started to have fantasies of how I could torture Jesus and how I would brutalize on Him if I stood next to cross, and I even enjoy these.

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

If you will join in that prayer, I also ask you to pray for me.  I do have much need of prayer. If you will ask of God if He will help me to know His will  regarding  making my bride feel secure should I predecease her. Thanks. Now that may be a bit of an unsual prayer, but it is an important issue in our  "young" relationship as husband and wife.

I have prayed for you! I hope you get your answer the way you wanted.  God usually tends to bless others to make me feel even worse when I see that my prayers are ignored. This is what has lead me to where I am now. Since you seem to have relationship, would you pray for me to find someone? Finding a right partner is also prayer that has been unanswered for years and that contributes to my current situation. Every time I decide to start believe again, it's only a matter of hours this this thought comes back and tears me down again.

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

you are guarded in general, as in  "not telling" and LPSTR.

What do you mean by "not telling?" And how do you sense that?

What do you mean by "code"

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Jesus had shed his blood to cover my sin and yours if you  are willing to be covered by it, be washed white as snow, and seen not for what you are- a sinner of many flaws and imperfections, but instead seen as clean, washed  in garments white as snow, pure before God, all  under the love of God and the sacrifice made by His son Jesus, as is revealed by God the Holy Spirit to those that are called to their repentance and then answer in the affirmative yes Lord Jesus, openly having bowed a knee and heart before Him.

Well, NT says that there was a lot of signs fit those who believed such as tongues, healings, etc. What you wrote here is very good, the only problem with it is that it is written, it's not experience. I dont have my personal conviction confirming this to me.

5 hours ago, eileenhat said:

The only issue with the gospel is that it does not speak to the modern era person.

No, that's not the problem. I do understand the bible and what it says.  The problem is that I know very well what's it about, what God expects from me, what is right and what is  wrong. I know very well what is hell and what is heaven. I know very well what are the conditions for going to hell and what are conditions for going to heaven. The problem is that I know all this and still dont care whether I end up in heaven or hell. The problem is I know what is sin and what is right. But I simply dont care if I do sin. I know that those who know what is right and still do what is wrong will be judged more strictly, but I dont care. It doesnt give me desire to do what is good.