IGNORED

What is charity. The real love that comes from God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

It is essential that a christain has charity.  It matters not what else we did, not even if we gave all food to the poor

and even sacrificed our selves.  So what is the true charity which is of GOD is essential that we have this.

Many are following a wordly version of charity.  So let me give us something to deeply ponder , for as I said

if we have no charity , it wont matter what we thought we knew or did. 

Two key things on which real charity is or does that most don't see anymore.

It does not rejoice in inquity, nor behave itself UNSEEMINGLY.  Now I am getting all this

from new test writers.   I want to remind us that charity is all essential it is the love that comes from GOD

not the world, but GOD that he alone sheds on the believers heart by grace.

So are we following a charity that allows inquity and calls it love

are we allowing a charity which behaves unseemingly and yet calling it love. 

The answer is. many are.   Romans ONE

man with man working that which is UNSEEMINGLY .  How many are calling gay marriage love.

Now just let this sink in.  How many twist JESUS sayings and says Hey GOD is love.  yet the LOVE

that comes from GOD, desires none to perish.  the end of sin is death. So how is allowing one to remain in it and saying all is well. LOVE.

Just I pray for all to consider the truth , I pray for us all to receive the simple Holy doctrines , which indeed make one wise unto salvation

through faith in Christ .   I love you all , and I say PRAISE the LORD in SPIRIT and TRUTH. amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

KJV translates the Greek word agape as charity.  But neither that word or the word love adequately translate agape.  It is pure and godly self sacrificing giving of self, time and resources for the good of others.  It is motivated by our Creator and demonstrated by the Father giving His only begotten Son to die for our sins while we were yet undeserving sinners--so that we may have fellowship with Him.  

G26   (Word Study Dictionary)

ἀγάπη

agápē; gen. agápēs, fem. noun from agapáō (G25), to love. Love, affectionate regard, goodwill, benevolence. With reference to God's love, it is God's willful direction toward man. It involves God doing what He knows is best for man and not necessarily what man desires. For example, Joh 3:16 states, "For God so loved [ēgápēsen] the world, that he gave." What did He give? Not what man wanted, but what God knew man needed, i.e., His Son to bring forgiveness to man.

Love  (Vine)

(Noun and Verb)

A. Verbs.

1. agapao (G25) and the corresponding noun agape (B, No. 1 below) present "the characteristic word of Christianity, and since the Spirit of revelation has used it to express ideas previously unknown, inquiry into its use, whether in Greek literature or in the Septuagint, throws but little light upon its distinctive meaning in the NT. Cf, however, Lev 19:18; Deu 6:5.

"Agape and agapao are used in the NT (a) to describe the attitude of God toward His Son, Joh 17:26; the human race, generally, Joh 3:16; Rom 5:8, and to such as believe on the Lord Jesus Christ particularly Joh 14:21; (b) to convey His wiil to His children concerning their attitude one toward another, Joh 13:34, and toward all men, 1Th 3:12; 1Co 16:14; 2Pe 1:7; (c) to express the essential nature of God, 1Jn 4:8.

"Love can be known only from the actions it prompts. God's love is seen in the gift of His Son, 1Jn 4:9, 1Jn 4:10. But obviously this is not the love of complacency, or affection, that is, it was not drawn out by any excellency in its objects, Rom 5:8. It was an exercise of the divine will in deliberate choice, made without assignable cause save that which lies in the nature of God Himself, Cf. Deu 7:7, Deu 7:8.

"Love had its perfect expression among men in the Lord Jesus Christ, 2Co 5:14; Eph 2:4; Eph 3:19; Eph 5:2; Christian love is the fruit of His Spirit in the Christian, Gal 5:22.

"Christian love has God for its primary object, and expresses itself first of all in implicit obedience to His commandments, Joh 14:15, Joh 14:21, Joh 14:23; Joh 15:10; 1Jn 2:5; 1Jn 5:3; 2Jn 1:6. Selfwill, that is, self-pleasing, is the negation of love to God.

"Christian love, whether exercised toward the brethren, or toward men generally, is not an impulse from the feelings, it does not always run with the natural inclinations, nor does it spend itself only upon those for whom some affinity is discovered. Love seeks the welfare of all, Rom 15:2, and works no ill to any, Rom 13:8-10; love seeks opportunity to do good to 'all men, and especially toward them that are of the household of the faith,' Gal 6:10. See further 1 Corinthians 13 and Col 3:12-14."*

* From Notes on Thessalonians, by Hogg and Vine, p. 105.

In respect of agapao as used of God, it expresses the deep and constant "love" and interest of a perfect Being towards entirely unworthy objects, producing and fostering a reverential "love" in them towards the Giver, and a practical "love" towards those who are partakers of the same, and a desire to help others to seek the Giver. See BELOVED.