panthesim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

yes what you say is helpful. its just i d0nt want to get led astray. so i would need to some brief (hopefully!) research each learned man to make sure that i am not being led down a garden path. if that is what i need to do then that is what i will have to do.

many thanks

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 2017-07-14 at 2:01 PM, Wayne222 said:

Roy Masters who I use to listen too is not a Christian. Walter Martin had debates with Roy on the long John Nebel show many years ago. I would stay away from his teachings.

I take Roy Masters with a grain of salt. I focus on the positive of what he has to say about the dangers of keeping resentments, harboring grudges and unforgiveness.

He has greatly helped me understand human nature, so no I don't regret having stumbled upon him, he as a matter of fact has drawn me even closer to   Christ Jesus. But no I am not a follower of anybody other than following a relationship with Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior.

i can Appreciate many tings this man Roy Masters has had to say on human behavior and human conditioning. On that he has a very good grasp  I have no regrets on stumbling upon him once again 4 years ago. Through his way of explaining things, I have been able to look at life with more acceptance, less harsh judgements and more forgiving eyes.

I think i met him just in the right time for me, while he also still had more strength in him four years ago than he has now as he is in his 90th year. Roy Masters explains how to diffuse resentments on the spot by looking at things objectively and not internalizing them.

I very much appreciate  listening to Charles Stanley, another Christian preacher. 

I always hold my faith in Christ Jesus along and the Word of God found in the Holy Bible that I hold up against anybody's hearsay .

If what a person says does not align with what is written in the bible, I take what the bible has to say over what a persons personal take on things are.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

I take Roy Masters with a grain of salt. I focus on the positive of what he has to say about the dangers of keeping resentments, harboring grudges and unforgiveness.

He has greatly helped me understand human nature, so no I don't regret having stumbled upon him, he as a matter of fact has drawn me even closer to   Christ Jesus. But no I am not a follower of anybody other than following a relationship with Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior.

i can Appreciate many tings this man Roy Masters has had to say on human behavior and human conditioning. On that he has a very good graspé  I have no regrets on stumbling upon him once again 4 years ago. Through his way of explaining things, I have been able to look at life with more acceptance, less harsh judgements and more forgiving eyes.

I think i met him just in the right time for me, while he also still has more strength in him four years ago than he has now as he is in his 90 year. Roy Masters explains how to diffuse resentments on the spot by looking at things objectively and not internalizing them.

I very much appreciate l listening to Charles Stanley,  I view and understand and my faith  in Christ Jesus along with the Word of God found in the Holy Bible that I hold up against anybody's hearsay for aliment.

If what a person says does not align with what is written in the bible, I take what the bible has to say over what a persons personal take on things.

That is very good that you can tell what he says is right on and not right on. But some of his meditation teachings are not bible based. He can mislead. You can hear the debate on YouTube between Walter Martin and Roy if you like. Walter was a great bible scholar. 

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Roy Masters who I use to listen too is not a Christian. Walter Martin had debates with Roy on the long John Nebel show many years ago. I would stay away from his teachings.

Hi Wayne, I have found that Roy Masters, does not understand Christ Jesus to be God as in the trinity of the Father Son, Holy Spirit of God being One.  Somehow, I can understand the trinity being ONE and understood it the first time I read it from the Bible.

And yes this part of Gods Holy Trinity this man Roy Master has not yet come to understand . I do hope and pray for him to one day come to understand this. 

I also believe that prayer and reading Gods Word is what we as Christians need in our daily personal relationship with God.

So yes I agree that this man Roy Masters is not to be followed like a religion.

Just somehow, I get him with what he has to say on the subject of  human nature. I get him on that, and it truly has helped me in so many ways in my daily interaction with people. Especially letting go of my past hurts, and forgiveness. something that for me kept me in emotional bondage most of my life. So like I said before, for that i have no regrets in having listened to him, because I have leaned good things that align with what the bible has to say especially concerning forgivensss. But in my defense, I already knew Holy scripture before discovering Roy Masters. So perhaps this helped me to find discernment in what he has to say that aligns with the Word of God and what does not.

However, I can only speack for myself, Roy Masters has greatly helped me see more clearly how human nature works.

But yes I have questioned wether all he is saying is correct, and I have found out that -no- not all of what he says is correct.

Funny enough I have been praying for Roy Masters to come to understand the Trinity of God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit being one in three persons.  Sometimes how he speak, I think he gets it and then no, when he says that Christ is not God and that it is blasphemous to even say that. I think that is coming out of his Jewish background were a veil is still over his comprehention to see this.

Anybody I have ever mentioned about Roy Masters, I have also warned them that I did not necessarily agree with some points  he talks about that I have already pointed out . 

Thank you Mabel for bring up this post, because it does point to the importance that we need to be careful to what teachings we lsten to in order to not get pulled away from the truth of the Holy Bible.

Edited by 1to3

6 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

You can hear the debate on YouTube between Walter Martin and Roy if you like. Walter was a great bible scholar. 

Hi Wayne, I have been trying for the past hour to find that debate of Walter Martin and Roy Master on you tube.

Could you please, if you can give me what I can google in to find that debate?

Edited by 1to3

Hi 1to3 you have to download soundclound to hear them. When you have that app you Google roy master vs Walter Martin. I could not find the long John Nebel show of them anymore on YouTube. But this debate is quite good they had it in 1980. Good luck hope you hear it.

43 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

roy master vs Walter Martin.

Sigh!

So I downloaded sound cloud and tries and got nothing.

But that's ok.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your input and warnings

God Bless

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

23 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Sigh!

So I downloaded sound cloud and tries and got nothing.

But that's ok.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your input and warnings

God Bless

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

So sorry brother. It worked for me. I downloaded sound cloud and then went to the site of the video.  Did you hit the words sound cloud in Orange on top where the Video was ? At first I just hit the video center. But nothing played then I tried where sound cloud was on top. Try that .

20 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

and then went to the site of the video.

Ummm ,What do you mean by that?

When I go unto sound cloud

I got into sound cloud and typed in the search area : roy master vs Walter Martin.  and got no results.

I tried to press every category there was:

everything

sound cloud Go+ tracks

tracks

people

albums

playlist

I pressed on the orange cloud in the upper left quadrant and got nothing, I click every option I saw available , but still got nothing.

How did you get to the site of the video? I did not see that option

But nevertheless this search got me to find some other stuff on searching on you tube

I stumbled across:

Bible Answers Radio Call-In #4: Resurrection, True Church, Roy Masters, Bob George, God's Chastening

Edited by 1to3

No you have to first download sound cloud which you did. Then go to Google and type in roy masters vs Walter Martin on the first web page there should be a site that has it. Open that and your see a video of that and you can use sound cloud to see it. Try that brother.