IGNORED

Saul the Pharisees vs Paul the Apostle. No difference really.

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/14/2017 at 3:31 PM, Anonymous Aristotle said:

:rolleyes:

Saul referred to himself as an Apostle in all his own writings. Not once did the actual Disciples of Christ, the anointed, appointed, Apostles of our Lord do so. 

There are many differences in Saul's teachings to that of Christ. Namely Saul doesn't refer to the time of Jesus when he was alive delivering his ministry. In fact, after Saul's encounter with the light on the Damascus road, two different accounts recorded about that, he avoided the anointed, appointed, Apostles of Christ and for years. 
Even going so far as to curse them, in his epistle to the church in Galatia. Galatians 1. And expressly verses 8 and 9. 

While Saul did fulfill Christ's prophecy and warning in, Matthew 24.  And interestingly enough, Saul did fulfill all the signs in that warning. He claimed to have seen Christ, a light, on the Damascus road. The Christ that healed the blind , in Saul's encounter blinded Saul with scales on his eyes. 

Saul claimed that his working wonders and miracles in later epistles were signs he was an Apostle. His epistle to the church in Corinth. 2 Corinthians 12:12 

Follow Christ. :) And ignore those who would hope to insult you when they could have simply said nothing if they didn't appreciate your thread. 

I think from what I've read across the many boards here that there are many minor children present. They've not read the Bible to know what is actually in it. Or there are adults too that are equally unlearned. Also, I don't think you can forget that as in the dark ages there are those today who think they'll be punished if they think about what the Bible verses are asking them to believe. They take things at face value because they believe the enemy of God discerns what is being said in scripture. When in truth scripture itself tells us not to believe every spirit but to think about what is being taught.
Typically I find this to be the case in the argument made that the Bible is inerrant.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Did Paul teach repentance and baptism? If so, how often? And in what scripture?

Well he did baptize a few households including stephanas.   So yeah he knew it was necessary.

as for repentance.  Hopefully this will help.

You know , from  the first day I came into Asia

after what manner I have been with you at all times

Serving the LORD with all humility of mind, and with many tears

and temptations which happened to me by the lying in wait of the jews,

and HOW I kept back nothing that was profitable to you, but have showed

you and have taught you publickly and house to house, testifying both to the jews and the gentiles

REPENTANCE toward God and FAITH TOWARD OUR LORD JESUS.

Survey says YOU STILL WONT HEAR IT.  

36 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well he did baptize a few households including stephanas.   So yeah he knew it was necessary.

as for repentance.  Hopefully this will help.

You know , from  the first day I came into Asia

after what manner I have been with you at all times

Serving the LORD with all humility of mind, and with many tears

and temptations which happened to me by the lying in wait of the jews,

and HOW I kept back nothing that was profitable to you, but have showed

you and have taught you publickly and house to house, testifying both to the jews and the gentiles

REPENTANCE toward God and FAITH TOWARD OUR LORD JESUS.

Survey says YOU STILL WONT HEAR IT.  

Paul referred to baptism itself once. Romans 2:4. 

Later he spoke to why this was so. 1st Corinthians 1:14-17“Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” 

5 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Paul referred to baptism itself once. Romans 2:4. 

Later he spoke to why this was so. 1st Corinthians 1:14-17“Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” 

Well amen , he still knew baptism , never said NOT TOO Get baptized, he let OTHERS do it. 

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well amen , he still knew baptism , never said NOT TOO Get baptized, he let OTHERS do it. 

I have only baptized one person.  And some have never baptized anyone.  Don't mean we don't believe in it.

nor that its not suppose to be done. Its just not all will do the baptizing to others.  Paul focused on preaching the gosple

he let the others do the baptizing to the converts.   So simple.

36 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What is spreading the gospel without baptism?

6 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

What is spreading the gospel without baptism?

No one did that.   Paul preached the gospel , i am sure those with him may have done the baptizing.

Its like me, if i go out preaching the gospel , and some repent...........i might have the other who was with me do the water baptism.

OR if their is no water at the time.........have others do it when their come to an area where water is.

Do not over think what is so simple.  TRULY paul did follow JESUS.  And his writings were so holy spirit filled.

My question with those who attack paul as being still as a Pharisee.    WHAT is the REAL REASON ya have problems with paul.

Their is always an alterior motive.  IS it because he warned out about sin so much.  THEY ALL DID.

OR is it because he was so specific about that abomination that so many now in the church support GAY MARRIAGE.

what is the REAL reason for the attacks against pual.  WE KNOW THEIR IS>.............and i bet it is HIS APPROACH.  

I have noticed people who fear, have to find a reason to make them selves feel okay.

I know the world is changing fast...............i know many have fear.  NOT ME , NOT ONE OUNCE

but why is it i have no fear of what people think of me, or being persecuted.

CAUSE MY PEACE IS REAL . I try and comfort the feeble minded .   SO here is some sound good advice.

We will all stand before GOD one day.  STOP fearing man .  Man is not the creator. 

His wisdom is dung , his mind is dung and he knows not the truth.    BUT GRACE can change all that.

We aint trying to please the crowd or society or men.  WE do all for the glory to GOD.  

NOT accusing anyone here of this, but this is truth.

Cowards attack paul, because they fear man and thus try and make him seem bad or judgmental for speaking out against sin .

Paul was no coward of men .  and people who fear man will not be like that, and thus they must attack it to make it look wrong so they wont feel convicted

about their own cowardice.     LET US ALL PONDER THIS TONIGHT>

39 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

NOT accusing anyone here of this, but this is truth.

Cowards attack paul, because they fear man and thus try and make him seem bad or judgmental for speaking out against sin .

Paul was no coward of men .  and people who fear man will not be like that, and thus they must attack it to make it look wrong so they wont feel convicted

about their own cowardice.     LET US ALL PONDER THIS TONIGHT>

Your words belie the truth behind them. You say you're not accusing anyone here of this, but this is truth. Cowards attack Paul. The "but" revoked your prior affirmation. In other words, what you said was, cowards attack Paul.

You won't have a informative discussion within the realm of Apologetics when you call people cowards for their opinion of scripture. You'll close down conversation because people don't have to engage with those who resort to pejoratives rather than reason.