• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Keep up the good work Karen. Whatever you do unto the least of His bretheren you are doing  unto Him.

Be blessed.     :il:  eric

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I know what you're saying, Karen...I have seen firsthand the issues concerning deliverance of those in spiritual bondage.

I also know that what Journey is saying is also true...

I have a disease called, Lupus...it's not a fun thing to have. Don't worry...you can't catch it. It's often transmitted genetically or one is predisposed toward having it.

And yes, it brings with it the unpleasantries of organic depression. The body simply doesn't produce enough brain chemicals in order for a person to feel "normal"...it's much like having adequate amounts of insulin or tsh hormone or whatever one needs in order to remain healthy.

In this case, Seratonin is a brain chemical which is sometimes deficient when people suffer with the disease of Lupus.

It's easy to stereotype people who take antidepressants. I have taken Prozac for a couple of years, {I'm not on it now} but I go through periods where the Seratonin levels drops substantially and I need to get my levels up.

So, please don't assume you understand everything about the human psyche...it's not so simple. Just as blood sugar levels can drop, and TSH levels can drops, so can Seratonin levels or Dopamine levels drop such that a person can be a born-again, happy Christian but have real, organic problems that require medical intervention...

Sadly, too many Christians automatically assume that everyone who takes certain medications must be demonized.

I am not demonized. I have times when I'm in remission and I'm fine. I also have times when my illness is really problematic and I required medication.

It's so easy to simply stereotype...Christians really need to stop doing that and try to understand a problem more fully before assuming that there's a simple answer to everything.  

I prayed and God provided me with wonderfu doctors. That's as simple as this thing gets.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Amen Cats. There is a balance between the 2 positions, there isn't a demon under every bush waiting for us, but demonic possession does occur. All illness is not from satan, some is just the result of the sin sickness we got, and the earth got from Adam. I am not saying you sinned so you get sick, not at all. Although 1 Corinthians does have some of that type of sickness too. That sickness mentioned in 1 Corinthians, is caused by sin. My hubby recently cast a demon from someone, and that person received Christ as savior afterwards, amen. So it does happen, but just not as often as satan would have us believe. He wants us to worry, when we have the Living Powerful Holy Spirit living inside, so we should never, worry or fear.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:a2: Hay! I am sorry anyone got the impression I was referring to MEDICAL problems here! The thread is about "spiritual warfare".

The topic is NOT referring to those who are "okay". It is ABOUT the real battle out there.

Cats, I think you may be confused in between "oppressed and posessed of the devil". Not ALL who are oppressed are raving tomb maniacs.

Cats, I am sorry you suffer with lupas..(sp) I believe in healing. If you recieve what you need through medication, hey that is you. BUT I still speak against anything that comes up against the Word of GOD first... Remember King Asa sought not the Lord first and DIED... I am AGAINST the way the system in prison medicates the women into bondage...

Have to disagree with you here... You are not of the circumstances I am referring to, so please don't be offended by my oppinion... We have talked of this before.

May you be blessed...in HIM, Karen

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

:a2: Hay! I am sorry anyone got the impression I was referring to MEDICAL problems here! The thread is about "spiritual warfare".

The topic is NOT referring to those who are "okay". It is ABOUT the real battle out there.

Cats, I think you may be confused in between "oppressed and posessed of the devil". Not ALL who are oppressed are raving tomb maniacs.

Cats, I am sorry you suffer with lupas..(sp) I believe in healing. If you recieve what you need through medication, hey that is you. BUT I still speak against anything that comes up against the Word of GOD first... Remember King Asa sought not the Lord first and DIED... I am AGAINST the way the system in prison medicates the women into bondage...

Have to disagree with you here... You are not of the circumstances I am referring to, so please don't be offended by my oppinion... We have talked of this before.

May you be blessed...in HIM, Karen

Karen,

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Doc Steve...It's cool..I think what she's saying is something I've seen as a teacher at times...sometimes {but not always} people are being medicated when they don't have a physical illness but rather...their problem is a spiritual one needing spiritual address.

I *think* that's what she's saying.

I do not think my illness is a spiritual one; it could be the sins of the "mother" in my case...she had a very sinful life and didn't repent of her ways so in her body she appeared to succumb to many horrible illnesses...including an autoimmune disorder...

I apparently inherited it from her...my mother's side of the family was VERY disfunctional {a nice way to say "very sinful"}

There's consequences to sin...perhaps it was a generational curse. BUT.....it could be for the glory of God because I'll be healed someday in the future...

OR...it could be as Paul...a "thorn in the side"...or maybe it's to make me a better witness or to humble me or maybe it's just because we live in a sinful world and our bodies reflect that... :halo:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Right Cat. I agree. I have a very good friend whose sister was in a residential mental ward. She was totally dysfunctional. She was dillusional (sp? ) and unable to care for herself. Anyway, I don't recall the diagnosis, but I think schizophrenic. She saw things, heard things, and sometimes didn't even know who she (herself) was. She was in the place for years, until close to middle age. Anyway, my friend's new hubby, who was invovled in deliverance, went to the home and delivered the sis-in-law. She is totally well, working, married and with children. She is on no medication and has been healed for years now. Now, I know that they cannot go up and down the halls delivering everyone 'cause not everyone has a demon. But, some do. I certainly don't begin to understand the spiritual realm, but it sure brings it home when it's someone you know.  :halo:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572

Wow traveller, amen.

That's amazing (but God does work the amazing).

I believe there are natural* physical and psychological ailments as well as spiritual physical and psychological ailments. Both can be overcome, if it is God's divine and perfect will that it happen.

*Romans 8:18-21

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Cat, you are gracious as always.  Awesome post traveller...I agree with Tim.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I praise God for the physicians Dr. Steve. You are correct - you guys are needed. I know that my body does. (I have MG) I'm in remission now (praise God) but years ago I was pretty bad.

But you are correct - we cannot live in this world without disease or sickness affecting us in some way.