• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

If our creator has given us the skill to preserve a life then He must have a plan for that life.

Just because we have the skill to preserve a life doesn't mean that God must have a plan for it. Of course God desires that all men be saved and come to the full knowledge of the truth. The question ultimately comes to whether we are good stewards of these technologies for God's purpose or not. We can keep a brain- dead person's body alive almost as long as we want to. But having that ability does not necessarily mean that it's because God has a plan. We have the skills to make a man into a woman through operations and drugs. But does that in and of itself mean it's because God has a plan?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/02/1952

The question ultimately comes to whether we are good stewards of these technologies for God's purpose or not.

In the past if a person fell into a coma they were allowed to die because we thought they were already dead but some revived and live normal lives. Now if the EEG says no brain activity (Brain dead) we let them die because we think they are already dead. What if tomorrow we find that the EEG is wrong. What if that was you

But having that ability does not necessarily mean that it's because God has a plan. We have the skills to make a man into a woman through operations and drugs.

Wrong!! we can make a man appear to be a woman. We can not change his biology

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

In the past if a person fell into a coma they were allowed to die because we thought they were already dead but some revived and live normal lives. Now if the EEG says no brain activity (Brain dead) we let them die because we think they are already dead. What if tomorrow we find that the EEG is wrong. What if that was you

In the past? You mean somewhere around 100 years in the past, right?

An EEG measures the electrical activity of the brain. The first recorded EEG (electroencephalogram) was documented in 1929, but studies into human brainwave activity date as far back as 1875. I think it would be something next to monumentous if we suddenly discovered that over 80 years of medical evidence was suddenly wrong.

If someone has no electrical activity in the brain, they are clinically dead. Actually, they are dead by any other definition as well. Want to know the difference between a man who has been dead for a couple of days and a man that shows a flat line on an EEG? Absolutely nothing.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I have question concerning this subject:

If a person is put on a machine that keeps the heart beating, and he is brain dead, and then the Lord miraculously heals him/her, because their time on Earth is not complete...... then does the Spirit and Soul come BACK into the "brain-dead" person????? :24::24::24:

I'm hoping this is not a silly question, but reading this thread made me wonder...... :24:

Yomo

Edited by yomotalking

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yomo - as I understand it, that would be the case - only then they are no longer brain dead!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Brain Death Information

Question:

What is brain death?

Answer:

Brain death is defined as the irreversible loss of all functions of the brain. It can be determined in several ways. First - no electrical activity in the brain; this is determined by an EEG. Second - no blood flow to the brain; this is determined by blood flow studies. Third - absence of function of all parts of the brain - as determined by clinical assessment (no movement, no response to stimulation, no breathing, no brain reflexes.)

As you can see in my above post, nobody recovers from being Brain Dead, by definition if they recover they were not Brain dead :24:

God Bless,

Dave

Guest idied2
I was kind of thinking about this with all news coverage of Terri Schiavo lately.

First, this is NOT a thread about her specifically, I don't want it to turn into a debate about her tragic situation.

My question is, if a person is really, truly brain dead, with no activity, and is honestly in a vegetative state, does the soul still stay with the body until it physically dies? Is it possible that, once consciousness is lost and brain activity ceases forever, God may bring your soul to Him in heaven, even though your body, your "shell", is still physically alive?

I've just been thinking about this and wondering what other's opinions would be. To me, it would seem possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. on all accounts. Judgement has been rendered.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wouldn't you have said that Lazerus was brain-dead before Jesus raised him?

Wouldn't you have said that Lazerus was brain-dead before Jesus raised him?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure was sis, as he was Ressurected from the dead. This is what we would refer to as an exception to the rule, aka Divine intervention.

God Bless,

Dave