• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I came across these verses in 1 Samuel 16:14-15 

This is from the 21st Century King James Version . I checked it with the my own personal Bible which is the Holman Student Bible thinking that maybe I was not understanding the meaning of the word "evil spirit". But they say the same thing.  So what is meant by saying "an evil spirit from the Lord" And "an evil spirit from God troubled him"? How can an evil spirit come from God?  :confused:

It is in 3 or 4 other places of 1 Samuel. Bible tells why. God took his Spirit from Saul (protection) because of Sauls sins. Sins and consiquences are in 2 places of 1 samuel. if you read all of it you'll get more information. study the "from" also. it isnt directly ordered but The Lord has allowes or appoved it. You can look at Job to get an idea. The Lord gave Neb the spirit of a beast to humble him. There are more situations in the new testiment also. You can get a better grasp on the frustrations all creation is subjected to in hope of sons. The Lord allows it, it has a purpose. God allowed a messenger of Satan to torment the apostle Paul in order to teach him to rely on God’s grace and power and not become conceited because of the tremendous abundance of spiritual truth he was given (2 Corinthians 12:7) In another place we are told as a body to hand people over (stop protecting then) to satan to let him destroy their flesh so their soul might be saved. I figure Gods ways are higher then my ways and things ment for evil work good for those who love him. I take it as it is said. Some churches with different doctins will tell you it means something other then it says. Just be careful about judging God then accepting a lie or creating a lie cause you reject truth. ask Jesus he will help you know our Father in truth. There is a reason the fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Okay. So maybe it means God will allow evil to come over us? Like he for some reason remove his protection from us and allow evil to torment us. So evil really has no power over us except for if God allows it? 

amen