• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

18 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:

With military background the only thing I can say, it depends on the situation. In a hopeless war there is always a bullet spared in the pocket. I have read many military books and commentary and can't blame those who did it. What would you choose? Would you let yourself to be tortured, raped and humiliated to death? 

As for me I don't want to die like a dog. So I trust God that He won't let me sink that deep but will save me.

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you for sharing and responding to this post. I do appreciate that people have felt that they can respond to this thread, and so far, we have been able to read and hear what each other have to say, without getting into a heated argument.

You mentioned having a military background. And wanted to take the time to thank you for your life of service to the country.

It is hard to think of the hardships that some people do have to go through. Just knowing that is what some people are going through, I am reminded how much people need to have the opportunity to know the Lord and hopefully experience His healing and love in their lives, so that they can receive the healing that they need as well as learn a better way to treat others.

Thanks again Zoltan. Blessings :) 

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

Ok, the media can be extremely manipulative when it comes to pushing an agenda.

Wayyy more goes into it than I know, things like mood music, certain facial expressions, just the perfect snippets to arouse one's emotions...like disgust, well crafted questions to illicit the correct answers from interviewees, as well as selective scenes to push an agenda etc. etc.

Both sides are good at this but the liberals tend to be a bit better playing on the emotions.

Thanks, Yowm, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I was weary to post this topic, but it was something that was on my mind, and I did wonder what others thought about it too.

I remember when we moved here in 2014, my brother in law was working on a video for a class he was taking. He never showed me the video, which I am glad he did not. The sad thing was that from discussions on it, it was a suggestive video clip that he was putting together. The family who he watched it with thought it was great that they had been able to be a part of his video. As a follower of Christ, I found it hard to see, that he, also a follower of Christ only saw this as a project that needed to be done, and not so much as what material he was working with.

When I did my teacher training, I wrote one paper, where I was asked to consider a poem based on the story of Adam and Eve in the garden. The question was worded in such a way that students were meant to respond how unfair God was in His treatment of Adam and Eve and their sin. Though I based my answer on the poem, and not on my own Biblical knowledge, I still failed my assignment. The man who marked my paper told me that I had taken the question too literally. I would fail it again now if I had the opportunity. I would not want to get a good mark, just to say what they wanted me to.

Blessings :)

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not watch movies. Only very old movies or movies that I feel can only have a positive effect on my emotions and my life with God. And 99.9 % of movies today do not have that affect. Only God can take a life.

Thank you MissMuffet, you are so right. It is so important to be aware of what we are exposing ourselves to. I am reminded of Philippians 4:8 as I read your answer, and something that I like to remember too, not only when watching TV, but when getting into a conversation in general.

Whatever is True.jpg

16 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It has devastating impacts, and it is being used to lead many people to destruction. One of the worst mistakes people make is to underestimate its power over people's minds.

Movies, shows, events, games, news, etc... Let of one of those things with innapropriate content enter in your home and you can experience bad results.

Ever heard of people saying that playing certain games has no effect in people's behavior?!

I believe games do inspire, promote and encourage people to do it in real life. They can change, inspire, and influence the behavior of anyone; even without them knowing or admiting it.

I have experienced it. The same goes for movies, events, shows, other's opinion, etc.. Without proper vigilance and God's word in heart anyone can be easily manipulated.

I believe people who underestimate or ignore the power of the media and do not give them proper attention is just doing what the enemy wants.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." - 1 Peter 5:8

Thank you 4L for taking the time to share. I remember back a number of years when there was a big buzz about computers not being able to handle everything as we changed into a new year (I think it was the change into 2000). It was easy to see how fearful people were becoming and it seemed that the media enjoyed feeding into this fear.

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your own experience, and the reminder to constantly be aware of what we are being exposed to and how does it compare to what the Word of God says. Just last week I was reading 1 John 5:21 and it stood out to me. Thought I would share it with you.

1 John 5 21.jpg

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

First my empathy to AlexdofTX. Sorry for your family's deep pain, may God bring healing and some comfort even in this very harsh trial.

Having lived awhile on this fallen bit of creation, I too have faced  death,  and suicide, and even assisted suicide, a few times, well more than a few. For I was a very young adult of 17 when I entered the funeral industry as a career in a fast growing region of the country. I worked for very large firms that did huge volume of funerals and burials for over 20 years. And since that time in my other careers, I have faced the deaths of many I have loved deeply, each dying of a harsh illness, often a cancer of one sort or another. And I have faced the dilemma of abortion too.

With that as preamble, I state that there is no easy answer, none. For this is the reality of the fall of creation. Death is the enemy. Yet there are times when it seems it must be best to turn over another or even self to death, rather than suffer life any further. Whether that is right to do, or wrong, it is very painful either way. 

It is part of knowing life to experience the deep pain of serious illness unto death, or to suffer death's visiting the one's that are so deeply loved by me, and I am sure it is the same for you too.

Perhaps suicide is the hardest death for the survivors, for the pain of it, the sense of rejection, never eases. Instead it seems to grow and grow until it is faced down. That putting down  takes years and years, meanwhile all of life is negatively affected irreversibly by  the sense of guilt having affected all that time between the loss of a beloved, and the ability to face down the sense of guilt associated with the death by suicide. It just never becomes fully comfortable, some adjust to the loss and the rejection it seems to have declared, but not all. It just hurts forever in this flesh.

The deep agonizing pain suffered in terminal illnesses such as cancers brings yet another terror to all, to the caregiver and to the suffering patient. I fully understand the blessing of euthanasia for I have put down  a few animals lower than humans in order to have mercy upon their plight. But to end a human life, that is hard too hard for me even in their deepest pain, though truly  it is something I would do I believe, if it were not for the great benefit of morphines and hospice.  

I have great appreciation for the individuals the volunteers especially that  comprise hospice and it's merciful mission. It is a worthy charity  borne of love to all that suffer and one that needs support of community's citizenry everywhere.

Most of us on this venue know victory over death of this corrupted flesh comes to all that know Jesus as Lord and savior. Yet the process of victory for us and our beloved ones is still to pass on to that victory suffering death of the flesh. It is not an easy victory that our Lord has won for us.

Thank you Neighbor for taking the time to share with us here. I have so appreciated the fact that people have taken a topic and been able to answer it in a respectful manner. I was not sure what sort of response I would get, but at times, it is good to hear from others about a situation as it gives one something to think about. 

I like the approach you took in your answer to share, not only from the point of view of the person who is living a poor quality of life but also the impact it has on those who are left to care for that person. The reminder that our life does have an impact on others, whether we realise it or not.

I think many of us, have dealt with someone in our lives where we have seen people suffering and go through hard times. It has been hard seeing my own dad, who will be eighty next year, lose his strength and agility. He is no longer able to get around like he used to. It was so encouraging to put a photo album in front of him yesterday and give him the chance to look at family photos and talk about the pictures to my girls. He can tell them things about the pictures that I have no idea of, and it was a great way for them to spend time together.

And you are right, I don't think many of us consider just what those who work with hospice must go through on a daily basis. 

I do have a deep respect for those who are going through a hard time. It is not easy to get up and smile each day when you are in pain and hurting. And know that for those who do not know the Lord, for them it must be so hard. Having said that, it does not mean that knowing the Lord will make it easy, but we know we have someone who we can draw strength from during the difficult days.

Your answer was a real blessing. :)  

32 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes, the world is promoting euthanasia........being without God the world is a culture of death anyway.  Don't let ourselves be pressured by the medical profession who have their own agendas and perspective.  But as followers of Christ we should have a heavenly perspective on all things.......and seek to be led by the Spirit in every situation.

Hi Heleadethme, thank you for taking the time to answer. And yes, I do agree that we need to continually be aware of what is going on around us and line it up with the Word of God.

Just yesterday I was listening to a message, where the speaker reminded us, that not everything that is good is necessarily from God. The example given was when the fruit was eaten in the garden of Eden. The fruit looked good, but it wasn't what God had planned for Adam and Eve. 

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Annette, knowing me, I would have sassed back, "Well, why did you take my answer so literally?". :42:

That's funny Yowm, :) I wish I could think of such answers when faced with those situations. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/15/2017 at 7:10 AM, Annette said:

Greetings guys,

I am sure there are already far more eloquent threads about the topic, and perhaps this topic has already been discussed. If so, I do apologize and will try to get around to finding threads within this group related to this topic. 

So yesterday, we chose a movie to watch with my folks while they were here. Not knowing much about the movie, we went based on a short write-up, only to find it was promoting a man's decision to end his life. The man in the story had lived a full and healthy life prior to being involved in an accident and afterward was no longer mobile, living with an injury that he would not heal from. The story ends, with him making that choice, despite the pain it causes his mother and a friend who had come to care for him. It was a hard story to follow, watching someone choose to end their life. 

This movie, though based on a book, left me feeling yuck! And for the first time in about three years, I had a headache like I have not experienced in a number of years. 

I am amazed by what is considered entertainment today, and what a movie like this, could do, to impact people who are going through hard times. Just looking back at creation, at the end of each day, God looked at what was made, and said it was "good". 

It would be good to hear what some of you think about the impact that media has on our lives today, and perhaps your thoughts on this topic. 

world of technology.jpg

God said it was good.jpg

One of the reasons I have redirected my efforts to break into Hollywood with several ideas and concepts (to reintegrate Christian moral people and thinking into the entertainment industry).

I covet the prayers of all in this venture.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Annette said:

HI Alex, thank you so much for taking the time to share from something you have experienced so recently. I was not sure whether or not I should ask people for their response to this topic, but I am glad that I did, as it has given me (and others) the opportunity to pray for other people, who I may otherwise not have known about.

I am sure that making such a decision must be so hard. Will be keeping you guys in prayer at this time. There must be so many emotions that are being dealt with at this time, dealing with the death of a loved one is hard enough when under normal circumstances. Blessings :)

Thank you. I think your post was quite timely.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Annette said:

Thank you 4L for taking the time to share. I remember back a number of years when there was a big buzz about computers not being able to handle everything as we changed into a new year (I think it was the change into 2000). It was easy to see how fearful people were becoming and it seemed that the media enjoyed feeding into this fear.

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your own experience, and the reminder to constantly be aware of what we are being exposed to and how does it compare to what the Word of God says. Just last week I was reading 1 John 5:21 and it stood out to me. Thought I would share it with you.

1 John 5 21.jpg

Wise message :)