• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

41 minutes ago, AlexDofTX said:

Being hungry, thirsty, sorrowed or tempted does not mean his body aged as we understand it.  He experienced everything we experience because of sin on the cross.  On the cross he became sin who knew no sin.  There he experienced aging, so much so that Isaiah said that he was marred beyond recognition.  His being marred was not due to the scourging or crucifixion. It was because the sins of the world were put upon him.

I dont recall seeing "His being marred was not due to the scourging or crucifixion. It was because the sins of the world were put upon him." in the Bible. where does this info come from?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, AlexDofTX said:

Jesus was 33 years old when he died. I don't want him to be 21, I am thinking of what it means to have been sinless.  I don't understand why so many people think that his being fully human means he had a body that was corruptible.  He was fully human as the first Adam was fully human which is why he is called the last Adam.   As far as his being our high priest, he knows all that we experience in sin because he became sin who knew no sin on the cross.  When the sins of the world were placed upon him, then he knew the infirmity of aging as well as all sickness and debilitations. Jesus was perfect just as Adam was perfect.  If Adam had not sinned he would have eaten from the tree of life and never died.  Jesus is the tree of life, thus would not die.

All I am addressing is his appearance, nothing more.

Jesus died.

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 hour ago, AlexDofTX said:

Being hungry, thirsty, sorrowed or tempted does not mean his body aged as we understand it.  He experienced everything we experience because of sin on the cross.  On the cross he became sin who knew no sin.  There he experienced aging, so much so that Isaiah said that he was marred beyond recognition.  His being marred was not due to the scourging or crucifixion. It was because the sins of the world were put upon him.

Ive seen a couple sci-fi movies tthat has this plot. Where aome one a healer and when they healed someone they wound take on that particular ailment they healed the other from. Sounds like what you are saying Jesus when he took on the sin it immediately aged him

and marred him. I can not find this in the bible where do you get the info you are posting?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, coheir said:

I dont recall seeing "His being marred was not due to the scourging or crucifixion. It was because the sins of the world were put upon him." in the Bible. where does this info come from?

Very tired right now, will get back to you later.

39 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Jesus died.

Yes because he voluntarily laid his life down by accpeting our sins upon himself.  If had not, he would not have died.

35 minutes ago, coheir said:

Ive seen a couple sci-fi movies tthat has this plot. Where aome one a healer and when they healed someone they wound take on that particular ailment they healed the other from. Sounds like what you are saying Jesus when he took on the sin it immediately aged him

and marred him. I can not find this in the bible where do you get the info you are posting?

I will list verses later.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/26/2017 at 11:13 AM, coheir said:

He was not exempt from any thing he went through this world as human as we are not exempt from anything

When you pasted this, you missed the three preceding words if I'm understanding this?

• Group:  Diamond Member

13 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

When you pasted this, you missed the three preceding words if I'm understanding this?

tell me what I missed; I typed this it isn't a copy and paste