• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 8.09.2017 at 7:31 AM, Jesica said:

i know i shouldn't ask about this matter, about what's happening in the church. im one of the young people in my church. and i really have a strong desire to serve God. i know that i don't have to please men. but sadly i can see they(young people) don't have a willingness in their heart. i know i shoudn't be so judgemental. but action speaks louder than words. and i can see it in their action. 

1) Church is not building

1 Corinthians 3

16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

You are church 

2) How to know if you  have Holy Spirit inside of you ?

Ephesians 1:13-14

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gospel of salvation is here : 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus is not some preacher or rabbi , but God himself who enter his own creation to redeem people with his own blood and fullfilled hundreds of prophecy written hundreds years before he came to prove that he is God . http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

1 Peter 1:18-19

18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Price has been paid in full , and there is no other way than believing in Christ . You are not saved by going to building and doing disco aerobic sit-stand up - kneel dance or something , but by believing in Jesus Christ so you can get born again .

After that your good works are proof of your faith , and you bear fruit so you can have rewards in heaven , since you are born again God will also punish you for not obeying him and you can lose your inheritance in heaven.

Hope it helps because you probably never read it yourself / have somebody read it to you in church .

If anybody preach different gospel of salvation , let him be cursed ( including myself here ) . Galatians 1:8-12

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Edited by Amazing Horse

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Jessica, my husband and I had the same problem trying to find a church. We just got saved 4 years ago. Which appears to be a blessing in which, everything we learned was at home with a Bible and the Holy Spirit...so when we started trying to find a church, we were almost destroyed at the lack of biblical living and teaching. We ended up staying home last year and reading the Bible start to finish again just to make sure we weren't going crazy.

It's scary out there and the Bible says it's only getting worse.

Sounds like God has found a place in your heart and has big plans to use you, congratulations!! The spirit of God is upon you sister!! Rejoice!

We attend church to not forsake gathering, we stay away from the goats, use discernment and check the scriptures daily, and our ministry is in spreading the gospel, funding missionaries and I do bible study for the women at my local prison... you will find the path God wants you on and I pray you will soar like an eagle!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

On 9/8/2017 at 12:31 AM, Jesica said:

i know i shouldn't ask about this matter, about what's happening in the church. im one of the young people in my church. and i really have a strong desire to serve God. i know that i don't have to please men. but sadly i can see they(young people) don't have a willingness in their heart. i know i shoudn't be so judgemental. but action speaks louder than words. and i can see it in their action. 

The answer is are they Scruptural (teaching, pteaching, behaving and testing all things with the Holy Bible), are they Spirit Filled? (See Acts 8:14-17 for the Second Baptism in the Spirt and Gifts of Spirit in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11). Finally are their eyes fixed on Christ (Hebrews 12:2) or some prophet, man, woman or scholar? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

This is a very good question. There are some really good replies as well.

I would get the complete works of Smith Wigglesworth book. (the Green Cover sold on Amazon).

You should find some excellent topics there, not least of which is Smith's walk with God who from time to time 'calls Smith out..' of a particular church assembly, with the view to placing him in another.

This appears to me to reinforce the idea that the Holy Spirit is not static.
Reading Steve Grey's humble account of the beginnings of the Smithton Outpouring also gives credence to my understanding that, '..He blows where He wills..'