IGNORED

Principles of Interpretation - Hermeneutics

Marilyn C

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi shiloh,

So we agree that Adam was given `dominion,` over the natural world. Then we know that man disobeyed God and came under the sway of Satan.

`We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.` (1 John 5: 19)

Thus we see that man cannot be the caretaker, (as you say) under God while man is subject to Satan`s influence. Thus Jesus came as a man, the last Adam, to redeem mankind from sin and destroy the works of Satan, the devil. There will come a time when the Lord Jesus Christ will claim His inheritance and take possession of the earth.

Marilyn.

He already has possession of the earth and everything else.   He was exalted to the highest place and has the Name above all Names.

We are not waiting for Jesus' exaltation. 

I am sorry, but you are simply grasping at straws if you think that this somehow means that Jesus is fulfilling anything pertaining to Adam. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

He already has possession of the earth and everything else.   He was exalted to the highest place and has the Name above all Names.

I am sorry, but you are simply grasping at straws if you think that this somehow means that Jesus is fulfilling anything pertaining to Adam. 

Yes I agree that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, exalted high above all. So then Shiloh, (this has shades of our soap-box debate....) where & when do you see the Lord on His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

throne - meaning authority. (as I know we both agree)

Marilyn.  

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes I agree that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, exalted high above all. So then Shiloh, (this has shades of our soap-box debate....) where & when do you see the Lord on His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

throne - meaning authority. (as I know we both agree)

Marilyn.  

I am not going rehash that debate.   This is supposed to be about hermeneutics, but evidently you don't want to be reminded about that, or your extreme lack of skill in that area.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not going rehash that debate.   This is supposed to be about hermeneutics, but evidently you don't want to be reminded about that, or your extreme lack of skill in that area.

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

But you see, it is you who brought up this point!

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

But you see, it is you who brought up this point!

I mentioned only it to show the difference between Adam's administrative charge over nature, vs. Jesus' Lordship over the nations.  If you understood hermeneutics, you could clearly see the difference.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I mentioned only it to show the difference between Adam's administrative charge over nature, vs. Jesus' Lordship over the nations.  If you understood hermeneutics, you could clearly see the difference.

The Lord said to me, "You are my Son, today I have begotten you, ask of me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possession." (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

I was bringing that point out, bro. So when do you see that?

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

The Lord said to me, "You are my Son, today I have begotten you, ask of me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possession." (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

I was bringing that point out, bro. So when do you see that?

Doesn't matter where this discussion is concerned.   The point is that it has nothing to do with Jesus fulfilling anything relative to Adam.    I am not going to start chasing rabbits with you.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Doesn't matter where this discussion is concerned.   The point is that it has nothing to do with Jesus fulfilling anything relative to Adam.    I am not going to start chasing rabbits with you.

Aw Shiloh, you`d miss me if I wasn`t here. And we have quite a few rabbits here on the farm.

Well we both see things differently as to Adam being a type of Jesus, as God`s word says.

Tea time, so see you later, or on another thread.

Blessings, bro, Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Aw Shiloh, you`d miss me if I wasn`t here. And we have quite a few rabbits here on the farm.

Well we both see things differently as to Adam being a type of Jesus, as God`s word says.

Tea time, so see you later, or on another thread.

Blessings, bro, Marilyn.

So I can assume that you never actually going to ever address the issue of hermeneutics, the purpose of this thread???    I view Adam as a type the way the Word says.   You see Adam as a type based on  how you mold the Bible around your theology.   That's what happens you ignore sound biblical principles of interpretation.

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Actually  you very wrong; I would suggest to listen to Marilyn

No 1 - Adam and Jesus are both called “sons of God”

Luke 3:38  Adam as “the son of God”.  

Luke 1:35 - Christ called son of God 

No 2. Adam and Christ  both bear the image of God the Father.

No 3.  brides of Adam and Christ.

Eve wore the name of her husband Adam

.“This is the book of the generation of Adam.  In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him:  male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam , in the day when they were created” (Gen. 5:1-2). 

In like manner, Christ bride wears the name of Christ.

The problem with your position your are focusing to much on the antitypes....But like all types there will be some differences.

No one would argue against moses being a type of Christ yet there are difference.

Abraham was a type of Christ yet there are differences.

Solomon a type of Christ yet there are differences

David a type of Christ yet there are differences.

All the patriarchs were forerunners of Christ being types and shadows; this includes Adam.

You need to learn the differences between parallelism and typology.  And I don't theological instruction from non-believers.