• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

2 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

They are not insults and I do not have the desire to fight. I am exposing error through the truth. You could use some lessons in hermeneutics and apologetics. We all need them. Not everyone BUT YOU but we all need them to rightly divide the word. You have demonstrated you are weak in these areas. Im trying to help :)

Which btw, I have full reign of the forums just as anyone else does. Im not following you around. Quit with your condescending blabber. I am not the child you think I am. Children dont have 5 grandchildren

My God is well capable of teaching me.  He has taught me for almost forty five years.  Accurately.   The Holy Spirit was given to us to be our teacher.  Not Herman whatever, not commentaries, The Word, The Holy Spirit.   He is the truth.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Denadii said:

Hi yourself my friend.  As far as hearing what the Holy Spirit says.  It just takes practice.  I think He would rather you erred on the side of obedience than not even try.  What do you think?  

When it comes down to it....I don't even know what 'Hermeneutics' means.  I am reading the Word and I don't understand, I simply ask 'Lord, What are you talking about?'  and He opens it up for me.  Just as He promised He would.   He has never led me astray.    Our God is a Good God!

Anyone make up anything they want and claim God told them so.   That's how cults get started.

Hermeneutics are the rules that govern literary analysis and they are part of understanding Scripture and it is hermeneutics that plays a big part in why you have a Bible in English that you can read.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Denadii said:

My God is well capable of teaching me.  He has taught me for almost forty five years.  Accurately.   The Holy Spirit was given to us to be our teacher.  Not Herman whatever, not commentaries, The Word, The Holy Spirit.   He is the truth.

Hi again Denadii,

I also agree that the Holy Spirit is our teacher, and we can read what He says through the Apostle Paul, the Apostle Peter, etc.  They were teachers given by God to reveal His character and His purposes. God still has teachers who open up His word to us.

Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi again Denadii,

I also agree that the Holy Spirit is our teacher, and we can read what He says through the Apostle Paul, the Apostle Peter, etc.  They were teachers given by God to reveal His character and His purposes. God still has teachers who open up His word to us.

Marilyn.

You are so right Marilyn.   Thank you for that.

Here is one famous example of people not understanding the right interpretation of God`s word.

A person reads one scripture, then flips over the pages and reads the next scripture -

`Judas went and hung himself`  & `go and do likewise`.........mmmmm

Marilyn.  

54 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi again Denadii,

Marilyn.

Absolutely Marilyn   Paul was a wonderful teacher because he too was taught by the Holy Spirit.  Peter?  He's more like me  Taught by the Holy Spirit but kind of thick headed too.  I like Peter.   I'm looking forward to meeting him.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Absolutely Marilyn   Paul was a wonderful teacher because he too was taught by the Holy Spirit.  Peter?  He's more like me  Taught by the Holy Spirit but kind of thick headed too.  I like Peter.   I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Only the grace of God can change us, as I`m sure you have experienced over the many years you have walked with the Lord. Do you have any favourite teachers you have received from? I particularly like C.J.Rolls, Watchman Nee, & Andrew Murray.

regards, Marilyn.

Just now, Marilyn C said:

Only the grace of God can change us, as I`m sure you have experienced over the many years you have walked with the Lord. Do you have any favourite teachers you have received from? I particularly like C.J.Rolls, Watchman Nee, & Andrew Murray.

regards, Marilyn.

Mrs Bundy was an old missionary who had worked in the mission field of Japan years ago.  She was one of those ladies who, when she said something, you simply said 'Yes Ma'am' and you were glad she said what she said.  She was a true lady.  I was a brand new Christian at that time.  She taught my Lady, who in turn taught me, and thus I wound up with a bible school level education in the Word.  Looking back though, it was only a start. 

This lady though, she loved the Lord like you would not believe, she knew things that blew me away, and still blows me away.  She knew the Word, she knew about those giants that inhabited he planet in the ancient times, she knew that  they still exist.  (How she knew that I'll never know in this world.)  She knew stuff that most Christians of today run away from.  And she taught it all to my Lady, who in turn taught me.  I'll be forever grateful to that old missionary for all of her faithfulness to our Father.  

So I learned all of what she taught.  I've learned and kept on learning.  The seeds of what she, and my Lady planted in me have  grown into a huge hunger to know more and more.  I've grown greedy for knowledge because of that lovely Lady.  Mrs Bundy.   What a blessing!   And My Lady.  She is even more of a blessing.

When I was a brand new Christian, I asked Father; 'I want to go to bible school and learn.' He answered me, even as a brand new Christian. "No.  I will be your teacher. You will learn about me from Me.  I AM that I AM.  Father Himself, My lady, and Mrs Bundy.   They are the teachers I learned from.  And I am forever grateful to them!

Yes, I have also learned from others, but when I look at the three above, I really don't remember who they are.   

2 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Mrs Bundy was an old missionary who had worked in the mission field of Japan years ago.  She was one of those ladies who, when she said something, you simply said 'Yes Ma'am' and you were glad she said what she said.  She was a true lady.  I was a brand new Christian at that time.  She taught my Lady, who in turn taught me, and thus I wound up with a bible school level education in the Word.  Looking back though, it was only a start. 

This lady though, she loved the Lord like you would not believe, she knew things that blew me away, and still blows me away.  She knew the Word, she knew about those giants that inhabited he planet in the ancient times, she knew that  they still exist.  (How she knew that I'll never know in this world.)  She knew stuff that most Christians of today run away from.  And she taught it all to my Lady, who in turn taught me.  I'll be forever grateful to that old missionary for all of her faithfulness to our Father.  

So I learned all of what she taught.  I've learned and kept on learning.  The seeds of what she, and my Lady planted in me have  grown into a huge hunger to know more and more.  I've grown greedy for knowledge because of that lovely Lady.  Mrs Bundy.   What a blessing!   And My Lady.  She is even more of a blessing.

When I was a brand new Christian, I asked Father; 'I want to go to bible school and learn.' He answered me, even as a brand new Christian. "No.  I will be your teacher. You will learn about me from Me.  I AM that I AM.  Father Himself, My lady, and Mrs Bundy.   They are the teachers I learned from.  And I am forever grateful to them!

Yes, I have also learned from others, but when I look at the three above, I really don't remember who they are.   

Hi Denadii,

What a wonderful testimony of God`s grace giving you such wonderful teachers/mentors. I also firmly believe in the school of the Holy Spirit, but also am appreciative of those who imputed to my life. That era, 1900`s God gave some great teachers who learned of God in very hard places. Their words matched the outworking of God in their lives. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn.

9 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Denadii,

What a wonderful testimony of God`s grace giving you such wonderful teachers/mentors. I also firmly believe in the school of the Holy Spirit, but also am appreciative of those who imputed to my life. That era, 1900`s God gave some great teachers who learned of God in very hard places. Their words matched the outworking of God in their lives. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn.

LOL  That's something I rarely do.  I usually keep to myself.   I'm glad I shared that with You though.