IGNORED

nude posters on ur bf's walls

Guest alishatheartist

Guest alishatheartist

ThankU2..Nebula,Imamom,whysoblind,brodavid,drluke,darkestred,butterfly kisses,orrr'ement,tsth,ayinjade,leonard

hey everyone! :cool: wow i didn't even know if i would get 1 reply let alone 11

I would like to say that reading all of these posts was the most richest and knowlegable advice i have ever ever read.

I want to thankyou so so much and a huge hug to you from me.

I felt God's heart his love for me and i heard your words in the pit of my stomach..i am such a wuss! tears ran down my face as i was reading and i felt God's amazing holy spirit for the first time in a long time.

I am overwhelmed i am humbled i am excited. I cannot believe strangers from the otherside of the world would lay some time aside to help me out with advice and disipleship

You dont know how much this means to me i appreciate that. :24:

My bf is not saved i am..but a bit lost in the wilderness so to speak. I decided to keep sex till marridge at a very young age and i am 21 now and still a virgin. I wanted a bf i wanted to meet "the one" but guys arnt interested when they find out i wont put out..Ben was different and i thought maybe planting seeds in his spirit would lead him to christ, he is open but being so alternative he feels he doe'snt "fit in" in the church, he is not perverted he is just in the world where posters on guys walls are considered "the norm" with the help of your posts and advice i was able to express to him in a deeper way my feelings about this. I am praying i have put this situation in God's hands and you are right..this thing about the posters will be nothing but an after thought..you guys have made me see what is so so more important.. my man Jc.. i'm coming home, home is where the heart is and i've missed you.. iv'e realised that home is only home with you in my heart

I want to thank drdave especially your advice was beautifully amazing, what an awesome man of God you are thankyou.. a lilly of the field.. :24:

Edited by alishatheartist

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

Wow!! What wonderful replies you received alisha (my daughter is an artist as well, so I noticed your name right away)

I do have to tell you that as Christians we should not EVEN be dating non-Christians, God tells us not to.

I am so glad you have kept your virginity; in your culture (or so I have heard) it is even more difficult to do that then in the US.

God is very pleased with you because of that!! And so will your future husband, whoever he turns out to be.

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
I do have to tell you that as Christians we should not EVEN be dating non-Christians, God tells us not to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did God say that ?

In Christ Jesus

David King

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I think she's referring to the passages:

2 Cor. 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.

And then passages in 1 Cor. 7.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
I think she's referring to the passages:

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, let me explain why I feel that this verse has been mis-interpreted.

When Jesus was walking with us. On Earth.

Do we see him strikingly reject being in the presence of un-believers ?

On the Contrary, we see him dining, spending time, and preaching to non-believers.

The verse in the Second of Corin: seriously needs more light shed on it.

To further strengthen what I am going to say, do acknowledge that verses was something installed very much later to provide for easier reading and translation.

What was the book of 2 Corinthians actually ?

A letter detailing how the Church of Corin: should act and behave.

2 Cor 1: 1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

It was a directive towards the Church, to ensure that the Church is kept separate.

That the Church does not quate with or share it's doctrines with, Un-believing Churches.

2 Cor 6:12,13

Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.

Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

It is a command to the Church to keep it's doctrines straight, and for the Church to Grow in Size: " enlarge in size"

So the following verse,

2 Cor 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.

Is telling the Church to not be yoked togather with other doctrines and other un-believing Churches.

If I did in any case still have not convinced you.

We should stay away from un-believers ?

This way if we were to take the verse in it's essence it would be telling us that we cannot be, friends, co-workers, team players, living in the same area etc .. with all un-believers.

Is that what Christ taught us, Su ?

The Word of God is always Harmony.

God Bless You Sis !

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

[quote name='Bro David

Guest shiloh357

On the Contrary, we see him dining, spending time, and preaching to non-believers.

BD, this has nothing to do with the verse in question. This has nothing to do with the concept of being "yoked."

God has never wanted believers and unbelievers to marry, and it only stands to reason, that he would not want them engaging in a relationship that is itself a precursor to marriage, such as dating.

From the beginning, God has made this clear:

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

(Exodus 34:14-16)

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

(Deuteronomy 7:2-4)

King Solomon violated the above two passages from the Torah and took to himself unbelieving wives. All of his wisdom did not prevent him from falling into idolatry, and bringing idolatry to Israel.

In those days also saw I Jews that had married wives of Ashdod, of Ammon, and of Moab: And their children spoke half in the speech of Ashdod, and could not speak in the Jews' language, but according to the language of each people. And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves. Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin. (Nehemiah 13:23-26)

To further strengthen what I am going to say, do acknowledge that verses was something installed very much later to provide for easier reading and translation.

Completely irrelavant. Verse or chapter divisions does not affect the plain meaning of the text in anyway.

The book of Second Corinthians is essentially a defense of Paul's apostleship. We can see from the letter that there were some who were calling themselves apostles who were calling into question Paul's apostleship. That is really the main point of the letter.

Is telling the Church to not be yoked togather with other doctrines and other un-believing Churches.

We are not to yoked with unbelievers in any sense. You cannot apply it that narrowly. That does not mean we cannot be friendly to unbelievers, but our inner circle of relationships should be comprised of believers. Christians should not be joined with those whose value system is contrary to that of Scripture. They should be joined only with those who share like-minded faith in Christ. 2Cor. 6:14 should be understood to refer to every sphere of our interaction with world.

Nebula is right. Your theology in this area is way off.

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
These were God-believing Jews he spent the majority of His ministry with.

Some of them just happened to live sinful lifestyles, but there is no indication they were "unbelievers."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean to say he was with only God-Fearing Jews Only/ believers only ?

Do you have evidence for this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It amazes me that you do not know how verses in the Bible came about.

Try this web site it should help Bible

Yeah, and part of their behavior was who they chose to marry. :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you assume that a direction given to a Church should, also be used by us.

Where in that verse does it say marry ?

Good.

Why the did not Paul Include how people should marry only internally, seeing how you seem to think it is one of the Pillars of being Christian. ?

Sorry, BD -

Your theology appears to be, what we call, out in left field!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is not my theology Nebula.

It was a question that I had for tsth.

Who is we by the way ?. Everyone who agrees with your theology ?

Out in left field is when you grasp your own ideas to equate it with a singular verse.

Instead of understanding what the whole book was about.

Unless you would like to argue that the book of 2 Corin was not a letter to the Church. :blink:

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢

BD, this has nothing to do with the verse in question. This has nothing to do with the concept of being "yoked."

God has never wanted believers and unbelievers to marry, and it only stands to reason, that he would not want them engaging in a relationship that is itself a precursor to marriage, such as dating.

From the beginning, God has made this clear:

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

(Exodus 34:14-16)

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

(Deuteronomy 7:2-4)

King Solomon violated the above two passages from the Torah and took to himself unbelieving wives. All of his wisdom did not prevent him from falling into idolatry, and bringing idolatry to Israel.

In those days also saw I Jews that had married wives of Ashdod, of Ammon, and of Moab: And their children spoke half in the speech of Ashdod, and could not speak in the Jews' language, but according to the language of each people. And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves. Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin. (Nehemiah 13:23-26)

Completely irrelevant. Verse or chapter divisions does not affect the plain meaning of the text in anyway.

The book of Second Corinthians is essentially a defense of Paul's apostleship. We can see from the letter that there were some who were calling themselves apostles who were calling into question Paul's apostleship. That is really the main point of the letter.

We are not to yoked with unbelievers in any sense. You cannot apply it that narrowly. That does not mean we cannot be friendly to unbelievers, but our inner circle of relationships should be comprised of believers. Christians should not be joined with those whose value system is contrary to that of Scripture. They should be joined only with those who share like-minded faith in Christ. 2Cor. 6:14 should be understood to refer to every sphere of our interaction with world.

Nebula is right. Your theology in this area is way off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you David.

Somehow that one verse speaks,

that we should not marry outside of our faith or even date outside of our faith, and it even says that we can have outer circle of friends that are un-believers but we can't have an inner circle with them inside.

How does 1 Corin 6:14 say all that too you.

Yes I know the central meaning of that epistle.

I also do know that 2 Corin 1:1 also says that it is indeed a letter to the Church at Corin: I do not see why you would bring that point up.

David please do not be presumptuous in thinking that I belive otherwise.

I did in no way state that I belive we should marry outside the faith.

It was just a point of debate that I wanted to have with tsth.

Also could you all stop with the resounding "Your Theology" Condemnation here.

I have never condemned yours.

Even when I dis-agreed with it.

God Bless

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

[quote name='Bro David