• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, OneLight said:

Perhaps you should tell who you are talking to?

Just a general statement .  My point being, if posters open with such lengthy statement, there are bound to be lengthy replies and i am just noting that.  Not anything to do with your post, just an observation.   I think the OP could condense his post and follow up with additional post to get his point across as some do.   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Perhaps you should tell who you are talking to?

You know what.  I apologize if any was offended.  I should have just stayed out and let the thread go on without my comment.  Sorry folks.   

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

33 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Genesis 1:1-2

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

WHO created this universe? 

John 1:1-3  “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him; and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

Colossians 1:15-17   “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.  All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.”

I Corinthians 8:6  “yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.”

John 1:10  “He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.”

Hebrews 1:1-2 “God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.”

It appears that the Son of God created this world. 

In what FORM would the Son of God have existed - back then? 

My own answer would be - as SPIRIT.   That would have been "the express image" of God His Father. 

Jesus prayed that He be restored to the glory He once shared with His Father "before the world was". 

What FORM would that be?

1 Corinthians 15:45  And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (NKJ)

The glorified Jesus Christ IS "the Holy Spirit" with us and in us.  As Paul said, "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col. 1:27).  

43 minutes ago, OneLight said:

John 3:1-8  

This verse does not address the nature of God.  It just says that one must be "born OF the Spirit". 

Ephesians 4:6 “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all”.

So God the Father is "through all" and "in all".  That must be the Holy Spirit.  Does not say the Spirit is a THIRD divine being, but rather a manifestation OF God the Father.

And who baptizes with the Spirit?  Answer:  Jesus.

Titus 3:6  “This Spirit He poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior.”  (NRS)

Acts 2:33 “Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He [Christ] poured out this which you now see and hear.”

Matthew 3:11  "He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire” (Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; John 1:33).

Anything repeated four times in Scripture is absolutely foundational !!!
Jesus would baptize His followers with the Holy Spirit.  
Jesus would “receive” this Spirit from His Father.

Luke 11:13  “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”

from the Father - through the Son - to us

53 minutes ago, OneLight said:

John 14:12-21

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. “If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

The world did not "know" Christ. 

The disciples did "know" Christ.

Jesus dwelt with His disciples, but in future He would be "in" them.

Jesus promised that He would not leave them, and that He would "come to" them.

He would come to them AS the Holy Spirit.  He would be "in" them as the Holy Spirit. 

God the Father IS spirit".   God pours His spirit - without measure - through His Son - into us. 

We experience this Spirit as the presence of Christ - with us and in us. 

Concerning the word "another".   We cannot assume a third divine being from this text.  Jesus spoke of His future glorified self - on several occasions - in THIRD PERSON, as "He", as if speaking of a different person.  Look for those verses especially where Jesus calls Himself "the Son of Man".  

Ephesians 4:10 “He that descended [into the grave] is the same also that ascended up far above all  heavens, that He might fill all things.”

How does Jesus "fill all things".  Answer:  as the "life giving Spirit" which He has become. 

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Baptizes

Acts 2:1-4  When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

And WHO baptizes with the Holy Spirit?  Answer:  Jesus

Matthew 3:11 [John the Baptist]  “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire” (Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; John 1:33).

Gifts from the Holy Spirit

1 Cor 12:1-31

The Father gives the Holy Spirit - to those who ask Him. 

We are to thank the Father for all things. 

Colossians 3:17  And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (NKJ)

Ephesians 5:20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Every good gift is from the Father. 

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. (Jam 1:17 NKJ)

Ephesians 3:14-18  “For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.”

I do not read that we are to THANK the Holy Spirit.  We are to THANK the Father - in the name of Jesus.

Fellowship with

2 Cor 13:14

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

This one is not a proof text.  It can be understood in different ways, depending on the viewpoint of the reader. 

Communion of the Holy Spirit is not necessarily communion WITH the Holy Spirit. 

"and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ". (1Jo 1:3 NKJ)

Do Not grieve the Spirit

Ephesians 4:30-32  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The Holy Spirit OF God, is not necessarily the same as God the Holy Spirit.  This verse is not a proof text concerning the nature of the Holy Spirit. 

The same might be said for the sin against the Holy Spirit.

Consider the Holy Spirit teaching.

Luke 12:12  “For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Mark 13:11  “But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.”

[Compare a parallel passage.]  

Matthew 10:19-20  “But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;  for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.”

The Spirit who speaks IS the Spirit of the Father, which is poured out to us through His Son.  We experience the voice of Christ.  He is our Teacher.  He is the “life-giving spirit” within us.  He explains the things of God for us.  He takes the things of God and explains them to us.   The channel is Christ.  But we give thanks to the Father.  

Concerning blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:

Matthew 12:31-32  “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the  blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.”

Mark 3:29  “He who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation.”

Why no mention of blasphemy against The Father?  Why?  Because the Father IS the original, uncreated Holy Spirit.  

If the Father of Jesus Christ IS the Holy Spirit, then we can understand this passage to say that speaking a word against the human Jesus can be forgiven, but blasphemy against God His Father - will not.  Blasphemy against Yahweh, the God of Israel would not be forgiven.  Now that makes sense.   

The Spirit is the means by which we have fellowship with the Father and with His Son (1John 1:3, John 14:23).  To reject the Holy Spirit is to turn a deaf ear to the only source of saving conviction and power.  To reject the Holy Spirit is to reject both the Father and the Son.  

1 John 2:23 “Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.”

He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

I have NOT denied God Our Father and Jesus Christ His Son.  I have said there is in fact a Father-Son relationship between them. 

Islam teaches that God never beget a Son.